Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Byrd for Brendan Albert?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Trade Byrd for Brendan Albert? Reply with quote

Since Brendan Albert is no longer in the Chiefs plans, would you consider trading Jairus Byrd for him?

This posted on the Chiefs post as well, if curious.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. OT isn't much of a need and Byrd is just better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Yes. This. Also, high profile players don't get traded for each other straight up in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

Is Cordy Glenn a long term solution at LT or just a guy who fared well there for one year?

In the meantime, is there reason to truly believe the Bills will sign Byrd long term?

If the answer to both is "no" the deal makes a lot of sense for the Bills, presuming they would sign Albert long term. Is Albert-Glenn not a much better combo than Glenn and Eric Pears (RT) or Doug Legursky (LG)?
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Is Cordy Glenn a long term solution at LT or just a guy who fared well there for one year?

In the meantime, is there reason to truly believe the Bills will sign Byrd long term?

If the answer to both is "no" the deal makes a lot of sense for the Bills, presuming they would sign Albert long term. Is Albert-Glenn not a much better combo than Glenn and Eric Pears (RT) or Doug Legursky (LG)?

one of the few player for player trades that would work, but either team is taking a chance. Neither player can sign a long term contract with the team they get traded to, so you would need both sides to have a lot of faith that they would resign after the season or it is just a one year rental for a one year rental.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Of course Glenn is the future at LT. He proved a lot of people wrong. At RT, Pears is a decent starter and we have Hairston in the waitings. Trade or no trade we will still be in the same position were we will have to sign a player to a long term deal at the end of the season.

Can we still tag Byrd next year?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Mongo wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Of course Glenn is the future at LT. He proved a lot of people wrong. At RT, Pears is a decent starter and we have Hairston in the waitings. Trade or no trade we will still be in the same position were we will have to sign a player to a long term deal at the end of the season.

I believe we can tag Bryd again, but then we pay something like 120% of his contract. I believe it is something like that. Anyone know for sure?

As for the OP. No I don't want Albert.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Mongo wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I believe we can tag Bryd again, but then we pay something like 120% of his contract. I believe it is something like that. Anyone know for sure?

As for the OP. No I don't want Albert.

Yes we can keep tagging him

2nd year = 120% of 1st year tag
3rd year = 144% of 2nd year tag

ie/

tag this year year = $6.9 mil
tag next year = $8.28 mil
tag 2014 = $11.9 mil

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: