Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric Reid signs contract

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Eric Reid signs contract Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Reid, Jr. ‏@E_Reid1 1m
Beyond blessed! Officially a 49ER! http://instagram.com/p/bZp0bCpM7z/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Every rookie will be present for camp which is a good thing.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Great! Every rookie will be present for camp which is a good thing.

With the new CBA, this should have never been in doubt. Otherwise, something went seriously wrong with either the front office or rookie.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I hope he proves the doubters wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
No offset language in 49ers first-round safety Eric Reid's $8.48 million deal that includes $4.547 million bonus

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
Eric Reid has fully guaranteed base salaries of $405,000, $790,489, $1.175 million and $1.561 million

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little article on Reid through 5 games. Calms me down a little bit after thinking about Marcus Cooper for awhile.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/10/12/san-francisco-49ers-rookie-safety-eric-reid-already-playing-like-a-pro-bowler/
Psychlone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this thread pop up and my initial thought was, "What? No way we extended a rookie???" Laughing d'oh!
Great article on Reid btw...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedWhiteNGold wrote:
Nice little article on Reid through 5 games. Calms me down a little bit after thinking about Marcus Cooper for awhile.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/10/12/san-francisco-49ers-rookie-safety-eric-reid-already-playing-like-a-pro-bowler/

Suddenly, all I've ever said about Goldson seems to be confirmed...

Most of the credit I gave Goldson was as a sniper. The guy is probably the best safety in the league at what I call sniping. That is, being deep at the safety spot and shooting at the line of scrimmage on a run play. Most run support safeties succeed by playing in the box. Goldson doesn't need to be IN the box to be a successful run supporter. He can do it from outside, playing deep. THAT was Goldson's biggest strength, and THAT allowed him to be in position more often to make plays on receivers and on the ball, whereas other safeties spend time playing in and outside the box, and therefore sacrifice opportunities to play receivers and ball. That ability makes him a very good safety. But he was never worth 45 millions, and never will be, in my opinion. 5/25 would have been great for him. There's simply no way I can value Goldson equally or more than Willis, Bowman and Justin.

Now, Reid. We don't have to ask for too much from him. Just to diagnose the game (which he might already be better than Goldson at), be patient and disciplined, and make plays when the opportunities come up. We have a very good defense around him. I'm not surprised in the least by his early success.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
RedWhiteNGold wrote:

Most of the credit I gave Goldson was as a sniper. The guy is probably the best safety in the league at what I call sniping. That is, being deep at the safety spot and shooting at the line of scrimmage on a run play. Most run support safeties succeed by playing in the box. Goldson doesn't need to be IN the box to be a successful run supporter. He can do it from outside, playing deep. THAT was Goldson's biggest strength, and THAT allowed him to be in position more often to make plays on receivers and on the ball, whereas other safeties spend time playing in and outside the box, and therefore sacrifice opportunities to play receivers and ball. That ability makes him a very good safety. But he was never worth 45 millions, and never will be, in my opinion. 5/25 would have been great for him. There's simply no way I can value Goldson equally or more than Willis, Bowman and Justin.

Now, Reid. We don't have to ask for too much from him. Just to diagnose the game (which he might already be better than Goldson at), be patient and disciplined, and make plays when the opportunities come up. We have a very good defense around him. I'm not surprised in the least by his early success.

I am very surprised, but I love it of course. Making me eat crow for my disdain for Reid during the draft process. Its a bit of a downgrade in the run support but Reid has been solid there. In coverage he's already just about as good except Goldson was capable of playing single high, which I don't feel Reid can do particularly well at this juncture, though he will get better obviously. Given the disparity of their salaries I'd much rather have Reid at what he makes than Goldson at what he makes. The drop in production simply isn't that great

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
cali-2-ky-niner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
RedWhiteNGold wrote:

I am very surprised, but I love it of course. Making me eat crow for my disdain for Reid during the draft process. Its a bit of a downgrade in the run support but Reid has been solid there. In coverage he's already just about as good except Goldson was capable of playing single high, which I don't feel Reid can do particularly well at this juncture, though he will get better obviously. Given the disparity of their salaries I'd much rather have Reid at what he makes than Goldson at what he makes. The drop in production simply isn't that great

i think reid has a higher ceiling and will be better. it took goldson 3-4 years to crack the linup. and if u remember our safties that were beatin him out were horrible!!!!!! more tools in the toolbox for the rookie and hes only gonna get better. and his attidude is way better.

NO MORE EXCUSES!

GET ERR DONE!!!!!!!!!!!
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
RedWhiteNGold wrote:

This is why there were quite a few of us who were okay with letting Goldson walk at the money he was asking for, because given who we're going to have to pay, and the likelihood we'd find a suitable replacement, it just didn't make sense to keep him. Granted, I wasn't sure it was going to be Reid, and I wanted Vaccaro, but I'm happy in the end.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: