Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout talent on the roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gutted a 2-14 team. Of course we're that bad.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

What about Shipley? I think if we pick a breakout WR other than the obvious top-2, he is the guy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

What about Shipley? I think if we pick a breakout WR other than the obvious top-2, he is the guy

Jordan Shipley could be the best free agent WR this team has ever signed 23 rec 244 yards and a TD in 6 games. I am excited to see what he will do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Jordan Shipley could be the best free agent WR this team has ever signed 23 rec 244 yards and a TD in 6 games. I am excited to see what he will do.

No chance.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
AngryPirate wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

No chance.
If I'm remembering correctly, both Smith and McCardell were free agent acquisitions.

- Best since day one -
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
AngryPirate wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

No chance.
If I'm remembering correctly, both Smith and McCardell were free agent acquisitions.

McCardell was definitely a free agent signing. I guess it can be argued that Smith having been out of football for a year and walking on to the team that he's not quite the same thing.

- Gus Bradley
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I couldn't remember off the top of my head if Smith was a guy we signed off the streets or an expansion draft guy.

- Best since day one -
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Yeah, I couldn't remember off the top of my head if Smith was a guy we signed off the streets or an expansion draft guy.

Yea, he was cut by the Cowboys because he had a pretty serious illness, I forget what it was though.

There's actually a sweet story about how his grandmother made him a scrapbook to show to Coughlin to help get his tryout.

- Gus Bradley
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it's coming back to me. I thought he had already gotten better from the appendectomy and all the complications he had at that point. He went to the Eagles after that for a bit. Recently, some news came out from one of the guys associated with the Eagles that the reason he was cut was because they found out about his drug use then. I remember reading it right after we found out he was in jail. So yeah, he had to have been a pick up off the street.

Also, random note: he's serving his time in house arrest now. I've also heard rumblings of him doing some coaching up of Cecil, though I'm not exactly sure how far that went or if it was more a rumor based on them contacting each other.

- Best since day one -
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's going to be really hard for any of the non-starting receivers to really break out. We've kinda got a log jam of talent as pass catchers with Shorts, Blackmon, Mo-Mass, Shipley, Ace, Shoelace and Lewis. Mo-Mass is going to get some starting time with Blackmon out, but then after that we're going to be seeing more of a rotation based on situational plays for all but Shorts, Blackmon and Lewis. I feel like it's going to be hard for one guy to really get enough reps to put together 500+ yards.

I'm expecting more like
Shorts - 1150
Blackmon - 750
Lewis - 500
And then another 600 or so between the other guys.

And that's probably generous totals given our QB situation.

- Best since day one -
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I think it's going to be really hard for any of the non-starting receivers to really break out. We've kinda got a log jam of talent as pass catchers with Shorts, Blackmon, Mo-Mass, Shipley, Ace, Shoelace and Lewis. Mo-Mass is going to get some starting time with Blackmon out, but then after that we're going to be seeing more of a rotation based on situational plays for all but Shorts, Blackmon and Lewis. I feel like it's going to be hard for one guy to really get enough reps to put together 500+ yards.

I'm expecting more like
Shorts - 1150
Blackmon - 750
Lewis - 500

i think 3,000 is possible but not much more

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

I'm expecting more like
Shorts - 1150
Blackmon - 750
Lewis - 500

I'm really optimistic about Tobais Palmer. He'll make the team for his KR skills but maybe he can make some noise at receiver.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

I'm expecting more like
Shorts - 1150
Blackmon - 750
Lewis - 500

That is a little generous, but I could definitely see it. If Gabbert gets the right protection, I definitely could see that happening. I think Blackmon and Shorts would both be 1,000 yard receivers if he was here all year.

I'm not ready to write off Gabbert just yet, let's see what he does with a good O-Line and MJD in the backfield.

#CYPSQUAD
ethan raphael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Mike Brown might be the guy. Following the route of Cecil Shorts from last year. Unimposing athletically, but smart and hard working. He should be a natural for Jedd Fisch's (allegedly) quick strike, playmaker offense. OW type in college, although at a much lower level than Denard Robinson. Played QB, WR, RB, at various time, returned the occasional kick. About the same size as Shorts (5-11, 205).
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
Looks like Mike Brown might be the guy. Following the route of Cecil Shorts from last year. Unimposing athletically, but smart and hard working. He should be a natural for Jedd Fisch's (allegedly) quick strike, playmaker offense. OW type in college, although at a much lower level than Denard Robinson. Played QB, WR, RB, at various time, returned the occasional kick. About the same size as Shorts (5-11, 205).

While Shorts isnt big, his speed/quickness is pretty imposing imo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: