Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams' request to upgrade Edward Jones Dome rejected
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
You listen to me, Green24, if that is your real name.
If you so much as mention the Rams ever again, I will end you.
END YOU

This guy gets it. You tell Green Beans who is boss. Cool

notice he didn't reply

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Yea, you're looking at this through entirely the wrong perspective. The Rams are more a threat to build a new stadium near St. Louis than they are to move to LA. The LA rumors are baseless.

So stick to your own team, thanks.
They "simply don't have the money" for a renovation, but they're going to find it for a entirely new stadium? Seems highly unlikely.

Kroenke is going to build his own stadium. He likes to own his teams stadiums and I'm pretty sure he does in each of the other sports he owns teams. He not only has the means to do it with minimal outside money but has the ties in many business areas to make it happen. They will also likely stay in St Louis as owning his own stadium in LA is less likely to happen given the area and market for real estate.
Doesn't he only own the Pepsi Center, and only because he was contracted to build the stadium?

I believe some of the properties he owns are in his sons name so as to not irritate the NFL for cross ownership issues.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it works out for the Rams and they stay in St.Louis. St.Louis is such a great sports city, be a shame for them to lose their team.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Governor of Missouri is a huge sports fan and he is personally getting involved in this matter. He and Kroenke will work together to have a new state of the art stadium build in St.Louis. St.Louis is a top 10 sports town in the US and there is no way they will let the Rams get away. Stan just wants to own the stadium and everything that goes with it, and rightfully so. Our current dome is so bad and you can't even tailgate like a normal team does, which is part of the experience.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kroenke prefers to own his own stadium, and has the financing to privately own a Rams stadium, why is he even bothering with the current Dome?

Is he trying to leverage the city into helping him finance the stadium?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
If Kroenke prefers to own his own stadium, and has the financing to privately own a Rams stadium, why is he even bothering with the current Dome?

He has to go through the process of it all because of the lease.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

The Rams lease for the Dome has a clause in it like most teams that don't own their own stadium. If by 2014 or 2015 it isn't in the top 3rd the Rams can opt out of the lease. They just finished going thru the process of the Rams and the CVC submitting what each side thinks will get them to that point. The disagree and it went to arbitration which sided with Kroenke. CVC said they wouldn't pay to put in the upgrades Kroenke wanted so now it's up to him on where to go.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man everyone always gets really chippy when someone slightly insinuates that it might vaguely be in the realm of possibility that their team could go to Los Angeles several years into the future. I mean a team is eventually going to go there. Just hope it's because of an expansion and not a move.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Kroenke knew all along he would opt out of the lease and build his own stadium. The issue will be, how much public money he will get. One way or another, he will get his stadium. He is a shrewd business man that gets what he wants.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Greenie is like a lil bro to me.

Be nice to him.

Even though he did choose to become a Michigan Fan.

Evil or Very Mad

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Yea, you're looking at this through entirely the wrong perspective. The Rams are more a threat to build a new stadium near St. Louis than they are to move to LA. The LA rumors are baseless.

They "simply don't have the money" for a renovation, but they're going to find it for a entirely new stadium? Seems highly unlikely.

Kroenke is going to build his own stadium. He likes to own his teams stadiums and I'm pretty sure he does in each of the other sports he owns teams. He not only has the means to do it with minimal outside money but has the ties in many business areas to make it happen. They will also likely stay in St Louis as owning his own stadium in LA is less likely to happen given the area and market for real estate.

Kroenke doesn't own the Emirates stadium.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one hope that they stay in the downtown area. There are not many complaints about the neighborhood for the Cardinals, and it is like 3 blocks south of the dome. Is 3 blocks away a little nicer? Yes. Is it THAT different? No.

Do what the Bears did, play a season in Columbia or Champaign and rebuild on site. The biggest drawback is the tailgating, there isn't a lot of parking in the area. But there are a lot of places to go in the downtown area before or after a game and those places are not in Fenton. A new stadium and the expanded Arch grounds/tunnel will make the city a lot more pleasing to the eye.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
T-RichIsTheMan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost certain they end up moving, whether it is to Los Angeles is another issue for another day.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Hope it works out for the Rams and they stay in St.Louis. St.Louis is such a great sports city, be a shame for them to lose their team.
I agree with this. I love the area.

nugpimpen wrote:
I feel like Greenie is like a lil bro to me.

Be nice to him.

Even though he did choose to become a Michigan Fan.

Evil or Very Mad
<3
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Kroenke doesn't own the Emirates stadium.

Yes and no. He is the majority share holder in Arsenal. Arsenal is listed as the owner of said stadium. Therefor he is the majority share holder of the stadium. He owns I believe 30% of the shares in Arsenal LLC.

So no he isn't the owner of the stadium but he is the majority share holder.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: