Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Reality of Jarvis "Dawg Bones" Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComebackKid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a front runner to be the Defensive Rookie of the Year. He's gonna excel on our defense. Just watch!

Rookie Dri Archer - #13 - HB/WR/KR - Pittsburgh Steelers
ComebackKid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a front runner to be the Defensive Rookie of the Year. He's gonna excel on our defense. Just watch!

Rookie Dri Archer - #13 - HB/WR/KR - Pittsburgh Steelers
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see him on the field. Any young OLB takes time to learn all the responsibilities of the position. I read an article about how he's already comfortable in the defense because he played in the scheme @ Georgia

http://fansided.com/2013/07/09/jarvis-jones-georgias-3-4-helping-me-learn-steelers-defense/

Quote:

“Georgia’s 3-4 system under Coach (Todd) Grantham was very helpful for me and my pro career at Pittsburgh,” Jones said, via GeorgiaDogs.com. “There may be more to do here and it may be more complex, but what I learned at Georgia has given me an advantage with the Steelers. To begin with, I am playing for a first-class organization. They expect to compete for the Super Bowl every year. The Steelers have won more Super Bowls than any NFL team, and they expect to win more.”

“Just like it was at Georgia with Coach Grantham, our D-coordinator here, - LeBeau, is very knowledgeable about the 3-4 defense, and he knows how to teach it. He is a very good communicator, and the players appreciate him and his style. It is fun to come to practice and learn something new from him every day. One thing different is that I will be playing right outside linebacker with the Steelers. At Georgia, I flopped, depending on what the offense was doing.”

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: