Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.O.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: T.O. Reply with quote

i heard hs getting fined until he comes and after awhile he loses his signing bonus
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was fined $24,000 for not showing without medical or coaches pardons. Also if T.O. does not show up for either a mandatory camp June 1st or training camp I forget which one, he is getting fined $1.7 million hopefully that motivates him to play.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
SIERK

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They definitely have the right to fine him, but I don't think they've done so yet.

As bad as the situation appears, management fining TO would probably make matters worse.

Honestly, I can't believe how TO has killed his market value again. His market value sucked before last season because nobody wanted the headache. He went a whole year as very nearly a model citizen, culminating in an amazing recovery to play in the Super Bowl.

Now, in the matter of a couple months, he's pissed off one of the most well respected younger quarterbacks in the league, pissed off the Eagles management, fired his agent who was up until then supposedly one of his closest friends, and showed the entire league that even being an ideal offense for him on a Super Bowl team wasn't enough to keep him happy.

If he went on the open market right now, I'm not sure he'd get any better of a deal than he has now. What team wants the headache?
weseverett

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Fine him, get whatever you can, and cut him Reply with quote

TO has overplayed his hand. Certainly don't know the terms of his contract, but the Eagles should extract whatever fines and recovery of signing bonus out of him and then cut him.

The Eagles made it to the Super Bowl without him, and he has so alienated everybody, let him go. He is not worth the headache.
Brickhouse

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the eagles sit back on there [inappropriate/removed] and do nothing to try and get t.o. back on the field. if he wants to not fulfill his contract, then that is his own fault. i love t.o., but if he doesnt want to play, well thats fine with me. put in one of the young guys who wants to play.
zteutsch

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the eagles fron office is wise to keep any fining they are doing out of the media. the less TO feels like they are out to get him the less liekly he will get defensive. we don't want him to dig in his heels or everyone will [inappropriate/removed], prisoner's dilemma style.
ideally we can agree to a minor resturcturing which lets him save face. if he can't save face everyone loses. at this point its a pissing contest.
problem for the front office is that if they appear to cave then other guys will try to renegotiate.
that's why the renegotiation has to be value neutral to the eagles.

as for getting to the SB without him. Sure we did, but are you really comapring the Packers and VIkings with the Pats. We will be hard pressed to come close with them unless TO shows up to play in the SB again next year. We don't need him to get there, but it sure would be nice.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid should fine him. T.O. is a great football player but a terrible teammate. He is a cancer. McNabb didn't need T.O. to beat the best teams in the NFC. I say we give him the Mitch Williams treatment... then kick his @ss outta Philly.
ok go26

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Fine him, get whatever you can, and cut him Reply with quote

weseverett wrote:
TO has overplayed his hand. Certainly don't know the terms of his contract, but the Eagles should extract whatever fines and recovery of signing bonus out of him and then cut him.

The Eagles made it to the Super Bowl without him, and he has so alienated everybody, let him go. He is not worth the headache.

he still was a huge upgrade to our offense, i def dont think we cut him
but yeah i do think we wait this out

we have him for a crazy long contract... can we make him sit there unpaid for however many years it takes him to play?

w/e hopefully by now he'll realize that we're not gonna renegotiate and comes back before the fines start hitting him too hard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: