Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Roster: Final Player Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Ranking the Roster: Final Player Rankings Reply with quote

1. Matt Ryan, QB

| Born: May 17th, 1985 | Hometown: Exton, PA | College: Boston College | Draft Year: 2008 | Draft Position: 1.3 | Career Stats: 62.7% completion rate, 18957 yards, 127 touchdowns, 60 ints, 90.9 passer rating, 16 fourth quarter comebacks | Honors: two-time Pro Bowler |

Matt Ryan, on being labeled a 'choker' wrote:
"In a way, it motivates you," Ryan said. "You want to prove everybody who doubts you wrong. But at the same time you can't let it affect the way you feel about yourself."

2. Roddy White, WR

| Born: November 2nd, 1981 | Hometown: James Island, SC | College: Alabama-Birmingham | Draft Year: 2005 | Draft Position: 1.27 | Career Stats: 622 receptions, 8725 yards, 52 touchdowns, 68.2 yards per game | Honors: four time Pro Bowler, one time First Team All-Pro |

Roddy White, on the 2013 season wrote:
"We're ready to take that next step. We know how good our football team is and the players we got, so it's either Super Bowl or nothing for us right now."

3. Julio Jones, WR

| Born: February 3rd, 1989 | Hometown: Foley, AL | College: Alabama | Draft Year: 2011 | Draft Position: 1.6 | Career Stats: 133 receptions, 2157 yards, 18 touchdowns, 74.4 yards per game | Honors: one time Pro Bowler |

Julio Jones, on his relationship with Matt Ryan wrote:
"I’m definitely on the same page as my quarterback. You have to be able to talk to your quarterback. One person can’t be bigger than the other. You gotta be on the same page and have the same goals. Me and Matt have the same goals. We work. I’ll tell him, ‘Matt, I see this and that’ and he’ll say, ‘OK, I’m going to put the ball here, can you adjust to it?’ He has confidence that he can throw the ball to me.”

4. Tony Gonzalez, TE

| Born: February 27th, 1976 | Hometown: Torrance, CA | College: California | Draft Year: 1997 (KC) | Draft Position: 1.13 | Career Stats: 1242 receptions, 14268 yards, 103 touchdowns, 56.2 yards per game | Honors: thirteen time Pro Bowler, six time First Team All-Pro |

Tony Gonzalez, to teammates during fourth quarter of playoff win versus Seattle wrote:
"We've been here before. We can get this done. Believe."

5. Sean Weatherspoon, LB

| Born: December 29th, 1987 | Hometown: Jasper, TX | College: Missouri | Draft Year: 2010 | Draft Position: 1.19 | Career Stats: Sacks: 8.0, Interceptions: 1, Forced Fumbles: 1, Tackles: 190, Assists: 72 |

Sean Weatherspoon, on filling the leadership void vacated by Curtis Lofton wrote:
“We had a lot of fun here playing, made a lot of plays here. He had to go and that kind of put me right in that position to step up, and I think that’s my job. It’s my third year, I think it’s time to step up and be that go-to guy on defense.”

6. William Moore, SS

| Born: May 18th, 1985 | Hometown: Hayti, MO | College: Missouri | Draft Year: 2009 | Draft Position: 2.55 | Career Stats: Sacks: 1.5, Interceptions: 11, Forced Fumbles: 5, Tackles: 160, Assists: 44 |

William Moore, on his game wrote:
“I feel like I can do it all as far as being active in the run game. And I like to be. I don’t have a part of my game where I’m uncomfortable at. I feel like I can do it all. I’m not saying I’m perfect as a safety; I know there’s some things to work on. And I’m looking forward to improving my man-to-man coverage and I think I can do it all — go get the ball, intercept it and do it all.”

7. Steven Jackson, RB

| Born: July 22, 1983 | Hometown: Las Vegas, NV | College: Oregon State | Draft Year: 2004 (STL) | Draft Position: 1.24 | Career Stats: Rushing Attempts: 2395, Yards: 10135, Touchdowns: 56, Yards per Carry: 4.2, Receptions: 407, Receiving Yards: 3324, Touchdown Receptions: 8 | Honors: three time Pro-Bowler |

Steven Jackson, on the Falcons wrote:
“We’re a new team. We’re different from the team that was here last year. But the success that these guys have had together and the leadership that the coaches have, I believe that we can be a very potent team. But we gotta go out there and do it ourselves on the field, we can’t just keep talking about it.”

8. Asante Samuel, CB

| Born: January 6, 1981 | Hometown: Ft. Lauderdale, FL | College: Central Florida | Draft Year: 2003 (NE) | Draft Position: 4.120 | Career Stats: Interceptions: 50, Touchdowns: 6, Forced Fumbles: 6, Tackles: 367, Assists: 40 | Honors: four time Pro-Bowler, one time First Team All-Pro |

Asante Samuel, on falling short last season wrote:
“I look at it as a building block. This team, with a new staff and front office and everything, this is the first time they had a playoff victory … so I think guys kind of smelled the Super Bowl. … It was that close, so I think everybody’s going to come back with a chip on his shoulder.”

9. Jonathan Babineaux , DT

| Born: October 12, 1981 | Hometown: Port Arthur, TX | College: Iowa | Draft Year: 2005 | Draft Position: 2.59 | Career Stats: Sacks: 22.5, Interceptions: 3, Forced Fumbles: 8, Tackles: 215, Assists: 57 |

Jonathan Babineaux, on Mike Nolan's scheme wrote:
"And really its all about playing. You can write up all the schemes you want to. If your players are not going out there producing and doing the right things you’ll never win. So, its all on the players to learn this new scheme and be able to do the necessary things to win."

10. Thomas DeCoud, FS

| Born: March 19, 1985 | Hometown: Oakland, CA | College: California | Draft Year: 2008 | Draft Position: 3.98 | Career Stats: Sacks: 3.0, Interceptions: 14, Forced Fumbles: 4, Tackles: 249, Assists: 63 | Honors: one time Pro-Bowl selection

Thomas DeCoud, on almost losing the playoff game wrote:
“Yeah, I would be lying it if I said it wasn’t kind of a crushing feeling like, ‘Oh damn, we were ahead by all these points and now we let them claw back into the game,’”

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserved for spots 11-20

Daboyle250 on the sig

FakingInjuries wrote:

BeeperKing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserved for spots 21-30

Daboyle250 on the sig

FakingInjuries wrote:

Lentz33

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet write-ups man. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to do them.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Sweet write-ups man. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to do them.

Thanks, man. Should have them all up by the end of the week.

Daboyle250 on the sig

FakingInjuries wrote:

ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man these are really turning out great, thanks for putting all this time and work into them Beeper

Love the personal quotes you put underneath each player, gives them all more character and substance than just units of speed and strength

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: