Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEN LB Miller suspended 6 games; Tried to cheat test [pg.28]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21211
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
He was wearing a young money shirt lol Im sure you appreciate that lomax


..

Really? For crying out loud Von
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 2232
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Looks like there won't be an official decision until after camp:

Adam Schefter on Twitter wrote:
NFL targeting mid-August as appeal date for Von Miller's 4-game suspension. Resolution expected before regular season.


https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/360047027662503936


Nearly all sportswriters are assuming that Miller suspension will be the first 4 games of the season. That's still unclear. It could be any 4 games.

Worst case -- the confusion over the suspension keeps Miller out of training camp and pre-season games. As a result, Miller wouldn't be ready for regular games at the start of the season. Then his suspension would take away 4 games later in the season. So the worst case might be he misses more than 4 games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 16367
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
Looks like there won't be an official decision until after camp:

Adam Schefter on Twitter wrote:
NFL targeting mid-August as appeal date for Von Miller's 4-game suspension. Resolution expected before regular season.


https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/360047027662503936


Nearly all sportswriters are assuming that Miller suspension will be the first 4 games of the season. That's still unclear. It could be any 4 games.

Worst case -- the confusion over the suspension keeps Miller out of training camp and pre-season games. As a result, Miller wouldn't be ready for regular games at the start of the season. Then his suspension would take away 4 games later in the season. So the worst case might be he misses more than 4 games.
That is not going to happen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1782
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
Looks like there won't be an official decision until after camp:

Adam Schefter on Twitter wrote:
NFL targeting mid-August as appeal date for Von Miller's 4-game suspension. Resolution expected before regular season.


https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/360047027662503936


Nearly all sportswriters are assuming that Miller suspension will be the first 4 games of the season. That's still unclear. It could be any 4 games.

Worst case -- the confusion over the suspension keeps Miller out of training camp and pre-season games. As a result, Miller wouldn't be ready for regular games at the start of the season.
Then his suspension would take away 4 games later in the season. So the worst case might be he misses more than 4 games.


Not a possibility.
Secondly, VON Miller is either a liar or he is calling his team mate as well as a couple folks on this forum liars. It is a straight up black or white issue no grey shade. "Today, when asked if marijuana was part of his life style, Von Miller responded, Absolutely not."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
He was wearing a young money shirt lol Im sure you appreciate that lomax


..

Really? For crying out loud Von


No s**t! Ya don't know whether to laugh or cry.

He doesn't seem to get it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
germ-x


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 7835
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
He was wearing a young money shirt lol Im sure you appreciate that lomax


..

Really? For crying out loud Von


No s**t! Ya don't know whether to laugh or cry.

He doesn't seem to get it.


I also had never noticed this before, but his twitter account name is MillerLite40. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12520
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
Just hope he doesn't have a problem with this stuff and its a party aid and nothing else.


Speaking from personal experience, its very unlikley that he is going to become addicted to Molly and allow it to ruin his career. Its a definate 'once in a blue moon' type of drug.

Its not an addictive substance that would result in longterm problems. But he fact he chose to take it over not knowing the negative consiquences worries me.
elwayfan07 wrote:
I don't know if anyone saw the minicamp presser. Von just got done talking. He seemed incredibly rattles IMO.Hopefully, someone had a "Come to Jesus" meeting with him and its the type of experience he needs to wake up

His parents, agent, and teammates probably yelled at him. Hopefully he gets reality check that he has to say no to drugs.
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
He was wearing a young money shirt lol Im sure you appreciate that lomax

Makes sense hy he likes the worst part of rap.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot: Tim Wright
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
Why is it that so many people love to compare a 24 year old in the NFL to a normal 24 year old? They aren't the same. The fact is, Von's job means that he is under a severe amount of pressure to NOT do drugs. By doing so, he has severely let his teammates down and also the fans that spend a lot of money to support him. Oh, and not to mention the young children who idolise him that will have to read about him taking drugs.


I acknowledged that he should not have jeopardized his team by doing drugs but unfortunately the entire public narrative is going to revolve around how 'Von is a drug abuser! Von has a problem!" etc. rather than than 'Von jeopardized four Broncos games'. That is the only issue here.

And dont even get me started on sports players as role models. When Von signed his contract, when all athletes sign their contracts, they are signing up to play a game. It is not their responsibility to raise a bunch of little kids vicariously through the television.

Saying that Von let down little kids is implying that he had an inherent moral responsibility to be a role model for the kids. That is BS IMO. He has a responsibility to stay on the field and make plays. He let the team down by not staying on the field. That is all he did wrong.


I understand your argument 2010 but it's an opinion held by a very small minority IMO. That arguments been going on for 50+ years and has little support.

Fact is, when you place yourself in the public eye either through sports or politics you WILL BE held to a higher standard (not so much politics anymore but that's another rant) and should be.

Little kids will look up to you, just a fact. Teenagers, even adults will emulate you. Whether you believe it's fair or not, the fact is your actions affect a huge number of people.

There are huge benefits in sports and politics, wealth, fame, etc. but along with those comes huge responsibility. Von needs to realize that.

Added an interesting quote from the DP today and the article:
Quote:
Hacker, of Aurora, who attended the camp with her family, still wore Miller's jersey, although she was disappointed in the news.

"It was disappointing because he's a role model for kids," Hacker said. " Learn and move on from it, not do it again, ever, or I will get a new jersey."




http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23729766/broncos-fans-embrace-von-miller-at-first-practice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 16367
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/7/26/4560234/extenuating-circumstances-in-the-von-miller-case

Well see if that's the case we can only hope he wins his appeal although the chances are slim.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SenorClean2k0


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 704
Location: Cloud 9
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/26/von-miller-broncos-drug-test-suspension-teammates/2590931/?sf15435329=1

Quote:
A person with knowledge of Miller's situation told USA TODAY Sports that the suspension was not the result of a failed drug test.

"He didn't test positive for anything," the person said.


Seems like there's more story to be told
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1782
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to the glut of news that seemed to suggest VON was smoking and showing up for work high every day, it seems his suspension is not as a result of a a failed test.

Looks like he may have missed counseling, a drug test or something along those lines rather than testing positive for a recreational drug. This would suggest VON has not tested positive for any banned substance since his rookie year nearly two years ago.
Whatever the case, it is a bit of a relief that he might not be as irresponsible as the punishment seemed to suggest initially. Hope this serves as motivation for him not not only to dominate on the field but remain a role model off it as well.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23741421/source-von-miller-suspension-wasnt-triggered-by-positive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalIntent


Joined: 24 Jul 2013
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Contrary to the glut of news that seemed to suggest VON was smoking and showing up for work high every day, it seems his suspension is not as a result of a a failed test.

Looks like he may have missed counseling, a drug test or something along those lines rather than testing positive for a recreational drug. This would suggest VON has not tested positive for any banned substance since his rookie year nearly two years ago.
Whatever the case, it is a bit of a relief that he might not be as irresponsible as the punishment seemed to suggest initially. Hope this serves as motivation for him not not only to dominate on the field but remain a role model off it as well.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23741421/source-von-miller-suspension-wasnt-triggered-by-positive


He will have to dominate for twelve games because missing an appointment is more difficult to appeal than a failed drug test because there is no tampering with missed responsibilities.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1782
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalIntent wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Contrary to the glut of news that seemed to suggest VON was smoking and showing up for work high every day, it seems his suspension is not as a result of a a failed test.

Looks like he may have missed counseling, a drug test or something along those lines rather than testing positive for a recreational drug. This would suggest VON has not tested positive for any banned substance since his rookie year nearly two years ago.
Whatever the case, it is a bit of a relief that he might not be as irresponsible as the punishment seemed to suggest initially. Hope this serves as motivation for him not not only to dominate on the field but remain a role model off it as well.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23741421/source-von-miller-suspension-wasnt-triggered-by-positive


He will have to dominate for twelve games because missing an appointment is more difficult to appeal than a failed drug test because there is no tampering with missed responsibilities.


What if there was a mix up and he was in Afghanistan visiting our troops when the appointment was scheduled? Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalIntent


Joined: 24 Jul 2013
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
MalIntent wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Contrary to the glut of news that seemed to suggest VON was smoking and showing up for work high every day, it seems his suspension is not as a result of a a failed test.

Looks like he may have missed counseling, a drug test or something along those lines rather than testing positive for a recreational drug. This would suggest VON has not tested positive for any banned substance since his rookie year nearly two years ago.
Whatever the case, it is a bit of a relief that he might not be as irresponsible as the punishment seemed to suggest initially. Hope this serves as motivation for him not not only to dominate on the field but remain a role model off it as well.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23741421/source-von-miller-suspension-wasnt-triggered-by-positive


He will have to dominate for twelve games because missing an appointment is more difficult to appeal than a failed drug test because there is no tampering with missed responsibilities.


What if there was a mix up and he was in Afghanistan visiting our troops when the appointment was scheduled? Smile


I highly doubt it. Wish the team would sign Mark Anderson that would be solid for the pass rush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1782
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, it was said tongue and cheek.

I do sense VON will get his suspension reduced a game or two. Just my prediction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 8 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group