Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1-29: MINN - Cordarrelle Patterson [WR] Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Viking wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Rookie_Premiere_Vikings_WR_Cordarrelle_Patterson/44222dd3-7fbd-4f03-87b8-9ad606516663

Wow = he actually chose making the defender look bad over scoring the TD. It wasnt the exact words, but that is what he chose. This boy is cocky!

Cocky? That's stupid. Scoring is the ultimate make-defense-look-bad deed. The easier a TD, the worse the defense looks.

But he'll learn...eventually.
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiss_vike wrote:
Bermuda Viking wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Rookie_Premiere_Vikings_WR_Cordarrelle_Patterson/44222dd3-7fbd-4f03-87b8-9ad606516663

Wow = he actually chose making the defender look bad over scoring the TD. It wasnt the exact words, but that is what he chose. This boy is cocky!

Cocky? That's stupid. Scoring is the ultimate make-defense-look-bad deed. The easier a TD, the worse the defense looks.

But he'll learn...eventually.

I had had bigger problem with him saying bubble screen.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Viking wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

I think you're misconstruing what he said a bit. The question was, would he rather burn the guy (most likely for a touchdown) vs. making a contested catch over the guy for the TD (aka "Mossing" someone).

Both scenarios involve touchdowns, at least, in the way that I understood the question. To me, CP said he would rather run right by a guy than go up over him; 9-route vs. the fade.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I think you're misconstruing what he said a bit. The question was, would he rather burn the guy (most likely for a touchdown) vs. making a contested catch over the guy for the TD (aka "Mossing" someone).

Both scenarios involve touchdowns, at least, in the way that I understood the question. To me, CP said he would rather run right by a guy than go up over him; 9-route vs. the fade.

that's the way i reacted to it too.

when a receiver "burns" a defender, it usually means he scored in the process.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
fishtanked

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Viking wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

That's not what he said at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obviously we're all getting to know Patterson, but from interviews and such he doesn't appear to be cocky at all. he appears to be a very relaxed, whimsical guy who's really enjoying his experiences with the Vikings and being in the NFL so far.

i wouldn't doubt he'll attempt to show some cockiness on the field following a big play over a defender, but i think that will just be part of his schtick.

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like most successful Wrs have a bit of confidence and maybe cockiness to them. I'd take a guy like that over someone like Troy Williamson who was so damn passive to the point of not having any confidence.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
It seems like most successful Wrs have a bit of confidence and maybe cockiness to them. I'd take a guy like that over someone like Troy Williamson who was so damn passive to the point of not having any confidence.

hey, he was willing to take on Childress any day at midfield, as i recall.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
chuck44

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Cris Carter did stuff all the time ...Michael Irvin was a showboat...Randy Moss..Terell OWens....Almost every great receiver has too have some cockiness or swagger thats what makes them great..that attutude that no one can stop you...now there is a line you shouldnt go over ...but cockiness and confidence are tributes of all the great ones.....even Jerry rice had it...but he mostly keot it under wraps...but he knew no one could stop him..he just internalized it most of the time
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
even Jerry rice had it...but he mostly keot it under wraps...but he knew no one could stop him..he just internalized it most of the time

and didn't Rice make commercials with Steve Young for a credit card company or something, where the script was basically Young idolizing Rice as being so special?

that's a good way to deal with cockiness - humor.

yep, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzHRt4Se-B4

Webmaster wrote:
Duff Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
obviously we're all getting to know Patterson, but from interviews and such he doesn't appear to be cocky at all. he appears to be a very relaxed, whimsical guy who's really enjoying his experiences with the Vikings and being in the NFL so far.

i wouldn't doubt he'll attempt to show some cockiness on the field following a big play over a defender, but i think that will just be part of his schtick.

Nah, he doesn't really seem like the cocky type to me either.

If you watch some of his game tape that's available on youtube, he seems to be very respectful to the defenders he's facing after the play and everything.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, all of the good ones have a swagger about them. The only one, in recent memory, that I can't remember showboating in the slightest was Marvin Harrison. He was very much like Barry Sanders, in the fact that he would just toss the ball to the official after scoring.

I suppose, that could be taken as him knowing that he was good.
Krauser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Yup, all of the good ones have a swagger about them. The only one, in recent memory, that I can't remember showboating in the slightest was Marvin Harrison. He was very much like Barry Sanders, in the fact that he would just toss the ball to the official after scoring.

I suppose, that could be taken as him knowing that he was good.

If you watch Patterson's highlights from Tennessee last year, that's all he ever does, just hands the ball to the official in the end zone as he jogs by. Nothing showboaty about his game on the field.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson has been known to high step into the end zone no?
Duff Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Patterson has been known to high step into the end zone no?

ya he got called for it against Mizzou I believe... What a crap call though, it was just like 2 or 3 (mild) high steps.. The announcer was just chewing the refs out after the penalty haha.

Patterson's high step has NOTHING on AP's though Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 36 of 69

Jump to: