Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahmad Brooks Could be Charged with Felony Assault
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
struby3 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Wow against a backup backup dt?
I wonder how this happened?

Long story short, Divens thought Brooks was too drunk to drive and refused to give him his keys and this led him to getting a beat down. Divens was being a great teammate and friend and he gets repaid like this? Smh...................

Not true. The report says that Divens had already driven Brooks home. Brooks asked Divens for his keys and Divens pretended to throw them in the bushes before giving them back. That is when Brooks assaulted him. Divens contacted the police and then three days later asked for the charges to be dropped.

Brooks is an idiot for two reasons: 1) He hit him with a bottle and 2) He threatened to get a gun. Other than that, friends get in fights when they are drunk. It happens to everyone. If Brooks didn't use a weapon and threaten to use even more severe violence, then I doubt Divens would have even contacted police.

No...not everyone assaults friends while drunk.

Thank you. I drink a lot,not saying thats a good thing. But,when i do get in disputes with my friends,I dont take it to another level. Why drink if you cant control yourself?

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
struby3 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Wow against a backup backup dt?
I wonder how this happened?

Long story short, Divens thought Brooks was too drunk to drive and refused to give him his keys and this led him to getting a beat down. Divens was being a great teammate and friend and he gets repaid like this? Smh...................

Not true. The report says that Divens had already driven Brooks home. Brooks asked Divens for his keys and Divens pretended to throw them in the bushes before giving them back. That is when Brooks assaulted him. Divens contacted the police and then three days later asked for the charges to be dropped.

Brooks is an idiot for two reasons: 1) He hit him with a bottle and 2) He threatened to get a gun. Other than that, friends get in fights when they are drunk. It happens to everyone. If Brooks didn't use a weapon and threaten to use even more severe violence, then I doubt Divens would have even contacted police.

No...not everyone assaults friends while drunk.

Thank you. I drink a lot,not saying thats a good thing. But,when i do get in disputes with my friends,I dont take it to another level. Why drink if you cant control yourself?

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
jwalter_81

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
A lot of "He's on my team, so it's not that bad"

Uh.......what?

Was wondering the same thing.

This isn't a Seahawk thread so none of that in here.

Wink

I know, right?! Quite the opposite has been said...quit making stuff up and being a homer Lofa
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad that a lot of people in here have nice tall high horses to sit on while they arent fighting their friends when they are drunk Rolling Eyes

hitting him seems excessive no matter which way you look at it, but a drunken mistake is a drunken mistake. He apparently didnt even know what he had done until the next morning, so I think its fair to cut the guy some slack. I dont think he gets suspended so its really a nonissue. This is the first we have heard about him doing anything questionable in a long time, so I think he will be ok. the niners have a close locker room, not worried.

I wonder if he actually has a gun. if so im hoping its legal!
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
Im glad that a lot of people in here have nice tall high horses to sit on while they arent fighting their friends when they are drunk Rolling Eyes

hitting him seems excessive no matter which way you look at it, but a drunken mistake is a drunken mistake. He apparently didnt even know what he had done until the next morning, so I think its fair to cut the guy some slack. I dont think he gets suspended so its really a nonissue. This is the first we have heard about him doing anything questionable in a long time, so I think he will be ok. the niners have a close locker room, not worried.

I wonder if he actually has a gun. if so im hoping its legal!

No, not hitting your friends while drunk doesn't mean you are sitting on a high horse, it means you have self control and are normal.

I think hitting your friends while drunk is below the norms, and should be something that one re-evaluates himself.

If Ahmad can't handle a drink, he shouldn't drink. Simple.

While I agree with you that a drunken mistake is a drunken mistake, all it takes is one "mistake" to have devastating consequences. Please don't rationalize what he did.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: