Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Future: Martellus Bennett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Predict the Future: Martellus Bennett Reply with quote

I am expecting a very solid season from Bennett and growth from last season with the Giants.

He seems to have matured and that is what I think kept him from being successful in Dallas his attitude and focus seemed to be off.

He is surrounded by a strong professional locker room. There is a reason he did so well with the Giants last season he was in a professional locker room with strong leadership and good players. It already seems that Marshall has taken him under his wing and add that to the guys already in the locker room and we have a similar situation.

Jay has ways liked the TE he liked Scheffler in Denver and Olsen here and physically Bennett is better than both of those guys. I think Jay is starved of a TE worth passing too and now he has it.

I don't know if his stats will be special but I think he will have a significant impact on the offense.
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bennett and Forte have bonded as well. I always seen on my facebook that the worked out togeather lots in the off season.

Ill addmit when his name was broght up last year my responce was "he talks to much". Well he backed it up in NY last year after getting his shot.

I think he is in for a good year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was also behind Witten in DAL, who was going to dominate most of the snaps from anyone not called Tony Gonzales. His immaturity at that point probably made that fact quite demoralizing, compounding his lack of effectiveness.

62 receptions, 608 yards (9.8 average) and 8 TDs. Best of all **1 drop all year on a catchable passes!!**

He makes Jay have an easy hot read and becomes an immediate blocking threat that moves all around the field to get Forte to the edge

Next year I'm adopting all the NFC North rivals

Thanks to chisoxguy7 for the awesome sig!
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Bennett as a massive part of this offence…Trestman’s scheme clearly is going to value the middle of the field which will have plays specifically designed to get Bennett open…you then look at where Aaron Kromer has come from where Jimmy Graham is used in a variety of ways and it’s easy to see how we could use a guy with a similar skill set…I expect him to be 2nd on the team in receptions and TDs and 3rd on the team in yards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: