Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Intro/Random Thread [Playoff Letdown/Who Coaches Nugs? Ed.]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some of you have ever thought about visting Germany, here's another voice - that of London's mayor Boris Johnson - encouraging you to indeed do so. I have been in Berlin for a few days now and this is one historic, hip and bohemian metropolis. Like Paris, but less chic and more egalitarian.

Forget about trying to contain Germany we should copy it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk:80/news/worldnews/europe/germany/10193985/Forget-about-trying-to-contain-Germany-we-should-copy-it.html

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
hibdib31

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a nice short read from Austin Lane (formerly of the Jaguars) on what it's like to be cut from a team:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/25/what-its-like-to-get-whacked/
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Their OL is very good.

More to the point, that having two aggressive penetrating Defensive Tackles doesn't mean very much when a team can just run the ball right down your throat. Which is what San Francisco does to teams like Detroit, busting off 20 yard runs with wham plays and the like. In reality Detroit's DTs being "scary" is more Footballs Future general hype than it is a huge concern for opposing teams.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extreme Bronco tattoo:
http://i.imgur.com/paXuJ3s.jpg
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading about and looking at the photo of Aaron Hernandez holding a gun in a surveillance photo...HIS surveillance.

Firstly, I have to say that the photo sucks. It could be a gun, it could be some numb chucks. It is really unclear what he is holding. But, if he had just murdered someone and knew that his house had surveillance cameras, what the hell would you be doing holding a gun in front of those cameras on the night that you killed someone.

How can you get caught by your own cameras...what a dumb a$$.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I was just reading about and looking at the photo of Aaron Hernandez holding a gun in a surveillance photo...HIS surveillance.

Firstly, I have to say that the photo sucks. It could be a gun, it could be some numb chucks. It is really unclear what he is holding. But, if he had just murdered someone and knew that his house had surveillance cameras, what the hell would you be doing holding a gun in front of those cameras on the night that you killed someone.

And why do it a mile from your house? Someone never learned don't [inappropriate/removed] where you eat.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question:

How is it with image rights, copyrights etc. concerning avatars? Could one get into legal trouble if someone with the necessary judicial competences sees that I, for example, sport a Hanks pic?

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Question:

How is it with image rights, copyrights etc. concerning avatars? Could one get into legal trouble if someone with the necessary judicial competences sees that I, for example, sport a Hanks pic?

I don't think so. I doubt the owner of the photo would go that far even if they saw you using it. Copyrights are moreso to not allow people to profit off of there work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright,_Designs_and_Patents_Act_1988#Enforcement_of_copyright

Also throwing that out there. Whatever photo you pick we have no idea if it is copyright or not that it'd matter. If you were profiting off it but as far as I know we dont profit off avatars.

broncosfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

And why do it a mile from your house? Someone never learned don't [inappropriate/removed] where you eat.

Other photos leaked awhile ago w/ him in a mirror holding a gun taking a selfy. Hernandez clearly isn't the smartest and deserves life for both murders he's accused of. Though Boston media is a train wreck. According to them this is the first part of the chain of actions that will result in Kraft firing Belichick.
marktheshark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
If some of you have ever thought about visting Germany, here's another voice - that of London's mayor Boris Johnson - encouraging you to indeed do so. I have been in Berlin for a few days now and this is one historic, hip and bohemian metropolis. Like Paris, but less chic and more egalitarian.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk:80/news/worldnews/europe/germany/10193985/Forget-about-trying-to-contain-Germany-we-should-copy-it.html

Spent two weeks in Berlin, can't wait to go back. It's one of only two land locked places in the world I feel I could live.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiked a 14er today...Mt Quandary. Anyone else done it?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I have been wondering why their app was not updated since just before the draft this year, but now I see why. Pro Football Weekly, one of my favorite sites to follow the NFL with, no longer is profitable enough. They went out of business two months ago. Really, really disappointed. I just bought their 2013 preview at a kiosk this weekend. Reminds me of the time when the Rocky Mountain News had to end their publishing. I prefered them to the Denver Post back then.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/05/31/pro-football-weekly-says-goodbye

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Spent two weeks in Berlin, can't wait to go back. It's one of only two land locked places in the world I feel I could live.

Wish I could say the same. Visited Berlin in 2001 with my fiance now wife. We arrived in Germany via train from Poland close to midnight.
As soon as we got off the train, we were hassled and heckled with racist taunts. It got so bad, one of the skin heads actually threw a bottle at us. Everyone kept going about their business as if nothing criminal was going on.

Personally not my place of destination. Will never put my feet down in Berlin again during this life. Too racist.

Wolfsburg, on the other hand, was fantastic. Stayed with a friend who played with the local Bundesliga team for a week. Had a blast. Great pubs and the people were nice. My two cents.
Cut-2-Marsh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I'm a Tiger fan as y'all are aware.

But how 'bout Phil doing WORK on back 9 at Muirfield today!

Talk about impressive.

I really don't understand how anyone can be a fan of Tiger Woods. He is a fantastic golfer; maybe the best ever. But as a person, he is so unlikeable it makes me sick.

Love lefty, and delighted for him to win the Claret Jug.

Phil is one of the all time good guys and deserves all the credit he gets, love seeing him do well.
Golf needs Tiger though, it just does.

A couple of years ago we were saying the same thing about Tiger. We don't have a clue about what kind of persons these athletes are.
marktheshark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
marktheshark wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Wish I could say the same. Visited Berlin in 2001 with my fiance now wife. We arrived in Germany via train from Poland close to midnight.
As soon as we got off the train, we were hassled and heckled with racist taunts. It got so bad, one of the skin heads actually threw a bottle at us. Everyone kept going about their business as if nothing criminal was going on.

Personally not my place of destination. Will never put my feet down in Berlin again during this life. Too racist.

Wolfsburg, on the other hand, was fantastic. Stayed with a friend who played with the local Bundesliga team for a week. Had a blast. Great pubs and the people were nice. My two cents.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but pinning one visit to Berlin is like going to the Louve and recommending it for remodeling. You clearly missed the attraction.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your point but we all see things through our own cultural prism. South Africa has some of the most beautiful terrain in the world.

If you went there for vacation and as soon as you arrived people of a different race attack you simply because of the color of your skin, I am certain you would find it hard embracing it as one of the greatest places on earth regardless of what anyone says.

I have been all over Europe, eastern and western, and in no place did I experience such blatant hatred and racism as I did in Berlin. Cheers.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 73 of 100

Jump to: