Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 All-NFC North Roster - Final Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nzd07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
byuvike88 wrote:
http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/07/03/division-by-division-all-pro-teams/

We have a lot of the same players as this list on NFL.com. Its a pretty interesting read. I don't agree with Sullivan not being on the first team but he is very under appreciated. All in all in think this proves how unbiased our survey was.

Why is Fusco on that list? I laugh at Garza being on there over Sullivan.

It also has Garza over Sullivan, Greenway over Briggs, and Bushrod over Loadholt. Pretty awful for an "expert" NFL writer...

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Jay-Z wrote:
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man!
byuvike88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like he changed it and put Sullivan over Garza.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and we have the second best all division team!
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
Oh and we have the second best all division team!

Probably because we have the best QB, the best RB and the best WR in the game on the team.

The NFC defense, while ok, is nowhere near other division defenses. Average LB core and frankly, quite a bad secondary. Of course, compared to other division teams.

Actually, it's a sad state that the NFC North does not feature the best defense!
GTR1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, given all the inherent homerism the results were very representative.

A few problems, the most glaring of which is Line Backers, Greenway should arguably be a starter on the all NFL team and we didn't have him starting for the NFC North? Hawk shouldn't have made the list, much less be a starter (can a LB play wearing a skirt). And Briggs, an exceptional player in his day, couldn't carry Greenways water currently.

Surprisingly, I agree with the choice of a punter. it makes sense based on the other three punters vs. our pick.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In naming the NFL.com Division-By-Division All-Pro Teams, nine Vikings made the 22-man roster of the NFC North squad. The Bears had five and the Packers and Lions had four each.

While making 11-man rosters on both sides of the ball, the formula was to have a three-receiver, one-tight end set on offense. Try disputing Aaron Rodgers as the QB. The same goes for Adrian Peterson as the only running back. It’s not even close. Just as easy was the selection of Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall. They’re the reason the Vikings drafted Xavier Rhodes. But the third receiver was Greg Jennings, who has brought his talents to the south metro area of the Twin Cities. Jordy Nelson and Alshon Jeffery aficionados might bark at the selection, but it was done by a third-party medalist. Who are we to complain?

A year ago, Kyle Rudolph likely would have been third on the list of NFC North tight ends, but given the sketchy track records of Jermichael Finley and Brandon Pettigrew, that pick made itself.

Matt Kalil was named one of the two offensive tackles. Chicago spendy free agent import Jermon Bushrod bought his way into the other tackle spot, but it can only be assumed he’s on the right side of the NFC North offense. John Sullivan is no surprise at center. But at guard, Brandon Fusco’s inclusion on the list is something of a surprise. It may be more a testament to the competition as the “All-Pro” aspect of the list.

Jared Allen was named one of the defensive ends along with Julius Peppers. Who plays over Kalil is up to you. At defensive tackle, whether you like his style or not, NFC North bouncer Ndamukong Suh muscled his way on the team. It can be argued how dominant Henry Melton is, but it must have been determined the Vikings had enough guys on the team, so there wasn’t room for Kevin Williams.

As for the linebackers in the 4-3 NFC North defense, there’s no arguing Clay Matthews and Chad Greenway, and Stephen Tulloch’s inclusion at middle linebacker is a lifetime achievement award, since he’s the only returner of the group other than A.J. Hawk. Enough said.

At cornerback, Charles Tillman and Sam Shields got the nod, but Viking Harrison Smith joined free agent import Glover Quin as the safeties.

http://min.scout.com/2/1306074.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
ECPackers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like the roster you came up with.

only thing i didn't understand is how coradelle patterson is on the list? over anyone. like literally, any WR in the NFC north. dude could have a career ending injury on play 1, or go all titus young. yet he's better than guys like...well, like anyone. lol. not a very good vote for that spot.
Bucks
Badgers
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
i really like the roster you came up with.

only thing i didn't understand is how coradelle patterson is on the list? over anyone. like literally, any WR in the NFC north. dude could have a career ending injury on play 1, or go all titus young. yet he's better than guys like...well, like anyone. lol. not a very good vote for that spot.

Yeah, most of us have no idea who voted for him. I was voting Rob Sims and James Jones for the wild card offensive players.

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
byuvike88 wrote:
http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/07/03/division-by-division-all-pro-teams/

We have a lot of the same players as this list on NFL.com. Its a pretty interesting read. I don't agree with Sullivan not being on the first team but he is very under appreciated. All in all in think this proves how unbiased our survey was.

Why is Fusco on that list? I laugh at Garza being on there over Sullivan.

It also has Garza over Sullivan, Greenway over Briggs, and Bushrod over Loadholt. Pretty awful for an "expert" NFL writer...

No such thing as an "expert" its just a convenient way for the media to present there analysts as being someone worth listening too. I am willing to bet that most of us could do that job with ease and probably do a better job at it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: