Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EF Fantasy Baseball
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Damn E27 you really are throwing the towel in this year huh? Not enthused about Jroc getting 3 legit starters for the playoffs but what the hell. Rolling Eyes

You're evaluating trades based off how they effect your chances, rather than two teams involved.

Jroc gets a leg up this year, but is taking all the risk in this deal. Between injuries and poor performance; Kemp has become an unreliable keeper going forward. After his monster first half in 2012, he's been average at best for nearly a year. Sure Scherzer is a really good addition, but he gets him for a couple months, and then likely has nothing to show for Braun but Kemp.

You may see this deal as me throwing in the towel, and as far as this year goes it's true. Since I'm not going to win the league this year though, I'm fine with that. All that matters in the deal to me is what I get to keep going forward, and that means I just swapped Kemp for Braun. I get a player that will be a MVP candidate on a yearly basis for a player I had no confidence in.

I agree with what you said. Maybe my post wasn't clear. I'm fully aware of who benefits in 2013 and 14. Doesn't mean I have to like it. If I wasn't legitimately in the hunt I'd be doing the same.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody want CC Sabathia?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down goes Matt Moore.

Hopefully he comes back in a couple weeks and is 100%. If not, it will be a little more difficult to make a run at this thing although I still think I have a shot.

This is so wide open. 11 games separate 2nd place and 6th place. So that means that a first round bye is very much so up for grabs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quick to move Braun because now I have no idea what he is. He wasn't exactly lighting it up this season. He could just be a good ball player after this while, if Kemp comes back to form, is a legit fantasy stud. I am taking risk, however every trade has some sort of risk.

Scherzer is a stud and is a K machine. No brainer there. Romo is consistent and I needed a consistent closer.

I actually really like Miley. Had him last year and performed very well. He was an Allstar. And he looks to be turning it around and going back to form now. Think I'm going to miss him. And Eaton, I sat on all year on the DL. Primed for a fantasy bust out year. Was really looking forward to seeing get going.

Anyway, it's a fair amount of risk and potential and performance overall, I think. Ready for the playoffs, just need the team to get healthy and perform.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Down goes Matt Moore.

Hopefully he comes back in a couple weeks and is 100%. If not, it will be a little more difficult to make a run at this thing although I still think I have a shot.

This is so wide open. 11 games separate 2nd place and 6th place. So that means that a first round bye is very much so up for grabs.

No it's not! Leave me and 2nd place alone. I'm having to scrape by as is right now..Cool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
No it's not! Leave me and 2nd place alone. I'm having to scrape by as is right now..Cool

I'm coming for you Nabbs.

Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Wow, I just noticed you outright dropped him. Missed that one completely.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Meco wrote:

Wow, I just noticed you outright dropped him. Missed that one completely.

I didn't really want him to begin with. Had to work on draft day and got stuck with him. Put him on the trade block on day one and nobody ever wanted him. And after 3 horrendous starts, I'm out.

Anyways, all my relievers are up for grabs. I'll trade any one of them in exchange for a starting pitcher.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 4th place but Hanley Ramirez might be injured. They are going to do an MRI today.

Losing Hanley would be a huge loss for this season. Hopefully Matt Moore can come back.

Regardless of all of this, my team isn't going to do very much in the playoffs if guys like Chris Davis, Ryan Zimmerman, and Brandon Phillips aren't playing well.

I also need Jean Segura to really get it going again. It is nice to have Prado hitting well again since he can play so many different positions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The injury that Hanley Ramirez suffered appears to be minor. Might even avoid the DL. He has been putting up MVP caliber numbers. But in case he gets injured again and has to make a DL trip, I've stashed Xander Bogaerts for when he eventually gets called up.

Omar Infante expected to be back as early as this Thursday. Could be nice since Brandon Phillips has been struggling lately.

Matt Moore is going to throw a bullpen session this weekend. I think he will be critical to matching up against some of the other playoff teams with elite pitching.

Roy Halladay threw a bullpen session on Monday. If Halladay is even remotely the Halladay of old (before this season), I might have something special heading into the playoffs.

Both are expected to be back mid to late August.

Should be an exciting finish to the season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here comes E27 making a late season push for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:

I saw that and chuckled Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

I saw that and chuckled Laughing

Mad

#JDI
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as we say it's just a crap shoot once you get to the playoffs (and I agree it is), I just wanted to point out that there has been just one year out of the 5 years this league has existed that the number one seed wasn't in the championship matchup.

And #1 vs. #2 from the regular season has played in the championship matchup 3 out of the 5 seasons.

Should be interesting this next week. Could potentially have the top 4 teams in the standings playing each other.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
As much as we say it's just a crap shoot once you get to the playoffs (and I agree it is), I just wanted to point out that there has been just one year out of the 5 years this league has existed that the number one seed wasn't in the championship matchup.

And #1 vs. #2 from the regular season has played in the championship matchup 3 out of the 5 seasons.

Should be interesting this next week. Could potentially have the top 4 teams in the standings playing each other.

Oh that 1st rd bye without a doubt helps but like real life the team that gets hot last minute usually takes it all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 54 of 79

Jump to: