Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Overrated/Underrated Players in Broncos Franchise History
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Rich Karlis? Anybody who kicks without a shoe, in snow gets my vote for underrated.

Dennis Smith - a huge hitter who nobody talks about.

Sammie Winder - Mississippi Mud Walk - Enough said

Steve Sewell - Multi-dimensional weapon
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
I think Rod Smith is overrated. I feel like he gets more credit he deserves because he was an UDFA. I've heard arguments of him being a HOF lock and honestly he shouldn't be and probably won't.

I don't know how Elway is considered underrated.

This has to be joke. Honestly, I consider myself quite inline with most of your posts as they are usually unbiased and quite factual, but these two statements confound me. Even if there was some merit to these claims why on earth would anyone in the Broncos forum consider a stance other than the fact that Rod Smith and John Elway are football gods, legends. Rod Smith and John Elway could never be overrated.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
Donut wrote:
I think Rod Smith is overrated. I feel like he gets more credit he deserves because he was an UDFA. I've heard arguments of him being a HOF lock and honestly he shouldn't be and probably won't.

This has to be joke. Honestly, I consider myself quite inline with most of your posts as they are usually unbiased and quite factual, but these two statements confound me. Even if there was some merit to these claims why on earth would anyone in the Broncos forum consider a stance other than the fact that Rod Smith and John Elway are football gods, legends. Rod Smith and John Elway could never be overrated.

They could never be overrated? You contradict yourself because that is a Joke. People have claimed Elway to be the best QB ever and that he is not this making him overrated by those individuals [/b]

Props to Jamison on the sig
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helicopter wrote:
Donut wrote:

People often talk as Elway being GOAT and he isn't Hes a HOFer and deserves it but a lot of talk of him being better than marino, Montana etc and I don't think he is. Rod Smith isn't a hall of fame caliber WR. He'll be in the ring of fame but not the HOF.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
The Helicopter wrote:
Donut wrote:

People often talk as Elway being GOAT and he isn't Hes a HOFer and deserves it but a lot of talk of him being better than marino, Montana etc and I don't think he is. Rod Smith isn't a hall of fame caliber WR. He'll be in the ring of fame but not the HOF.

Yeah I agree with Donut about Rod. He obviously is a great Bronco, but he was never a top five receiver in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
The Helicopter wrote:
Donut wrote:

In your opinion he isn't. I would disagree. I don't think there's ever been a QB that accomplished more with less than Elway.

He's the best I've ever seen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: