Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Down The Tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patsfan25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Down The Tracks Reply with quote

Bro, it's boring as hell. I'm suffering a post-pre-football drag with all this nothing that is going on in the football world. So it got me to thinking, who can you see in a Patriots uniform in the future? Based on Belichick, trends, and history with their transactions, and the player mold we've become familiar with to becoming a Patriot. Which players can you see becoming a Patriot after the 2013 season? Name 5 players, free agency or draft, and explain.

1. Miles Austin (WR) - Crafty receiver. Very hard worker, and has the smarts to play in an option oriented passing attack. He's playing on his contract, but with the rise of Bryant, Austin has had a slight fade off, and looks like his days in Dallas could be done soon. I think he gets cap cut after this season, and he's a Patriot in 2014

2. Scott Chandler (TE) - Belichick has a hot fetish for those individuals that own him. Every offseason, he dips into the rivalry pool and takes players that dominate him twice a year because oh, he can't get enough of those special mates (fine, I'll stop). Chandler is a Patriot killer, much like Donald Jones and Wes Welker were. He may very well be the heir apparent to Hernandez, if Ballard never comes back and they want to employing two TEs.

3. Jason McCourty (CB) - Yes, Jason isn't slotted to be an UFA until 2018, but we may never know what happens between now and then. Devin's rising leadership and word of advisory on the team could lead us to nabbing Jason if/when he ever hits the market. Hopefully, having exactly two of the same guys in the defensive backfield forces our opponents to have to gameplan twice the amount (it's a horrible pun, I know).

4. Phil Taylor (NT/DT) - I have reason to think Taylor is destined to become a Patriot, whether trade or free agency. Belichick and Lombardi have a loyal relationship. Wilfork, as alien as he is, is on his last pair of legs. A mentor-to-replacement pairing for Wilfork and Taylor could be in the making.

5. Some player from Rutgers
Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:
INTs:
Pick 6s:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: