Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Lions release Jahvid Best

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: The Lions release Jahvid Best Reply with quote

Detroit Lions announce that they have released RB Jahvid Best

Quote:

Allen Park, Mich.— The Detroit Lions announced today that they have released RB Jahvid Best.

RB Jahvid Best
Best played in 22 games (15 starts) for the Lions after being drafted by the team in the first round (30th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He saw action in all 16 games as a rookie in 2010, but was limited to only six games in 2011. Best was placed on Physically Unable to Perform on August 27, 2012 and missed the duration of the 2012 season.

“Jahvid is as fine a person and professional as I have ever worked with,” Lions Executive Vice-President of Football Operations and General Manager Martin Mayhew said. “He was the consummate teammate and always did everything asked of him. We wish Jahvid the very best in all his future endeavors and have no doubt that he will be successful in whatever path he chooses.”

“I want to thank the Detroit Lions organization for drafting me and giving me an opportunity to fulfill my dream and play in the National Football League,” Best said. “My time as a member of the Lions was a very special time in my life. My teammates, the members of the organization, the Lions fans and the people of Detroit will hold a special place in my heart. I’ll always be a Lion.”

Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see a young man, especially a humble young man, like Jahvid having to step away from what he loves. Best of luck to you in everything you attempt.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's so classy. I just hope the organization doesn't treat him like they supposedly treated Zack Follett after his release.
X_Factor_40

ManeLine posted his thread first so I'm going to lock mine. We can move the discussion over there.
Nnivolcm

I remember hearing a theory as to why we held onto him for so long when most of us knew he'd never play again. the theory was that if he was on the roster long enough he'd be a vested veteran and could get health insurance through the nfl. seems like an odd time to release him if that's what they have been trying to do.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: