Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bold predictions for the 2013 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Geronimo


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 438
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Many injuries in our OL (reason: they were healthy last year and 2 in a row is unlikely)
2. Some other injury in key players (as already noted: injuries happen)
3. Alfred Morris runs about 1000 yds, not more
4. Two of our DB rookies will be starters before week 12.
5. We finish no better than 8-8

I would like to share your optimism, but ...

I am watching the games we played last year. Our fantastic 7-0 after the bye week makes us forget what we have seen in the previuos games and RG3's injury in the WC game makes us forget what we did there.

Pistol formation = read option. Cousins does not play it, RG3 cannot play it as heavily as last year, and anyway defenses will learn to stop it. So our running game will become "normal". Watch the game at Cleveland: Morris had 27 carries and 87 yds. Just average.

Normal running game means normal passing game. When defenses know we are passing, our passing game is modest: receiving corps is slightly below average and I also have doubts about our playbook.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66108
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't believe people are predicting injuries in a "bold" prediction thread. Usually, everyone focuses on stats and record. Confused

Geronimo, the pistol is a formation. We don't have to run the read option out of it. The pistol is only the running back lining up behind the Qb in a shot gun formation.

It helps to have play action fakes while in the shot gun. It also allows the running back to be moving downhill before taking a hand off, but it doesn't have to have read option in it.

You can run our entire offense pre RG3 in the pistol formation.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Geronimo


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 438
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I really can't believe people are predicting injuries in a "bold" prediction thread. Usually, everyone focuses on stats and record. Confused


Sorry, I was not aware of this tradition. But, well, number of injuries is sort of stats.

turtle28 wrote:

Geronimo, the pistol is a formation. We don't have to run the read option out of it. The pistol is only the running back lining up behind the Qb in a shot gun formation.


In principle you are right. Nonetheless, Cousins never started a play from the pistol formation. The reason? He is not a threat if he runs. The pistol formation gives you what other formations cannot only if QB run is a viable option. Otherwise, it's like a traditional snap under center and play action fakes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 66108
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I really can't believe people are predicting injuries in a "bold" prediction thread. Usually, everyone focuses on stats and record. Confused


Sorry, I was not aware of this tradition. But, well, number of injuries is sort of stats.

turtle28 wrote:

Geronimo, the pistol is a formation. We don't have to run the read option out of it. The pistol is only the running back lining up behind the Qb in a shot gun formation.


In principle you are right. Nonetheless, Cousins never started a play from the pistol formation. The reason? He is not a threat if he runs. The pistol formation gives you what other formations cannot only if QB run is a viable option. Otherwise, it's like a traditional snap under center and play action fakes.
Its not a tradition. I was just saying, usually people don't predict injuries to players on their own team.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 21090
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are predictions, turtle. Some people don't think we're exploding this year (and not just the fans here; most of the odds makers have our over/under for wins at 8).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group