Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats release Aaron Hernandez following arrest [Page 32]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:

Steelers Maurkice Pouncey and Dolphins Mike Pouncey are wearing "Free Hernandez" hats.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/14/pouncey-twins-show-their-support-for-hernandez/
Rolling Eyes

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Steelers Maurkice Pouncey and Dolphins Mike Pouncey are wearing "Free Hernandez" hats.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/14/pouncey-twins-show-their-support-for-hernandez/
Rolling Eyes

Faith in humanity reaching absolute zero...

Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two dopes.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL Hall Of Fame removed a photo of Aaron Hernandez from a 2010 game against the Packers.

Quote:
According to the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, the folks at Canton decided to get rid of an award-winning picture of Hernandez high-stepping into the end zone against the Packers during a 2010 game (seen above).

“In the spirit of good taste we thought we’d take it down,” Joe Horrigan, the hall’s VP of communication and exhibits, said.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/07/hall-of-fame-removes-a-photo-of-aaron-hernandez/

Tom Brady Tribute
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Guaranteed they have idea what the entire Hern situation is or even care for that matter....they are most likely doing it to get attention.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:

Guaranteed they have idea what the entire Hern situation is or even care for that matter....they are most likely doing it to get attention.

Considering they went to college with him and played alongside him, I'd guess they have some interest in the situation. They might even be friends of his.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

Considering they went to college with him and played alongside him, I'd guess they have some interest in the situation. They might even be friends of his.

I know they knew him....but I highly doubt they have gone through the process of really looking into what has surfaced since his arrest, all of the evidence that is overwhelmingly against him.

It's just stupid to publicly support someone like that, especially when the league you play for has been trying their best to separate their name from Hernandez's case as much as possible.

You don't need to wear a hat that is obviously ill advised to show your support. There are a number of other ways they could have done it without looking like idiots.

I think they did it because they knew it would cause a stir...not for any other benefit, because there is no true benefit from wearing those hats that will help Hernandez in this situation.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

He also lived with them for a year and one of them [i forgot which brother] said Aaron is his best friend.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

I know they knew him....but I highly doubt they have gone through the process of really looking into what has surfaced since his arrest, all of the evidence that is overwhelmingly against him.

It's just stupid to publicly support someone like that, especially when the league you play for has been trying their best to separate their name from Hernandez's case as much as possible.

You don't need to wear a hat that is obviously ill advised to show your support. There are a number of other ways they could have done it without looking like idiots.

I think they did it because they knew it would cause a stir...not for any other benefit, because there is no true benefit from wearing those hats that will help Hernandez in this situation.

I think you're completely overthinking this.

I'm guessing their entire thought process was "yo, Hernandez is our homie, let's support him"

People who wear slogans on their hats/shirts don't usually expect that they're going to "help" the situation. They just like to draw attention to themselves and their beliefs.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

I think you're completely overthinking this.

I'm guessing their entire thought process was "yo, Hernandez is our homie, let's support him"

People who wear slogans on their hats/shirts don't usually expect that they're going to "help" the situation. They just like to draw attention to themselves and their beliefs.

Pretty much what I was trying to say, just worded it differently/wrong I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ortiz is viewed as a “rat” in his neighborhood

“Everybody knows that Charlie told,” Ortiz’s cousin, Jose “Ito” Torres said. “He’s been labeled a rat. He’s done. He’s done. You’re going to have another breaking news [story] on TV.”

The thinking in the neighborhood is that Ortiz should not have cooperated with police.

“That’s Aaron Hernandez,” local resident Amber Schryer said. “You tell the police you don’t know anything.”

“That’s my cousin and I love him,” Torres said. ”But he got caught up with the wrong people and they used him. If he thinks you’re his friend, he’s going to go all out for you. He has a good heart, but he’s not very smart.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/14/ortiz-is-viewed-as-a-rat-in-his-neighborhood/
Tom Brady Tribute
finn54

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at this point, this thread isn't really patriots related anymore. The latest updates on this thread have been: Ortiz is viewed "as a rat", the Pouncey twins are wearing Hernandez hats, and Hernandez's picture was taken down in the HOF. Hernandez stuff can just go in the NFL News thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with finn.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finn54 wrote:
I think at this point, this thread isn't really patriots related anymore. The latest updates on this thread have been: Ortiz is viewed "as a rat", the Pouncey twins are wearing Hernandez hats, and Hernandez's picture was taken down in the HOF. Hernandez stuff can just go in the NFL News thread.

Did you mean to lock this? Pretty sure it wouldn't be the first time you said you would lock something and then didn't Laughing
finn54

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
finn54 wrote:

Did you mean to lock this? Pretty sure it wouldn't be the first time you said you would lock something and then didn't Laughing

I was gonna leave it open, but now I'll lock it. Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37

Jump to: