Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SHOULD the Dolphins win the division this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nfl.si.com/2013/07/11/off-the-snap-alfonzo-dennard-reportedly-arrested-for-dui/?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

This doesn't help either...

They better hope Talib stays out of trouble now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have the best coach and quarterback combination of today and perhaps ever. Still the two best at what they do, and have an arsenal of extremely talented runningbacks of many different styles, one that can receive as good as we've seen since Kevin Faulk, a better and younger version of Wes Welker in Danny Amendola which is actually Wes 2.5. If Julian Edelman stays healthy who knows how good he can be. And two very talented and versatile rookie receivers with physicality, speed, smarts and hands ... not to mention that offensive line and Gronk coming back earlier then expected is a possibility. And with drafting OLB/DE Jamie Collins and Michael Buchanan, adding interrior pash rush help for Wilfork with Tommy Kelly and Armstead, re-signing CB Aqib Talib, very talented CB Ras-I Dowling getting healthy, second year players DE Chandler Jones, Don'ta Hightower, and FS Tavon Wilson possibly rising, moving Devin McCourty to FS where he is very good and signing all-pro SS Adrian Wilson along with signing KR Great Leon Washington and I give Miami no chance to dethrone NE.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton wrote:
They have the best coach and quarterback combination of today and perhaps ever. Still the two best at what they do, and have an arsenal of extremely talented runningbacks of many different styles, one that can receive as good as we've seen since Kevin Faulk, a better and younger version of Wes Welker in Danny Amendola which is actually Wes 2.5. If Julian Edelman stays healthy who knows how good he can be. And two very talented and versatile rookie receivers with physicality, speed, smarts and hands ... not to mention that offensive line and Gronk coming back earlier then expected is a possibility. And with drafting OLB/DE Jamie Collins and Michael Buchanan, adding interrior pash rush help for Wilfork with Tommy Kelly and Armstead, re-signing CB Aqib Talib, very talented CB Ras-I Dowling getting healthy, second year players DE Chandler Jones, Don'ta Hightower, and FS Tavon Wilson possibly rising, moving Devin McCourty to FS where he is very good and signing all-pro SS Adrian Wilson along with signing KR Great Leon Washington and I give Miami no chance to dethrone NE.

You keep drinking that kool aid!

When people start bringing up late round draft picks as reasons for anything in football I know they are smoking crack. You should have stopped after the first 2 sentences. Your argument would have made much more sense. The rest of what you wrote was a fan being a fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Canton wrote:

When people start bringing up late round draft picks as reasons for anything in football I know they are smoking crack. You should have stopped after the first 2 sentences. Your argument would have made much more sense. The rest of what you wrote was a fan being a fan.

Come on, look at the record the last decade, all winning seasons. Just admit it, they know how to draft and bring people in. Plus with our staff its going to be inevitable.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
Canton wrote:

Come on, look at the record the last decade, all winning seasons. Just admit it, they know how to draft and bring people in. Plus with our staff its going to be inevitable.

The Patriots have proven to be relatively mediocre at drafting over the last 5 or so years. The single thing that separates the Pats from other teams has been the passing game and that passing game has relied on the stellar play of Tom Brady and at generally two top notch players receiving the ball. Welker + Gronkowski, Moss, Hernandez etc. Now Welker and Hernandez are gone. Gronkowski looks like he is falling apart (the concern on him coming out was injury related) and they have entirely suspect corps of receivers left. Danny Amendola has never been the YAC player that Welker has been, and he has been extremely brittle. He also has not played a down in NE, so he has a new system, a new QB and enormous shoes to fill. Beyond two brittle players in Amendola and Gronk, the Pats have little else that could/should scare most teams. Yes, I believe they will be competitive. As long as Tom Brady is taking snaps in NE they will remain competitive, but I see nothing scary about their passing game currently, and I've never been scared of their running game.
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Miami can sweep the Pats this year they win the Division, a split or lose both and Miami is fighting for a wild card.
I honestly think for the first time in a long time that Miami is only one more year away from being an AFC power house team agian.
That Pats are fast aproaching the end of their era as the AFC east power team and it looks as if Miami is poised to take over control in the east in another year or two.
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinmeister wrote:
I honestly think for the first time in a long time that Miami is only one more year away from being an AFC power house team agian.

How nice is it that we can talk about this

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
Dolphinmeister wrote:

How nice is it that we can talk about this

Pray

I agree the Pats are not scary, the Bills worry me more, though Tom Brady is great at what he does, he is can only throw the ball someone has to catch it and do something with it. And if he gets hurt, well the Pats will probably be drafting in the top next season.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
93/155 - 902 yards - 6 TD's - 3 INT's - 81.2 Rat
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pats will win the division easily. They may lose one game and it could be against Miami but I expect them to finish 12-4, 11-5 like always and Miami will finish second. People seem to forget the Pats have slowly gone back to a offense similar to when Clock Killing Corey Dillon was toting the rock. They still have that clog in the middle of the defense in Wilfork and young talent around him. I will never pick Miami to win the division until Tanney shows me he is the franchise QB. I have yet to be convinced of that.
y*so*blu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're not the favorites, but you will win the division. The Dolphins and Pats will both have winning seasons, but I think you'll sweep them and tip the scales in your favor.
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y*so*blu wrote:
No, you're not the favorites, but you will win the division. The Dolphins and Pats will both have winning seasons, but I think you'll sweep them and tip the scales in your favor.

Shocked I like this guy lol

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On day Ryan Tannehill throws 4 INTS in practice Tom Brady misses only 4 of 48 throws in practice. That's not the path to changing AFC east.

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/364936502666477568
Tom Brady Tribute
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Tom Brady misses only 4 of 48 throws in practice. That's not the path to changing AFC east.

Sounds like the Patriots Pass Defense might be god awful if Brady is completing that high of a percentage of passes.

So long as teams are playing against themselves we learn nothing. If Tannehill throws picks it could well be that our defense is killing it. As I said, we know nothing until the games start week 1.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Tom Brady misses only 4 of 48 throws in practice. That's not the path to changing AFC east.

Sounds like the Patriots Pass Defense might be god awful if Brady is completing that high of a percentage of passes.

He didn't practice against the Patriots defense. They had a joint practice with the Eagles.
Tom Brady Tribute
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady just limped off the filed holding his knee he hurt in 2008, and has left the field with the trainer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: