Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Sign Clady to 5-year Contract
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Despite our cap room as 67 has laid it out, and no matter Decker's wife having roots here (?), I think Decker's gone after this season. Especially if we win it all this year. He's a very good No. 2/boarderline No. 1 and I can see teams like the Giants (see Nicks situation), Cowboys (see Austin's decline), Chargers (McCoy and their shaky WR situation) or Ravens (void left after Boldin departure) bidding for his service. Add the factor that a mid sized market like Denver might not be enough for a budding country star.

Yea I think his wife's career is the one thing that would most push Decker to move out of Denver. Making San Diego (LA proximity) or New York a home base would be a career move that best suits her interests, hell maybe Tennessee since country is her thing. They did build their dream house in Colorado though.

Decker is also a Minnesota native, and across all sports high level free agents from Minnesota have shown a willingness, maybe even an eagerness to return. Recent examples include Joe Mauer staying with the Twins, and Ryan Suter and Zach Parise going home to play for the Wild (although Suter is Wisconsin).

We also need to consider the market at the position in their free agent years.

In Decker's case, what other receivers have expiring contracts at the end of the year? If Hakeem Nicks has a healthy year he's number 1 in the class, then it's probably Decker followed by Jeremy Maclin, Emmanuel Sanders, Danario Alexander, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams, Golden Tate, Brandon LaFell, and Anquan Boldin to name a few. If some of these guys like Mike Williams, Britt, Alexander and Maclin all have the type of year they're capable of the dept in the market may drive down Decker's price, as there won't be reason to shell out so much when there is this much depth to a WR class.

On the other end, if Beadles is the top guard on the market, I think we can kiss him goodbye. What'd LeVitre pull in as the too guard on the market $17m more than Vasquez who was #2?

Having phenomenal drafts is great, but we're approaching the consequence of great drafts, which is having no way to bring them ALL back. Just think about this, we're worried about who we'll lose from a MCDANIELS class hitting free agency. Just wait til we have to start dealing with signing Elway's draft picks, who so far are panning out at a high rate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Bailey might retire if we win the superbowl.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

Champ has 2 years left on his contract - '13 and '14 - and I expect that if we win a Super Bowl in either of the next two years, he hangs 'em up at the end of his current deal.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Champ has 2 years left on his contract - '13 and '14 - and I expect that if we win a Super Bowl in either of the next two years, he hangs 'em up at the end of his current deal.

"This one's for Champ"
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
After the Clady deal, the Broncos have $7.4M of cap room this year and are less than $5 million next year.

http://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/statuses/357183100469522432
Tom Brady Tribute
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
After the Clady deal, the Broncos have $7.4M of cap room this year and are less than $5 million next year.

Dude, I understand Lawrence's personality makes her very attractive. Same with Natalie Portman, my favorite female celebrity. But your almost daily avatar changing + the tribute thread + the sig... Unless you live in Biloxi, MS, you might want to take a look at your local babes. Just a heads-up from a slightly creeped out member.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Dude, I understand Lawrence's personality makes her very attractive. Same with Natalie Portman, my favorite female celebrity. But your almost daily avatar changing + the tribute thread + the sig... Unless you live in Biloxi, MS, you might want to take a look at your local babes. Just a heads-up from a slightly creeped out member.

I actually don't change my avatar at all, it changes by itself because it's on rotation, refresh the page and see for yourself.

And come on, it's not creepy, i just think about her all the time, all day long. When i close my eyes i see her, i check on news about her on daily bases, check almost every interview with her and read every article about her. Watch every movie she made and have a rotating background of her wallpapers on my desktop... that's all, what's creepy about that?

But hmm seriously, 90% of the members of this forum [any forum really] have an avatar/sig with someone famous on it, rather it be a celebrity or an athlete including some with famous actresses, why am i so different? Laughing [and if i am, it can't be by that much]
Tom Brady Tribute
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

I actually don't change my avatar at all, it changes by itself because it's on rotation, refresh the page and see for yourself.

And come on, it's not creepy, i just think about her all the time, all day long. When i close my eyes i see her, i check on news about her on daily bases, check almost every interview with her and read every article about her. Watch every movie she made and have a rotating background of her wallpapers on my desktop... that's all, what's creepy about that?

But hmm seriously, 90% of the members of this forum [any forum really] have an avatar/sig with someone famous on it, rather it be a celebrity or an athlete including some with famous actresses, why am i so different? Laughing [and if i am, it can't be by that much]

What makes your case look somewhat peculiar is the fact that guys actually can be as seemingly obsessed with a woman as you appear to be now, although that's generally during puberty. For me, it was Britney btw. Wink As someone well versed in post- feminist theory, all I am saying is that men tend to either idealize, objectify or demonize women. None of that is bound to reality.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

Thats awesome. Care to tell how?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany - there's really no reason to bring up Billy's avatar/sig/quotes/etc in this thead. If you something to say to a member that isn't football related, use the Private Message option.

Let's get this thread back on the subject of Clady's contract.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody else notice that we only gave Clady 15 mil in guaranteed money , not 30 mil as originally reported? If this is true I feel Denver's FO did a really good job with this new contract.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
Did anybody else notice that we only gave Clady 15 mil in guaranteed money , not 30 mil as originally reported? If this is true I feel Denver's FO did a really good job with this new contract.

I don't know where you get that from because pretty much every reliable sources says 33 millions guaranteed.

Quote:
BREAKING: Broncos and LT Ryan Clady have agreed to 5 year, $57.5 million contract, including $33 million guaranteed.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/statuses/356573784150523905

Quote:
7/14/2013: Signed a five-year, $52.5 million contract. The deal contains $33 million guaranteed -- a $3 million signing bonus, $10.5 million first-year roster bonus, and each of Clady's 2013-2015 base salaries.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4616/ryan-clady

player under the franchise tag, as Clady was.

Quote:
As previously reported by Breer, Clady will receive $33 million in guaranteed money in the first three years of the deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217725/article/ryan-clady-broncos-agree-to-fiveyear-525m-deal
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
BroncsDominate wrote:

I don't know where you get that from because pretty much every reliable sources says 33 millions guaranteed.

Quote:
BREAKING: Broncos and LT Ryan Clady have agreed to 5 year, $57.5 million contract, including $33 million guaranteed.

Quote:
7/14/2013: Signed a five-year, $52.5 million contract. The deal contains $33 million guaranteed -- a $3 million signing bonus, $10.5 million first-year roster bonus, and each of Clady's 2013-2015 base salaries.

Quote:
As previously reported by Breer, Clady will receive $33 million in guaranteed money in the first three years of the deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000217725/article/ryan-clady-broncos-agree-to-fiveyear-525m-deal

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/ryan-clady/

Look at the guaranteed section. If I am understanding it correctly the max that is guaranteed is 18 mil and that is for injury (2013/14 base +2015 roster bonus).
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
BroncsDominate wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/ryan-clady/

Look at the guaranteed section
His first three years base salary is also guaranteed. It is basically a three year 33 million dollar deal. The guaranteed portion in the site you are referencing is only accounting for bonus guarantees. He may not see the back end of the deal with 20 million in base salary over the last two years of the deal. Unless of course he is still playing at a high level.

It was a fair deal. The Broncos gave him a good chunk of change up front. A bold move considering his offseason injury history. It will be nice to have Clady while transitioning to a new QB in a couple years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: