Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SHOULD the Dolphins win the division this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13156
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nfl.si.com/2013/07/11/off-the-snap-alfonzo-dennard-reportedly-arrested-for-dui/?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

This doesn't help either...

They better hope Talib stays out of trouble now
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canton


Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 369
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have the best coach and quarterback combination of today and perhaps ever. Still the two best at what they do, and have an arsenal of extremely talented runningbacks of many different styles, one that can receive as good as we've seen since Kevin Faulk, a better and younger version of Wes Welker in Danny Amendola which is actually Wes 2.5. If Julian Edelman stays healthy who knows how good he can be. And two very talented and versatile rookie receivers with physicality, speed, smarts and hands ... not to mention that offensive line and Gronk coming back earlier then expected is a possibility. And with drafting OLB/DE Jamie Collins and Michael Buchanan, adding interrior pash rush help for Wilfork with Tommy Kelly and Armstead, re-signing CB Aqib Talib, very talented CB Ras-I Dowling getting healthy, second year players DE Chandler Jones, Don'ta Hightower, and FS Tavon Wilson possibly rising, moving Devin McCourty to FS where he is very good and signing all-pro SS Adrian Wilson along with signing KR Great Leon Washington and I give Miami no chance to dethrone NE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13156
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton wrote:
They have the best coach and quarterback combination of today and perhaps ever. Still the two best at what they do, and have an arsenal of extremely talented runningbacks of many different styles, one that can receive as good as we've seen since Kevin Faulk, a better and younger version of Wes Welker in Danny Amendola which is actually Wes 2.5. If Julian Edelman stays healthy who knows how good he can be. And two very talented and versatile rookie receivers with physicality, speed, smarts and hands ... not to mention that offensive line and Gronk coming back earlier then expected is a possibility. And with drafting OLB/DE Jamie Collins and Michael Buchanan, adding interrior pash rush help for Wilfork with Tommy Kelly and Armstead, re-signing CB Aqib Talib, very talented CB Ras-I Dowling getting healthy, second year players DE Chandler Jones, Don'ta Hightower, and FS Tavon Wilson possibly rising, moving Devin McCourty to FS where he is very good and signing all-pro SS Adrian Wilson along with signing KR Great Leon Washington and I give Miami no chance to dethrone NE.


You keep drinking that kool aid!

When people start bringing up late round draft picks as reasons for anything in football I know they are smoking crack. You should have stopped after the first 2 sentences. Your argument would have made much more sense. The rest of what you wrote was a fan being a fan.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canton


Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 369
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Canton wrote:
They have the best coach and quarterback combination of today and perhaps ever. Still the two best at what they do, and have an arsenal of extremely talented runningbacks of many different styles, one that can receive as good as we've seen since Kevin Faulk, a better and younger version of Wes Welker in Danny Amendola which is actually Wes 2.5. If Julian Edelman stays healthy who knows how good he can be. And two very talented and versatile rookie receivers with physicality, speed, smarts and hands ... not to mention that offensive line and Gronk coming back earlier then expected is a possibility. And with drafting OLB/DE Jamie Collins and Michael Buchanan, adding interrior pash rush help for Wilfork with Tommy Kelly and Armstead, re-signing CB Aqib Talib, very talented CB Ras-I Dowling getting healthy, second year players DE Chandler Jones, Don'ta Hightower, and FS Tavon Wilson possibly rising, moving Devin McCourty to FS where he is very good and signing all-pro SS Adrian Wilson along with signing KR Great Leon Washington and I give Miami no chance to dethrone NE.


You keep drinking that kool aid!

When people start bringing up late round draft picks as reasons for anything in football I know they are smoking crack. You should have stopped after the first 2 sentences. Your argument would have made much more sense. The rest of what you wrote was a fan being a fan.


Come on, look at the record the last decade, all winning seasons. Just admit it, they know how to draft and bring people in. Plus with our staff its going to be inevitable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12801
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
Canton wrote:
They have the best coach and quarterback combination of today and perhaps ever. Still the two best at what they do, and have an arsenal of extremely talented runningbacks of many different styles, one that can receive as good as we've seen since Kevin Faulk, a better and younger version of Wes Welker in Danny Amendola which is actually Wes 2.5. If Julian Edelman stays healthy who knows how good he can be. And two very talented and versatile rookie receivers with physicality, speed, smarts and hands ... not to mention that offensive line and Gronk coming back earlier then expected is a possibility. And with drafting OLB/DE Jamie Collins and Michael Buchanan, adding interrior pash rush help for Wilfork with Tommy Kelly and Armstead, re-signing CB Aqib Talib, very talented CB Ras-I Dowling getting healthy, second year players DE Chandler Jones, Don'ta Hightower, and FS Tavon Wilson possibly rising, moving Devin McCourty to FS where he is very good and signing all-pro SS Adrian Wilson along with signing KR Great Leon Washington and I give Miami no chance to dethrone NE.


You keep drinking that kool aid!

When people start bringing up late round draft picks as reasons for anything in football I know they are smoking crack. You should have stopped after the first 2 sentences. Your argument would have made much more sense. The rest of what you wrote was a fan being a fan.


Come on, look at the record the last decade, all winning seasons. Just admit it, they know how to draft and bring people in. Plus with our staff its going to be inevitable.


The Patriots have proven to be relatively mediocre at drafting over the last 5 or so years. The single thing that separates the Pats from other teams has been the passing game and that passing game has relied on the stellar play of Tom Brady and at generally two top notch players receiving the ball. Welker + Gronkowski, Moss, Hernandez etc. Now Welker and Hernandez are gone. Gronkowski looks like he is falling apart (the concern on him coming out was injury related) and they have entirely suspect corps of receivers left. Danny Amendola has never been the YAC player that Welker has been, and he has been extremely brittle. He also has not played a down in NE, so he has a new system, a new QB and enormous shoes to fill. Beyond two brittle players in Amendola and Gronk, the Pats have little else that could/should scare most teams. Yes, I believe they will be competitive. As long as Tom Brady is taking snaps in NE they will remain competitive, but I see nothing scary about their passing game currently, and I've never been scared of their running game.
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dolphinmeister


Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 453
Location: Va.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Miami can sweep the Pats this year they win the Division, a split or lose both and Miami is fighting for a wild card.
I honestly think for the first time in a long time that Miami is only one more year away from being an AFC power house team agian.
That Pats are fast aproaching the end of their era as the AFC east power team and it looks as if Miami is poised to take over control in the east in another year or two.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phinsnation84


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 531
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinmeister wrote:
I honestly think for the first time in a long time that Miami is only one more year away from being an AFC power house team agian.


How nice is it that we can talk about this
_________________

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dolphinemidget


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 3781
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
Dolphinmeister wrote:
I honestly think for the first time in a long time that Miami is only one more year away from being an AFC power house team agian.


How nice is it that we can talk about this


Pray

I agree the Pats are not scary, the Bills worry me more, though Tom Brady is great at what he does, he is can only throw the ball someone has to catch it and do something with it. And if he gets hurt, well the Pats will probably be drafting in the top next season.
_________________


Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
93/155 - 902 yards - 6 TD's - 3 INT's - 81.2 Rat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9065
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pats will win the division easily. They may lose one game and it could be against Miami but I expect them to finish 12-4, 11-5 like always and Miami will finish second. People seem to forget the Pats have slowly gone back to a offense similar to when Clock Killing Corey Dillon was toting the rock. They still have that clog in the middle of the defense in Wilfork and young talent around him. I will never pick Miami to win the division until Tanney shows me he is the franchise QB. I have yet to be convinced of that.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y*so*blu


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 203
Location: Valhalla, MN
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're not the favorites, but you will win the division. The Dolphins and Pats will both have winning seasons, but I think you'll sweep them and tip the scales in your favor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phinsnation84


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 531
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y*so*blu wrote:
No, you're not the favorites, but you will win the division. The Dolphins and Pats will both have winning seasons, but I think you'll sweep them and tip the scales in your favor.


Shocked I like this guy lol
_________________

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40068
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On day Ryan Tannehill throws 4 INTS in practice Tom Brady misses only 4 of 48 throws in practice. That's not the path to changing AFC east.


https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/364936502666477568
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12801
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Tom Brady misses only 4 of 48 throws in practice. That's not the path to changing AFC east.


https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/364936502666477568


Sounds like the Patriots Pass Defense might be god awful if Brady is completing that high of a percentage of passes.


So long as teams are playing against themselves we learn nothing. If Tannehill throws picks it could well be that our defense is killing it. As I said, we know nothing until the games start week 1.
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40068
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Tom Brady misses only 4 of 48 throws in practice. That's not the path to changing AFC east.


https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/364936502666477568


Sounds like the Patriots Pass Defense might be god awful if Brady is completing that high of a percentage of passes.


He didn't practice against the Patriots defense. They had a joint practice with the Eagles.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13156
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady just limped off the filed holding his knee he hurt in 2008, and has left the field with the trainer...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group