Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Mike Williams is a #2...hope he knows that well.

Mike Williams struggled in ear 2 and instantly was given up on being a #1. The guy flat out has talent to be a #1. The Stevie Johnson deal is in my opinion right where he should be. He's done everything right for this team.

It's not talent though, we're still the Buccaneers. We have to sign him to a contract that makes sense for the Bucs as well as him, and in the context of this team, he is a clear-cut #2. We can't sign players to contracts based just on their potential skill level.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His play warrants an extension, atleast better than Brian Hartline. He got 30 mil over 6 years and Hartline is a solid #2. Mike Williams is Tampa's #2 who is a top 25 WR in a league with many good Wrs. I would give him 6-7 million a year, especially since Jackson is 29. Williams is 24.

Honestly, we will have tough decisions cap wise to make . But Davin Joseph is looking rather likely as a potential 2014 cap cut. Injury history.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4965/peyton-hillis

Quote:
Jenna Laine of Sports Talk Florida reports the Bucs will work out free agent Peyton Hillis on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They better not sign him, I have Muscle Hampsteras a keeper, and don't need no TD vulture taking away his value.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt they will throw Hillis or whoever for that matter in, instead of Martin, on goal line situations. If they havent learned their lesson from when Blount lost us the game against the Saints then they dont deserve to be coaches. Its evident that Martin is a good goal line, pass catching, and yeah.. running back. No need for him to get any less than 20+ carries and a few passes his way each game. We just need a decent backup if Martin got a little banged up cuz as much as I like Mike James or Leonard it would be stupid for us to head into the season with only those guys. Basically we just need a guy who can be a half decent change of pace guy, something we greatly lacked last year with Blount.

Quote:
"Hillis is one of several backs the Bucs plan to host as they attempt to beef up their suspect depth chart behind starter Doug Martin."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000219686/article/peyton-hillis-reportedly-will-work-out-for-buccaneers

Guys I like in order..

1. Willis McGahee
2. Cedric Benson
3. Peyton Hillis
4. Beanie Wells

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/49196/tommie-harris-works-out-for-buccaneers

Tommie Harris was awesome in his hayday, but he was completely out of football last year. The knee injury that he suffered in 2007 really seemed to zap his explosiveness.

I have no idea how healthy he is now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh not really reading too much into either tryout. Bucs are looking to fill wrights roster spot and see how they play out in camp. I'm surprised were not looking at Abraham or Seymore.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4825/kellen-davis

Quote:
Free agent TEs Kellen Davis and Dan Gronkowski worked out for the Bucs on Tuesday.

Of the two I would hope Davis catches on. Guy is a monster and a decent blocker. Can't catch squat but that's par for the course as far a Tampa's te's go the last few seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I dont know how often you fellas travel outside the Bucs thread, but GATechRaven did a great write up about season previews and this quote is something I wanted to talk about...

GaTechRavens wrote:
Josh Freeman is annoying in that we can identify his strengths and weaknesses so easily, but we have no freakin' idea how to project that into an upcoming season. While numbers certainly aren't a perfect measurement of a QB's ability, they are perfect at documenting how his throws turned out - and since I need to predict the latter, not the former, this gets really tricky. Freeman teased us with ridiculous efficiency for all of 2010 and part of 2012 - it would be unreasonable to expect him to do that for another full season, but it shouldn't shock anyone if he suddenly posted solid numbers again.

Any prediction involving Josh Freeman is going to be a tough call. I'm not a believer in the supporting cast making a huge difference, so that makes the decision even more difficult. His preseason performance may not help the cause, though I don't think that's going to be overtly revealing. Still, if there's any rhyme or reason to his level of play it's this: we know he has fantastic physical tools, and we know his mental game is always going to be iffy. That makes him inherently unpredictable.

But maybe, just maybe, there are clues from his past. Here's a trend - an imperfect one in the correlation/causation sense, but still noteworthy: Freeman's performance has often tended to ebb and flow with the momentum and confidence the rest of the team has had. Freeman has had some unbelievable streaks in his career. Overall, he has performed much better at points in the last three seasons when the Bucs were in the thick of things. That high level of play sustained itself throughout 2010, and continued for parts of 2011 (sort of) and 2012. However, in both cases, Freeman got progressively worse as the losses racked up. After the Bucs were completely out of the picture in both seasons, Freeman went from regular bad to inhumanly bad. Maybe, if things start off better for the Bucs this year, he can keep up a higher level of play for a longer period of time. It might just be the confidence boost he needs.

If I had to guess - and of course, I do have to guess, I think Freeman will put up a passer rating around 86 or so. It's a risk, but so is any prediction with him involved. I think the guy has a better shot than most do.

Focus on the Bold. It's the truth. When we are in the thick of things Freeman looks good, when things turn for the worse so does Free, when we are bad he is terrible.

I think that points to us needing to get off to a good start, I also think that a lot of that has to do with the defense. Having to not worry about having to score every drive should be a big help to Freeman

#TradeUpForTeddy
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
So I dont know how often you fellas travel outside the Bucs thread, but GATechRaven did a great write up about season previews and this quote is something I wanted to talk about...

GaTechRavens wrote:
Josh Freeman is annoying in that we can identify his strengths and weaknesses so easily, but we have no freakin' idea how to project that into an upcoming season. While numbers certainly aren't a perfect measurement of a QB's ability, they are perfect at documenting how his throws turned out - and since I need to predict the latter, not the former, this gets really tricky. Freeman teased us with ridiculous efficiency for all of 2010 and part of 2012 - it would be unreasonable to expect him to do that for another full season, but it shouldn't shock anyone if he suddenly posted solid numbers again.

Any prediction involving Josh Freeman is going to be a tough call. I'm not a believer in the supporting cast making a huge difference, so that makes the decision even more difficult. His preseason performance may not help the cause, though I don't think that's going to be overtly revealing. Still, if there's any rhyme or reason to his level of play it's this: we know he has fantastic physical tools, and we know his mental game is always going to be iffy. That makes him inherently unpredictable.

But maybe, just maybe, there are clues from his past. Here's a trend - an imperfect one in the correlation/causation sense, but still noteworthy: Freeman's performance has often tended to ebb and flow with the momentum and confidence the rest of the team has had. Freeman has had some unbelievable streaks in his career. Overall, he has performed much better at points in the last three seasons when the Bucs were in the thick of things. That high level of play sustained itself throughout 2010, and continued for parts of 2011 (sort of) and 2012. However, in both cases, Freeman got progressively worse as the losses racked up. After the Bucs were completely out of the picture in both seasons, Freeman went from regular bad to inhumanly bad. Maybe, if things start off better for the Bucs this year, he can keep up a higher level of play for a longer period of time. It might just be the confidence boost he needs.

If I had to guess - and of course, I do have to guess, I think Freeman will put up a passer rating around 86 or so. It's a risk, but so is any prediction with him involved. I think the guy has a better shot than most do.

Focus on the Bold. It's the truth. When we are in the thick of things Freeman looks good, when things turn for the worse so does Free, when we are bad he is terrible.

I think that points to us needing to get off to a good start, I also think that a lot of that has to do with the defense. Having to not worry about having to score every drive should be a big help to Freeman

Great find BSH. Yeah I completely agree with all of this. It was a great write up by the analyst. But as for the bold it tells me a few things.

1. If Freeman is going to play well the team as a whole has to have confidence, even if there is a loss here and there. If we lose a game or two I dont expect Freeman to tank everything, but if the confidence of the locker room goes, I could completely see how he does, based on this logic.

2. This does not tell me that Freeman is soft. However, this tells me that Freeman is a people person and thrives off his teammates. He is not one to take the lead when the times are tough and elevate everyone, he needs the support. I would say that his moral and performance is greatly effected by team confidence, not wins or losses. Though wins and losses effect team confidence.

3. We have a QB with the potential to be Elite but will never be on the Brady or Manning level because they elevate their team when the moral is down, not go down with them and need the team to lift them up. Freeman is an above average QB, but thrives off success and is not one that plays well during failure. Can he win a SB? Absolutely. But will he look terrible the next year if the team is garbage? Possibly. I agree with the analyst. Josh Freeman is annoying in this regard.

4. I bet Freeman looks very good this year because I have been hearing nothing but a ton of confidence come from the players this offseason. Add a few wins under the belt and we might get a very good Freeman.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bucstopshere"]So I dont know how often you fellas travel outside the Bucs thread, but GATechRaven did a great write up about season previews and this quote is something I wanted to talk about...

GaTechRavens wrote:
A lot of words

I agree 100%. I think problem with Freeman is confidence and that is why i still have little faith in him. If he can get good steak going, maybe he can become more confident.

Correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't this the case with Eli Manning. People had high expectations of him and playing in NY didnt help.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of what was said by GTR is backed up by Football Outsiders.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/quarterbacks-game-winning-drive-study

Consistency is the key.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, my confidence in Freeman is low. He hasn't played good football for a long time. I don't buy this crap about the preseason about how we only ran 5 plays, or whatever...he looked awful.

He needs to improve on certain things, we all know this, we've beat the topic to death and then some. He now has weapons and a defense that should be good enough to squash any excuses for him. It's time for him to produce. At this point we're all just fans hoping he can figure things out. Should be an interesting season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8310/jeff-demps

Quote:
Bucs KR Jeff Demps is expected to report to the team Monday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8310/jeff-demps

Quote:
Bucs KR Jeff Demps is expected to report to the team Monday.

If we could mold him into a slot WR ala Tavon Austin, that would be amazing.

Not expecting much though Embarassed

#TradeUpForTeddy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 40 of 100

Jump to: