Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Great article on AJ Jenkins

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iwentundrafted


Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 3285
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Great article on AJ Jenkins Reply with quote

Its obvious the guy has a mancrush on Jenkins but I'm one of the few that has basically given up on him and after reading this I have gained an ounce of hope back.

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/05/crabtree-injured-can-jim-harbaugh-turn-to-aj-jenkins/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NINERFAN_4_LIFE


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 12511
Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to add to all of this, one of the things I liked about what jenkins did in college was that his stats increased every year without fail. he started slow but was able to steadily improve as he got more comfortable with his surroundings.

Its waaaay to early to call him a bust, some guys need time to adjust

my only qualm with the pick is that we could have drafted a DLman/edge rusher that could have put us over the top (aka help us beat the ravens) but ohhh well.
_________________
imani wrote:
We got so lucky last season

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6934
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still reserving judgment on Jenkins until I see him in gameday action. He's absolutely the one guy who has to step up on offense this year. I've never been a fan of his, and even less so after the waste that was his rookie season, but I am hopeful he'll be far more prepared to contribute this year. All the reports from OTA's show that he is far and away better this year then he was at this time last year. This is another article that does help to grow that hope I have that he can be a legitimate starting wide receiver in the NFL, though the author obviously is pretty biased (though at least it's admitted). We will see what happens come training camp and preseason; there are a lot of young wide receivers looking to make their mark with the 49ers, so it'll be interesting to see who is the hungriest and goes after it hardest.

BTW, off topic and random, but did anyone else see that it looks like Joe Hastings retired?
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4302
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
to add to all of this, one of the things I liked about what jenkins did in college was that his stats increased every year without fail. he started slow but was able to steadily improve as he got more comfortable with his surroundings.

Its waaaay to early to call him a bust, some guys need time to adjust

my only qualm with the pick is that we could have drafted a DLman/edge rusher that could have put us over the top (aka help us beat the ravens) but ohhh well.

We also could have drafted Alshon Jeffery like I wanted Sad haha I'm not ready to give up on AJ, I just hope he can step up sooner than later as I'm somewhat under the impression that he'll be one of those guys that takes 3-4 years to realize his talents in the NFL.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xXFlyteXx


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 380
Location: Sacramento Ca.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this day and age if you are drafted in the first round everyone wants to see you either make a big impact, Fanatics expectations are sometimes insane. The Niners FO drafted this guy so i have faith that they see something in him that will be special. He has done what he needed to this offseason to prepare for a larger role.When he was drafted he wasn't ready and not many are when they are drafted but this guy is not creating chaos or getting into crap he is grinding to get better that has me optimistic about his future. Missing Crabtree for the next 6-8 months honestly is this kids time to come out and show everyone that he has been working to get better and produce on the field. I fully expect good things from him this season I am not saying he will light it up but i think we will see him blossom into a solid #2 at least that's my hopes for this kid and he hasn't done anything but show me with solid work and effort to get better.
_________________
[img][/img]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 13744
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
I'm still reserving judgment on Jenkins until I see him in gameday action. He's absolutely the one guy who has to step up on offense this year. I've never been a fan of his, and even less so after the waste that was his rookie season, but I am hopeful he'll be far more prepared to contribute this year. All the reports from OTA's show that he is far and away better this year then he was at this time last year. This is another article that does help to grow that hope I have that he can be a legitimate starting wide receiver in the NFL, though the author obviously is pretty biased (though at least it's admitted). We will see what happens come training camp and preseason; there are a lot of young wide receivers looking to make their mark with the 49ers, so it'll be interesting to see who is the hungriest and goes after it hardest.

BTW, off topic and random, but did anyone else see that it looks like Joe Hastings retired?


+1 to the bolded part ... plus I guess, McDonald has to be a good or at least adequate replacement for Walker.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LANiner


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 536
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just stoked about aj I can't believe some of the flack he's been getting around here watching his college highlights he reminds me a lot off Cruz and Wallace type receivers
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LANiner


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 536
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that mc Donald guy I guess he's ok
lol
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LANiner


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 536
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that mc Donald guy I guess he's ok
lol
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13127
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANiner wrote:
just stoked about aj I can't believe some of the flack he's been getting around here watching his college highlights he reminds me a lot off Cruz and Wallace type receivers



I always said he looked and played a lot like Cruz. Let's hope he breaks out like Cruz.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MooreJE3


Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 9
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I think about AJ Jenkins is this: the best teams in the NFL draft a year ahead of need. Rookies generally have a tough learning curve, so if you count on them to play right away (I'm looking at you, Jacksonville) then they usually have a rough go of it. By comparison, look at what the 49ers did with Kaepernick, or what they're doing with Kendall Hunter, or what the Giants are doing with Rueben Randle... they look a year ahead, anticipate contract issues, retirements, etc and then have a stud waiting in the wings. Jim Harbaugh and the FO are WAAAAY too smart to have completely whiffed on AJJ. 2013 the training wheels come off and this kid runs wild in secondaries with defenses focused on slowing down the run game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6934
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MooreJE3 wrote:
The way I think about AJ Jenkins is this: the best teams in the NFL draft a year ahead of need. Rookies generally have a tough learning curve, so if you count on them to play right away (I'm looking at you, Jacksonville) then they usually have a rough go of it. By comparison, look at what the 49ers did with Kaepernick, or what they're doing with Kendall Hunter, or what the Giants are doing with Rueben Randle... they look a year ahead, anticipate contract issues, retirements, etc and then have a stud waiting in the wings. Jim Harbaugh and the FO are WAAAAY too smart to have completely whiffed on AJJ. 2013 the training wheels come off and this kid runs wild in secondaries with defenses focused on slowing down the run game.


Every front office whiffs on draft picks every now and again. Even bill Walsh wasn't perfect
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LANiner


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 536
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
LANiner wrote:
just stoked about aj I can't believe some of the flack he's been getting around here watching his college highlights he reminds me a lot off Cruz and Wallace type receivers



I always said he looked and played a lot like Cruz. Let's hope he breaks out like Cruz.


from your mouth to the man upstairs ear Rudy z
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sbrown


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 9211
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If AJ has any shred of pride in him, he has seen the article about him or articles not talking about him at all. Thats why I was happy to see him working out with Kaep to build that chemistry. He is a natural receiver, and a fluid route runner. The hardest part of playing wr at the NFL level is reading coverages and absorbing the playbook. Hopefully we see this step forward from him because we will need it
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group