Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens officially release FB Vonta Leach; Re-sign TE Bajema
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmvoss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Well I'm not sure what took so damn long. Everyone and their dog could see that if Pollard and Boldin were going to get cut/traded, that Leach was only a matter of time.

The only reason I see this happening is so that we can pick up a WR via trade or draft.

Sucks for Ray Rice, though. His career looks to be going down the tank fast.

Not sure I agree with this at all. He wasn't at the top of his game last year, but still a VERY good RB. I feel like the offseason hyping of BP (who I love) has led to Rice getting downgraded with no actual action taking place.

I don't think this is lost on rice, all the hoopla for BP and pessimism for himself. I think he is going to have a great season.
Integrity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leach may be resigning with the Ravens today;

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/07/vonta_leach_3.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
Leach may be resigning with the Ravens today;

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/07/vonta_leach_3.html

I wonder if we can even afford to give him the same contract that we had offered. I mean if we released Leach. There has to be some dead money's that we have to pay. Which would make it less cost effective to pay both the dead money as well as potentially $3m to him. I'd have to wonder if we lowered our offer some.

Edit: And by afford I don't mean that literally. As I know we could "afford" to pay both his dead money as well as the contract that we had offered him. However, that would've essentially made releasing him and signing him pointless as he had a $4.33 cap for 2013. Releasing him created $1.33m in DM. So the contract on the table of $2m + incentive $1m would likely create $1m in cap space. But if say Juice-check goes down with injury or we use more power run sets than expected and Leach reaches his incentive... We would have to pay him his full $3m... And would have saved exactly $0 by resigning him.

I wonder if we might lowball him by a few hundred thousand in guaranteed dollars and push a little more into his incentive moneys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: