Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Thoughts on this Upcoming Season for the NFC West
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as sold on the defense as most of you guys are. I thought Janoris Jenkins was pretty good for a rookie, but he needs to step his game up a good deal. His coverage was pretty bad at times. I'm also not sold on our safety situation at all. The front seven looks good, but I need to see more from Michael Brockers and Alec Olgetree is only a rookie.

The potential for the defense being really good is there, but I need to see it all come together on the field first.

As far as the offense goes, I need to see what kind of production I'm going to get from the RB spot all season long. Is Sam Bradford actually going to have a really good season or continue to be mediocre? How will guys like Brian Quick, Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey transition into this offense?

Once again, the potential is there, but I need to see some production from all these guys. Way too many questions need to be answered. Then you factor in the two best teams in the entire conference play in our division... No way I see the playoffs for us this season.

I can see anywhere from a 5-11 record to a 8-8 record.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I'm not as sold on the defense as most of you guys are. I thought Janoris Jenkins was pretty good for a rookie, but he needs to step his game up a good deal. His coverage was pretty bad at times. I'm also not sold on our safety situation at all. The front seven looks good, but I need to see more from Michael Brockers and Alec Olgetree is only a rookie.

The potential for the defense being really good is there, but I need to see it all come together on the field first.

As far as the offense goes, I need to see what kind of production I'm going to get from the RB spot all season long. Is Sam Bradford actually going to have a really good season or continue to be mediocre? How will guys like Brian Quick, Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey transition into this offense?

Once again, the potential is there, but I need to see some production from all these guys. Way too many questions need to be answered. Then you factor in the two best teams in the entire conference play in our division... No way I see the playoffs for us this season.

I'm not convinced that they are the two best teams in the conference, but they're certainly the most hyped. Though I'll admit, San Fran deserves credit for winning the conference, and Seattle deserves credit for receiving so many suspensions.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets squash Seattle..

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
jdhommert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

I'll agree with you on Jenkins and our safeties, but I was very pleased with Brockers. Obviously I want to see him grow and blah blah, but considering he missed the first 4 games and still got 4 sacks as a "run stuffing" DT....I wouldn't say he "needs to show me more" I am also slightly worried about our RB core after watching what SJ39 did in rewatching some games from last year. I do think Pead will be a stud, but it's going to be damn tough to replace what SJ39 brought us.

I agree we probably don't make the playoffs (by 1 win) but 5 wins? Really? No chance of a winning record when we went 7-8-1, and only lost 1 division game to a team that scored 50 points each of their last 3 games that hasn't been done since the 60's....We played them damn good and almost won the game. Then we....
Added: Cook, Long, Austin, Ogletree, McDonald, Bailey, Jones, Stacey
Lost: Craig Dahl Laughing
Bradfords 2nd year in a system for the 1st time, Quick might contribute some, Givens was really coming into his own as a WR, Quinns 2nd year as a starter, we'll have a DC...

No chance of a winning record??
Rams4Life523

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget Janoris Jenkins was asked to cover some of the best WRs in the league at times. He didn't do too shabby for a rookie.
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdhommert wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I'll agree with you on Jenkins and our safeties, but I was very pleased with Brockers. Obviously I want to see him grow and blah blah, but considering he missed the first 4 games and still got 4 sacks as a "run stuffing" DT....I wouldn't say he "needs to show me more" I am also slightly worried about our RB core after watching what SJ39 did in rewatching some games from last year. I do think Pead will be a stud, but it's going to be damn tough to replace what SJ39 brought us.

I agree we probably don't make the playoffs (by 1 win) but 5 wins? Really? No chance of a winning record when we went 7-8-1, and only lost 1 division game to a team that scored 50 points each of their last 3 games that hasn't been done since the 60's....We played them damn good and almost won the game. Then we....
Added: Cook, Long, Austin, Ogletree, McDonald, Bailey, Jones, Stacey
Lost: Craig Dahl Laughing
Bradfords 2nd year in a system for the 1st time, Quick might contribute some, Givens was really coming into his own as a WR, Quinns 2nd year as a starter, we'll have a DC...

No chance of a winning record??

I think you're leaving out Jackson and Amendola, two of our most productive offensive players.

That being said, I am optimistic about the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we make the playoffs, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see us miss it.

^El Ramster^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: