Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Future: Corey Wootton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Predict the Future: Corey Wootton Reply with quote

I think Wootton was finally over the knee injury from college last season and I saw a burst I did not see from him before. I always new he was a big, powerful guy but I saw speed last season that made him and impact player.

I think he will have a very strong year for the Bears with teams still needing to focus on Peppers and Melton I like the matchup of Wootton 1 on 1 with RTs.

If he is healthy I expect Wootton to have low double digit sacks 11-12 and to play the run well.

He will be one of the young defensive players we pay with the money we save cutting Peppers. We will save about 13 million which I think we reinvest in players like Wootton and Major Wright.

4 years 26 million/12 guaranteed
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the first round talent that he displayed his junior year for the first time since he's been a Bear last year. But I need to see it again. If he becomes a double digit sack guy, then the Bears may have the best DL in all of football next year.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Wootton it’s a case of staying healthy…if he can and goes into next year with confidence the sky is the limit for him.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prediction:

does decent and finishes out his contract. Bears release him. Gets picked up by Tampa. Becomes superstar...

just like many other Chicago athletes that flourish once they leave here lol

ok a little too pessimistic, I think he has great potential and skills and has a very high ceiling. If he doesn't have 10 sacks this season I would be a little surprised/disappointed

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has a good season at 8-9 sacks and a lot of QB pressures. The big plus is he becomes a stalwart run defender. I expect Shea to step up enough that he may steal a sack or two from Wooten when they both rush together, especially if they use Pep, Melton, Wooten, Shea on the line for the nickel, giving Wooten Izzy's role.

I don't think he will make more than what we gave Martellus Bennett. I actually am leaning more towards what Earl Bennett made, so about 5 years and $19 million, with $10 million guaranteed.

1- Harbaugh
2- Bowles
3- Quinn
4- Del Rio
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
...giving Wooten Izzy's role.

This. If he can stay healthy he could be an average to slightly above-average LDE.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
I think he has a good season at 8-9 sacks and a lot of QB pressures. The big plus is he becomes a stalwart run defender. I expect Shea to step up enough that he may steal a sack or two from Wooten when they both rush together, especially if they use Pep, Melton, Wooten, Shea on the line for the nickel, giving Wooten Izzy's role.

I don't think he will make more than what we gave Martellus Bennett. I actually am leaning more towards what Earl Bennett made, so about 5 years and $19 million, with $10 million guaranteed.
If Wootton becomes a double digit sack guy, he's going to break the bank as Julius Pepper's replacement.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:

If Wootton becomes a double digit sack guy, he's going to break the bank as Julius Pepper's replacement.

If he does hit double digits I could see him getting something like Carlos Dunlap just got from the Bengals…6 years $40 million.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:

If he does hit double digits I could see him getting something like Carlos Dunlap just got from the Bengals…6 years $40 million.
Yeah if he hits double digits a year after getting 8 sacks as a rotational player/part time starter, Carlos Dunlap deal is probably good framework to use.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:

Yeah if he hits double digits a year after getting 8 sacks as a rotational player/part time starter, Carlos Dunlap deal is probably good framework to use.

I'd be fine with that for sure if he hits 8+ sacks again.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:

I just looked at his contract. Dunlap really has ZERO guaranteed? Wow. Or is that a misprint? (spotac)

Just asking, but if he and Melton perform about the same who would you all rather have paid the bigger contract?

1- Harbaugh
2- Bowles
3- Quinn
4- Del Rio
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:

I just looked at his contract. Dunlap really has ZERO guaranteed? Wow. Or is that a misprint? (spotac)

Just asking, but if he and Melton perform about the same who would you all rather have paid the bigger contract?
No they just don't have the contract details yet on spotrac. He is set to earn $20M in the first 2 years of the deal, which is essentially guaranteed money.

As for the answer to your question, I'm all for paying both their market value. Melton's market value is going to be much more difficult to determine. With Atkins still on his rookie deal, if the Bengals can extend him before FA then that sets up the framework for the potential Melton deal, as Melton's deal should be somewhere between Atkins and Suh's deals. W/o an Atkins deal, Melton's agent's position is that Melton should be paid more than Suh, the question is how much more than Suh. If I had to guess I'd say they were looking for something around $8M per. But Atkins deal can change that. As one of the top 3 or 4 DTs in the league, Melton deserves to get paid.

With Wootton its not as complicated nor as expensive. Wootton showed the reason why he was considered a first round lock as junior at NW. However he only has 1 year of that production. As AZ put it in another thread, Wootton just gets more expensive as the weeks roll by.

SLCbear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Wooten can stay healthy, he will at very least be a rich man's Isreal Idonije. He can be effective inside and outside.
Can he stay healthy????
thebeast15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLCbear wrote:
If Wooten can stay healthy, he will at very least be a rich man's Isreal Idonije. He can be effective inside and outside.
Can he stay healthy????

We hope.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: