Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What WRs are available?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a chance in hell Blackmon becomes available. Unless, of course, he commits some serious crime and in that case, nobody will want him. But the Jags aren't going to part ways with a top 5 pick just a year ago, especially one that just had 865 yards and 5 TDs as a rookie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Not a chance in hell Blackmon becomes available. Unless, of course, he commits some serious crime and in that case, nobody will want him. But the Jags aren't going to part ways with a top 5 pick just a year ago, especially one that just had 865 yards and 5 TDs as a rookie.

I'm not saying it will happen, but a Blackmon trade has been credibly speculated on:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/30/blackmons-contract-makes-him-vulnerable
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing Florio cited was the was Blackmon's contract is structured. No real basis for Blackmon to actually become available.
RayBringsPain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
gooselovechild wrote:
Keep an eye on Sidney Rice up in Seattle.

He makes too much to trade for him, but with the investment the Seahawks made in Harvin, he could be a camp casualty.

But frankly, if we can't get somebody who is a true starter, I'd prefer to just play it out with what we have and get the TEs and Juice more involved in the passing game.

Doubtful. If anyone is a camp casualty from Seattle it's likely going to be Doug Baldwin, who I think is a very good WR. Sidney Rice is still the 2nd best WR on that team and Golden Tate forming a very solid trio is something that team needs. Doug Baldwin could VERY easily be lured away from Seattle because, quite frankly, he's too talented to be a #4 WR in this league.

Baldwin actually seems like a good fit for the Ravens. If we're going to pursue a receiver, I'd want it to be a slot guy, not another outside receiver/burner.

Rice has a 9.7 mil cap number this year. If the Seahawks decide to cut one of their top guys, which I doubt they will, Rice is the logical choice.
Baldwin isn't going anywhere.

I say lean on the TE's more and see what we have in Doss/Streeter/Williams/Reed/Mellette.

Jones has a 4.9 cap number...that needs fixed.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Austin Collie is another guy I could see us making a play at.

As a BYU fan and with the Ravens being number 3 on my list, i would love to see Collie go to the Ravens. He will be reunited with Caldwell and i think he would be a good fit!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: