Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 OTA'S/Minicamp/Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and hoping for different results. At this point in time, Jake is in a spot we have yet to see him in. He is taking 90% of the 1st string reps in practice vs the 30-40% like last year behind Hass. He is healthy. All the old schemes from the Fisher era are finally gone this year. From watching the interviews and reading articles, it seems there is a "vibe" of excitement around LP field right now that we haven't seen since CJ2K had his big season. Many argue that if Jake had a better supporting cast around him his last couple years in college, he would have been much more successful.

Well now he has (on paper) the talent he needs to be surrounded with. Anyone making predictions, with certainty, about Locker right now is talking pure smack. Not one of us has yet to see Jake perform with all these factors in play. Not one.

But it's coming. Then, and only then, will we all see what this kid has in the tank. Anyone claiming they know how Jake will perform this year is full of it.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
Well a definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and hoping for different results. At this point in time, Jake is in a spot we have yet to see him in. He is taking 90% of the 1st string reps in practice vs the 30-40% like last year behind Hass. He is healthy. All the old schemes from the Fisher era are finally gone this year. From watching the interviews and reading articles, it seems there is a "vibe" of excitement around LP field right now that we haven't seen since CJ2K had his big season. Many argue that if Jake had a better supporting cast around him his last couple years in college, he would have been much more successful.

Well now he has (on paper) the talent he needs to be surrounded with. Anyone making predictions, with certainty, about Locker right now is talking pure smack. Not one of us has yet to see Jake perform with all these factors in play. Not one.

But it's coming. Then, and only then, will we all see what this kid has in the tank. Anyone claiming they know how Jake will perform this year is full of it.

I try not to get overyly hyped and optimistic... cuz seriously every offseason is a chance to be optimistic. 32 teams feel like they've improved, yet only few actually do.

Last year, we had a lot to be optimistic about going in as well:

- CJ finally had a full camp ,and that would help him and offense bounce back.
-The return of Kenny Britt.
-We finally got the leader in an interior lineman to help the run game in Hutch.
-The young Defense is only going to get better. Klug, McCarthy were great in 11 and will continue to get better. We got a pass rusher in Kam. Griffin's going to return to his pro bowl... Gray's making sure of that.
-Coaches went 9-7 during a locked out offseason, what can they do with a full offseason!!

But even though I try to keep my excitement on check... I never can. I always think we're destined for at least a 12-4 season with a deep playoff run. Its no different this year...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
TitanTuff wrote:

I try not to get overyly hyped and optimistic... cuz seriously every offseason is a chance to be optimistic. 32 teams feel like they've improved, yet only few actually do.

-We finally got the leader in an interior lineman to help the run game in Hutch.
-The young Defense is only going to get better. Klug, McCarthy were great in 11 and will continue to get better. We got a pass rusher in Kam. Griffin's going to return to his pro bowl... Gray's making sure of that.
-Coaches went 9-7 during a locked out offseason, what can they do with a full offseason!!

But even though I try to keep my excitement on check... I never can. I always think we're destined for at least a 12-4 season with a deep playoff run. Its no different this year...

Rolling Eyes shhhhh Very Happy
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:

You're not the only one. The anticipation and excitement is all part of the fun of being a fan. Anytime your team makes the slightest positive move to progress especially like all that we've done this offseason, as a fan, your expectations will shoot through the roof. Sometimes reality tends to be overrated, so let it go and just enjoy the ride. I'm thinking we'll be strong contenders for the SuperBowl myself. Does that sound ludicrous? Ask me if I care. Very Happy Cool
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
TitanTuff wrote:

Try being a Titans and Vols fan your whole life. You learn to keep your excitement in check, because your teams usually suck irregardless of their off-season. Laughing

Those late 90s and early 2000s sure were fun though. National championship for the Vols, superbowl appearance and numerous playoff appearances for the Titans..

Oh how I long for those days again Sad
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

Try being a ... Vols fan your whole life.

Yuck

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Stone32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else get the feeling that Rotoworld is just trolling us?
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone32 wrote:
Anyone else get the feeling that Rotoworld is just trolling us?

Yep..

I think someone from the Titans killed their fish or banged their girl...it's really crazy. They go out their way to talk bad about our team.
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports Still no deal b/w #Titans & 1st rd pick Chance Warmack. Like others in top 10, offset language the holdup. 1st day on field a wk from 2day

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ChrisJohnson28: RT @LevitreAndy: got all my lineman the 2k workout shoes let's get it http://twitter.com/LevitreAndy/status/357887389718437888/photo/1

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
@ChrisJohnson28: RT @LevitreAndy: got all my lineman the 2k workout shoes let's get it http://twitter.com/LevitreAndy/status/357887389718437888/photo/1

It'll probably either
A-Get twisted as him being too cocky by putting his name on their shoes.
B- Not get mentioned by any other fanbase so CJ can keep his "Me Only" appearance to every one else.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports Still no deal b/w #Titans & 1st rd pick Chance Warmack. Like others in top 10, offset language the holdup. 1st day on field a wk from 2day

What's the holdup?!
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Quote:

What's the holdup?!

Erm...

Quote:
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Quote:

What's the holdup?!

Erm...

Quote:

Forgive my ignorance here, but what do they mean by "offset language"?
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Quote:

What's the holdup?!

Erm...

Quote:

Forgive my ignorance here, but what do they mean by "offset language"?

Quote:

Thanks to the new CBA, first-round contracts are four-year deals with a fifth-year option for the team. That option must be picked up by the March following the player's third year. Once that is exercised, a player's fifth year of the contract (as much as $10 million) is guaranteed for injury. Essentially, teams will make decisions on their first-rounders after Year 3, determining whether or not they want to be on the hook for the remaining money.

But in the fourth year comes the debate over offset language. If there is offset language, it allows the team to save money when releasing a player. Let's say a first-rounder is due $2 million in his fourth year. If he's released, and then agrees to a $2 million deal with a new team, the original team is completely off the hook. He receives $2 million from his new club, and the team that drafted him washes its hands of the situation. If there is no offset language, the discarded player receives the guaranteed money from his original team and the full salary from his new team. The original team can't merely allow the new team to pay the remaining guaranteed money as part of the new deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a72b56/article/whats-the-holdup-for-top-picks-getting-signed-offset-language

Quote:
That is quite a bit to take in. What it means is that without offset language, a first-round draft choice that is released before his four-year deal is complete can sign another contract with a different team and still collect the remainder of his fully-guaranteed deal from the team that drafted him.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/7/18/4535700/offset-language-much-ado-about-nothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 20 of 62

Jump to: