Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What makes Sherman so much better than Tillman?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walshy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: What makes Sherman so much better than Tillman? Reply with quote

All I hear is that Sherman is the clear cut #1 cornerback in the NFL. But what makes him so much better than Charles Tillman? Is he better?

Marshall abused Sherman, while Tillman nearly shut down Megatron. Tillman had more turnovers, tackles, stuffs, INT return yards, and TDs. Why do some people act like Tillman isn't even in the running for the best corner in the league?

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
raq11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman provides better sound bites, therefore he's better according to the media.

And for what it's worth, when the players voted, Sherman was #50, Tillman #34.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman is seen as better amongst most fans for 2 reasons…

1. Sherman has a real big mouth and draws attention to himself so people can see that he is a quality player…Peanut has been a quality player for years but has carried himself with more class and dignity so it has taking casual fans longer to understand what every Chicago fan has known for years…he is an elite CB.

2. Casual fans think the Bears play nothing other than “Cover 2” and that Tillman is asked to do nothing more than drop into a zone and most think that is far easier than having to play man coverage…it’s an obvious misconception considering when Peanut has been asked to go man to man on a receiver he has won out far more than he has lost.

Bottom line is Tillman is every bit as good as Sherman…it’s just he doesn’t feel the need to jaw about it to anyone who will listen.
Walshy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand why fans think that Sherman is so much better due to his outspoken nature, but it really is amazing how fans just blatantly ignore the stats. I'd also like to point out that Tillman had 2 penalties this year while Sherman had 6 and Tillman's longest play given up was 26 while Sherman's was 56.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
Sherman provides better sound bites, therefore he's better according to the media.

Sad that this is true, but I think it's undeniable. Sherman is a good player for sure, but he's not the best corner in the league. I'm not sure he's even the best corner in the NFC West. With Revis now in the NFC and Tillman being a (finally) well known turnover machine Sherman probably starts the year as no more than the 3rd most likely CB to make the Pro Bowl, and they only take 3.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:

That sums it up. Tillman also never makes a scene like with Sherman getting in Brady's face after SEA won. That was on ESPN for a week and a half, and still popped up weekly it seemed.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People like controversy and that is exactly what Shermans mouth is.

I would still take Tillman over Sherman every day of the week. Only thing Sherman has on Tillman is age.

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
28 att for 130 yards 4.6avg. HALL OF FAME!
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
People like controversy and that is exactly what Shermans mouth is.

I would still take Tillman over Sherman every day of the week. Only thing Sherman has on Tillman is age.

Today that's true. He certainly still has upside. He has only been a CB since his junior year at Stanford (2009).

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
SpeedKills24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans may think Sherman is better but according to the NFL top 100 player list, voted by the players Tillman ranked higher than sherman by 16 spots and was only outranked by PP. I don't know if that list is 100% by the players but I sure as hell agree with the fact that Peanut is better than that [inappropriate/removed] clown Richard Sherman.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: What makes Sherman so much better than Tillman? Reply with quote

Walshy wrote:
All I hear is that Sherman is the clear cut #1 cornerback in the NFL. But what makes him so much better than Charles Tillman? Is he better?

Because the national media hates the Bears.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not ah thang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: