Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cheese Bites: Green Bay Packer updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings have not faced each other as opponents yet but that hasn't stopped the former Green Bay Packers teammates from engaging in some back and forth. Rodgers, the Packers' Pro Bowl quarterback, started things off at the Wisconsin Sports Awards this offseason when he was asked about Jennings and responded by saying, "Who?"

When the wide receiver was asked a question about having played with Brett Favre and Rodgers on Wednesday, Jennings gave a long answer about Favre and then stopped. Asked about Rodgers, he said, "Who?"

Jennings was smiling and then went on to praise Rodgers.

Jennings: "He is extremely smart, like brilliant. He's just thinking about how he can beat you the next time while he's beating you the first time. That's just the way his mind works. He sees something and it's like it's stored in a memory bank and he remembers it once he sees it and he's checking at the line."

"He's going to put you in the best situation to be successful. His accuracy ... I can go on and on. He's a good quarterback. He had great receivers. He had no choice but to be a great quarterback. I'm joking."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Greg_Jennings_has_fun_with_Aaron_Rodgers_loves_Christian_Ponder061913

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Knafelc spent nine years playing for the Packers and later was the public address announcer at Lambeau Field, and he is enshrined in the Packers Hall of Fame. But he doesnt think the NFL cares much about him these days. The 81-year-old Knafelc told NBC 26 in Green Bay that players from his era who have had health problems are viewed as just a thorn in the side of the NFL, and that what the NFL is really waiting for is them all to go away when they die.

Knafelc: We dont have a voice, and I really believe the reason that we dont have a voice is that theyre hoping that if we keep dying off at the rate we are, well be all dead and they wont have to worry about anything. Im not kidding at all. No, Im very serious about that. The NFL Players Association has to step up and protect us, and they dont do that. All they care about is the current players and the guys that played after 1970. The ones that played prior to that, theyve kind of just forgotten entirely.

Dumb as I am, Id do it again for the same money if I could.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/30/ex-packer-gary-knafelc-says-nfl-wants-retired-players-to-die-off/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are certain sights Johnathan Franklin got used to seeing while growing up in California. A moose head in the Packers equipment room was not one of those things.

Franklin: I saw a moose head in a room the other day and I went crazy. I aint seen none of this. I said, Is that real? Did you really kill a moose? Its so different here. I saw a porcupine the other day, I mean its crazy. Oh my gosh, from Los Angles to Green Bay, Wisconsin.... Boy, I tell ya. Its like night and day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/packers-rookie-from-l-a-bracing-for-culture-shock/

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watch out for the Badgers, Johnathan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0sfKrOiGYQ

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy: I am often asked questions about Brett Favre, and specifically whether we will retire his number. We do want to bring Brett back into the fold, and plan on retiring his number. He deserves to have his number retired for what he accomplished, and meant to the Packers, during his time here. I thought Aaron Rodgers and Brett jointly presenting the Comeback Player of the Year Award at the NFL Honors program was a great first step. It is really just a question of timing in terms of retiring his jersey. The timing has to be right for both Brett and the organization. Brett will be a first ballot Hall of Famer in 2016, and we would like to retire his number prior to his induction.

I know that many of our fans were upset that Brett played for the Vikings. As time goes by, though, I think wounds are healed and people focus more on the great things he did for the team during his 16 years here. As the recent signings by Greg Jennings and Desmond Bishop show, many players in the League go on to play for rivals later in their careers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/06/meyer-breaks-silence-on-hernandez/related/

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murphy's message summarized: packer fans get over it, we're retiring his number regardless of how things ended.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ i think his message is more like - we know some of you can't get over it. but we can, and we're moving on. feel free to join us.

and yes, it would be a professional embarrassment for the team management if he's inducted in to the HOF, yet his team has not honored him yet.

Webmaster wrote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I think Jared Allen will be a HOF'er someday. If he felt slighted by the Vikings next year and decided to sign with the Bears, Lions, or Packers to "get back" at us I wouldn't be upset. If the Vikings chose to honor him after he'd retired and he wanted to be part of the organization I'd welcome him with open arms.

I know that a players only true loyalty is to their family and their bank account. They all have huge ego's whether they put it on display or not. If they don't feel like a team is showing them the respect they deserve they will leave.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will the Pack be welcoming back Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell to their fold?

Have any 'notable' Vikings left to join the Pack? If not, what does that imply, if anything?

[ There was a rookie Vikings NT (Gerald Brown?) whose was put on the Vikings PS, but signed by the Pack and he had a fairly decent career there for a few years. ]
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
When will the Pack be welcoming back Darren Sharper and Ryan Longwell to their fold?

Have any 'notable' Vikings left to join the Pack? If not, what does that imply, if anything?

[ There was a rookie Vikings NT (Gerald Brown?) whose was put on the Vikings PS, but signed by the Pack and he had a fairly decent career there for a few years. ]

Gilbert Brown.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
You know I think Jared Allen will be a HOF'er someday. If he felt slighted by the Vikings next year and decided to sign with the Bears, Lions, or Packers to "get back" at us I wouldn't be upset. If the Vikings chose to honor him after he'd retired and he wanted to be part of the organization I'd welcome him with open arms.

didn't Alan Page finish out his career playing for the Bears?

none of us hate him for that, or see him as some form of traitor.

Webmaster wrote:
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Yes, Vikings fans have been able to turn the page...

... except for that one guy who is still haunted by numerous bad restroom experiences at the Dumpty Dome.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Sigh.

The way Favre handled his business was entirely different.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Sigh.

The way the Vikes handled the situation was entirely different as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Sigh.

it's water under the bridge.

i mean, if Packer management and Aaron Rodgers can be professional enough to bury the hatchet and move on, regardless of how Favre or anyone handled it at the time, why can't the fans that respect them so much do the same?

what's the gain in keeping the animosity bubbling?

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 56 of 74

Jump to: