Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy Outlook: Giovani Bernard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Fantasy Outlook: Giovani Bernard Reply with quote

The fantasy football season is creeping upon us, so I generally like to ask the fans of their respective teams what to expect from players on their rosters.

In my opinion, Giovani Bernard is one of the most intriguing RBs in 2013. He's a guy that should go somewhere in the round 6-9 range, but I'm having trouble projecting what he can do in the Bengals offense as a rookie. Quite honestly I've only been able to watch a few Bengals games over the past 2 seasons and from what I've seen they barely used their RBs in the passing game. Maybe that changes in 2013, but I feel like the addition of Eifert and continued growth of the WRs makes it difficult for the team all of a sudden start throwing the ball to RBs on a continuous basis. That said, he was the first RB taken in the draft so I feel like there has to be some sort of plan for him this season.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bernard could be one of the best multi-dimensional backs to come out of this draft, but I wonder if he'll be ready to take a large load from BGE in year one.

What are your thoughts?

New York Sack Exchange Redux
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a touches standpoint, i don't think he'll get more than 8-10/game during the first half the season. For some reason this team has trouble getting the second back involved.

Now, that could change for one reason. It's been a while since they've invested so much into a second half back. We have to go back to Kenny Irons ('07) to find one that was drafted in the second round or earlier. Chris Perry ('04) to find one that actually played.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure he's good for 2200 yards rushing, 1200 yards receiving and 35-40 touchdowns.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I figure he's good for 2200 yards rushing, 1200 yards receiving and 35-40 touchdowns.

Don't insult him like that

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: