Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SFFMD 2013: Quest for a Champion (VOTING IS NOW OPEN!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: SFFMD 2013: Quest for a Champion Discussion Reply with quote

First of all Keth, thank you for your opinions. Here's my thoughts on them, but I appreciate you at least taking the time to analyze our team.

kethnaab wrote:

the whicked ckock (Steel city mayhem):

Coaching staff: eh...already voiced my question about Payton playing under Tomlin, considering he's won a SB more recently, but it's all good. great guys who match the personnel

If we were talking about "realism and logic" then not one of us could afford all of the guys on our team. So logic and realism is sort of thrown out the window with that. With that said, it would be an understatement to suggest that Paytons value as an OC, under Tomlin and with Phillips, would be immense.

Passing game: Aaron Rodgers is no good. His WR corps will carry him. *ahem* No real big guy for the red zone, but so what? I do like Allen and think he's a bit better than folks realize. Rodgers is one of those QBs who basically needs some warm bodies and he'll succeed.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on the whole "Aaron Rodgers is no good" comment, and beyond that, if he were to go down, we've got to Starter Ready QB's right behind him. In addition we have one of his favorite targets in Cobb, our Receiving Corps is full of speed and athleticism, with the ability to create separation from CBs and Safeties.

Running game: well, Rice/Pierce means the Ravens' running game, buoyed by Stevan Ridley. No FB though is a bit of a downgrade.

Who needs a FB with our Offensive line and a Top 3 RB like Ray Rice who finds ways to just make plays happen Wink

OL: the offensive line is better than the formatting. Smile I'm a big Okung fan, and good depth at OT with Andre Smith, Orlando Franklin and JOeckel. Yanda's a RG all the way, but he and Boone can get the job done, with good depth in Sims. Big Alex Mack fan. No weaknesses on this OL

I appreciate this commentary

Front 7: Wade Phillips is your DC. Dont' bother with the 4-3, it won't happen. I'm a bit wary of Spencer to be honest. If Clemons is healthy, I think he'd beat Spencer out. My only real concern up front is coverage from the ILBs. All 4 are classic thumpers, but all are, arguably, 2-down LBs

I hear what you're saying, but I'm not worried one bit about our LBs, we might just have the best Pass Rushing ability money can buy.

Secondary: This is going to be one of those "kill or get killed" secondaries. Clark and Ward are big hitters, Jenkins and Peterson are big play guys who will give up several TDs, but probably end up scoring a few themselves. Pray like heck your safeties don't get injured (and that you don't play in Denver) or you'll be converting your CBs to play safety. Both Rhodes and Mikell are UFAs now

As far as Rhodes and Mikell, that's fair, however, at the same time, when they were on teams, they've been quality Safeties, so from that perspective, the drop off isn't very extreme.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: SFFMD 2013: Quest for a Champion Discussion Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
First of all Keth, thank you for your opinions. Here's my thoughts on them, but I appreciate you at least taking the time to analyze our team.

kethnaab wrote:

Passing game: Aaron Rodgers is no good. His WR corps will carry him. *ahem* No real big guy for the red zone, but so what? I do like Allen and think he's a bit better than folks realize. Rodgers is one of those QBs who basically needs some warm bodies and he'll succeed.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on the whole "Aaron Rodgers is no good" comment, you realize I was being brutally sarcastic, right? Smileand beyond that, if he were to go down, we've got to Starter Ready QB's right behind him.

Running game: well, Rice/Pierce means the Ravens' running game, buoyed by Stevan Ridley. No FB though is a bit of a downgrade.

Who needs a FB with our Offensive line and a Top 3 RB like Ray Rice who finds ways to just make plays happen Wink

there's a reason Ray Rice has run behind Le'Ron McClain or Vonta Leach his entire career. Only Bruce Arians devalues a FB. Even studs like Ray Rice love their fullbacks

Front 7: Wade Phillips is your DC. Dont' bother with the 4-3, it won't happen. I'm a bit wary of Spencer to be honest. If Clemons is healthy, I think he'd beat Spencer out. My only real concern up front is coverage from the ILBs. All 4 are classic thumpers, but all are, arguably, 2-down LBs

I hear what you're saying, but I'm not worried one bit about our LBs, we might just have the best Pass Rushing ability money can buy.

well, you can discuss with other teams who is 2nd place behind me. Wink

As far as Rhodes and Mikell, that's fair, however, at the same time, when they were on teams, they've been quality Safeties, so from that perspective, the drop off isn't very extreme.
agreed. as long as they actually sign with a team this season, no issues with them having to be your backups
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: SFFMD 2013: Quest for a Champion Discussion Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

kethnaab wrote:

We're going to have to agree to disagree on the whole "Aaron Rodgers is no good" comment, you realize I was being brutally sarcastic, right? Smileand beyond that, if he were to go down, we've got to Starter Ready QB's right behind him.

I do now lol

there's a reason Ray Rice has run behind Le'Ron McClain or Vonta Leach his entire career. Only Bruce Arians devalues a FB. Even studs like Ray Rice love their fullbacks

That's not untrue, but at the same time, we have enough Offensive Linemen, we can put one of them or our Sudfeld at FB Wink That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

well, you can discuss with other teams who is 2nd place behind me. Wink

You mean behind us? Laughing

agreed. as long as they actually sign with a team this season, no issues with them having to be your backups

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR MEASURING D1CKS....AT LEAST NOT YET.

ONCE VOTING COMMENCES, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. RIGHT NOW, THIS THREAD IS JUST FOR FEEDBACK OF HOW THE VOTING WILL GO.

AGAIN, PLEASE ENSURE YOUR DEPTH CHARTS ARE UP TO DATE. VOTING WILL LIKELY START ON THURSDAY.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR MEASURING D1CKS....AT LEAST NOT YET.

ONCE VOTING COMMENCES, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. RIGHT NOW, THIS THREAD IS JUST FOR FEEDBACK OF HOW THE VOTING WILL GO.

AGAIN, PLEASE ENSURE YOUR DEPTH CHARTS ARE UP TO DATE. VOTING WILL LIKELY START ON THURSDAY.

Sorry 43, we were testing your voting process out, we clearly didn't make that clear. It works great Cool

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

Brainfart on my part.

Had so much going on I completely forgot about July 4th.

Im not doing anything until tomorrow night, but I think Ill hold off on this since people tend to get busy.

We will start voting on Monday July 8th. and it will run until Thursday the 11th, and the results will be revealed next Friday.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU CAN NOW START SENDING ME YOUR VOTES.

REMEMBER...

Arrow IF YOU ARE A GM, YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF
Arrow TOP 5 TEAMS ONLY FOR BEST OVERALL TEAM. YOU CAN RANK THEM ALL IF YOU WANT, BUT I ONLY YOUR TOP 5.
Arrow TOP 3 FOR THE OTHER CATEGORIES. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO VOTE FOR THE OTHERS, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE

Other Categories (Top 3)
Best Passing Game
Best Running Game
Best Overall Offense
Best Run D
Best Pass D
Best Pass Rush
Best Overall Defense
Best Coaching Staff
Best Potential Dynasty - Team with best young talent and potential

Voting will run until Thursday, or until I notice no one else is voting.

Friday will be the day we crown the paper champion. Good luck to everyone.

KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
YOU CAN NOW START SENDING ME YOUR VOTES.

REMEMBER...

Arrow IF YOU ARE A GM, YOU CANNOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF
Arrow TOP 5 TEAMS ONLY FOR BEST OVERALL TEAM. YOU CAN RANK THEM ALL IF YOU WANT, BUT I ONLY YOUR TOP 5.
Arrow TOP 3 FOR THE OTHER CATEGORIES. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO VOTE FOR THE OTHERS, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE

Other Categories (Top 3)
Best Passing Game
Best Running Game
Best Overall Offense
Best Run D
Best Pass D
Best Pass Rush
Best Overall Defense
Best Coaching Staff
Best Potential Dynasty - Team with best young talent and potential

Voting will run until Thursday, or until I notice no one else is voting.

Friday will be the day we crown the paper champion. Good luck to everyone.

Best Special Teams?

Go Noles!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I required to vote for 5 teams overall?

Can I just vote for 4?

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Including myself, only 2 people have voted.

stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to rosters please.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Including myself, only 2 people have voted.

Im' working on it

link to the spreadsheet with rosters (team captains, please PM me with specific adjustments to your rosters now):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av-bUN2vtFC9dDBfaEtyRkw0MVlucGo3SWs2ME00dEE#gid=0

and the roster thread:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=524106
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Link to rosters please.

It'd be nice if some people updated their rosters.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS OF RIGHT NOW, WE ARE NOT DOING THE OTHER CATEGORIES. JUST VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 5 TEAMS.

IVE GOTTEN THREE VOTES....THREE, AND ONLY 2 FROM GMS.

I am not going to rush it and will keep voting open until next week, but come on.

Its one thing for the GMs who havent been on at all not to vote, but several GMs get on regularly and still dont vote.

kethnaab

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
AS OF RIGHT NOW, WE ARE NOT DOING THE OTHER CATEGORIES. JUST VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 5 TEAMS.

IVE GOTTEN THREE VOTES....THREE, AND ONLY 2 FROM GMS.

I am not going to rush it and will keep voting open until next week, but come on.

Its one thing for the GMs who havent been on at all not to vote, but several GMs get on regularly and still dont vote.

i've only gotten response from 2 GMs to fix their rosters on the spreadsheet, so we probably need to take our time on the voting process for now. ONce training camp starts, everybody will be in here, by then we'll have folks checking it out i'm sure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: