Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CEO Mike Dee leaving for the SD Padres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: CEO Mike Dee leaving for the SD Padres Reply with quote

Quote:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/17/3504560/miami-dolphins-ceo-mike-dee-leaving.html

This was the guy in charge of the stadium upgrades, new uniforms, and Miami Dolphin events. I honestly haven't had anything bad to say about him but hopefully the new guy can do more to bring the team back into the Miami spotlight.

Last edited by WaterBear56 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good riddance. After the embarrassment he drug this organization through over the offseason with the logo and uniform "reveals" that were both busted up and leaked because he tried to milk them into money making ordeals, glad to see him leave.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
patdt13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Good riddance. After the embarrassment he drug this organization through over the offseason with the logo and uniform "reveals" that were both busted up and leaked because he tried to milk them into money making ordeals, glad to see him leave.

Hater

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

Hater

How about the decision to sell Jets/Bills/Patriots apparel in the pro shop at the stadium? Was THAT a good idea?

Warpticon wrote:
patdt13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

Hater

How about the decision to sell Jets/Bills/Patriots apparel in the pro shop at the stadium? Was THAT a good idea?

Does it make money?

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he responsible for the Tim Tebow thing a couple of seasons ago?
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Was he responsible for the Tim Tebow thing a couple of seasons ago?

The Florida Gator National Champions day when Denver played in Miami? Yes. He was.

Warpticon wrote:
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

Hater

Does it make money?

I'm all for making money but you have to protect the integrity of your product. And selling rival apparel to make some quick coin only encourages alien fan bases to come into your stadium and take away home field advantage. I guess you're pro Dee because he used to be on the Red Sox staff but I can't see how you can look at ANYTHING he did for the Miami Dolphins on the last 4 years and say "Yeah, he did a good job with that."

Warpticon wrote:
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it probably was denied or will be denied, I have to think the failed public funding for upgrades to the stadium is the reason for his departure.

It also hasn't helped that attendance has been dropping and corporate tie ins have been lagging.

As far as any accomplishments not really much except for making closer ties to the city of Miami and various events in Dade county. Hard to judge him overall with all the football decisions taken from the typical CEO position and given to the GM within the Dolphins organization.

Since Mr. Ross is looking at the financials he probably believed Mike Dees performance was lacking on the business side. The result being Mike Dee given the out of "find another job before we fire you."

I have to wonder if these clowns realize the correlation between field performance and revenues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: