Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

30th Anniversary of Joe Delaney's Death

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: 30th Anniversary of Joe Delaney's Death Reply with quote

It was 10 years before my time, but I'm sure everybody knows about the heroic actions of Joe Delaney. One summer day he was playing softball and heard a child yelling for help, his friends were stuck in a water hole. Delaney without even thinking dove in to try to save them even though he didn't know how to swim and drowned in the process.

Many say he would've had a bust in Canton and had great athletic talent, but he had an even bigger heart. RIP Joe Delaney.

http://youtu.be/p0QpXWQIApU
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 30th Anniversary of Joe Delaney's Death Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
It was 10 years before my time, but I'm sure everybody knows about the heroic actions of Joe Delaney. One summer day he was playing softball and heard a child yelling for help, his friends were stuck in a water hole. Delaney without even thinking dove in to try to save them even though he didn't know how to swim and drowned in the process.

Many say he would've had a bust in Canton and had great athletic talent, but he had an even bigger heart. RIP Joe Delaney.

http://youtu.be/p0QpXWQIApU

HoF is asking a lot, but he was Jamaal Charles fast, and maybe as good.

J

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never once in his short career did I see him veer out of bound to not take a hit. He continually put his head down and got you the extra 2-3 yards along the sidelines. BIG heart in many more ways than just football. This goes back quite a way, but he was a real life version of the cartoon character "Mighty Mouse". Now that really dates ME, but the idea is this.....he thought he was 215 lbs. and acted like it every time he touched the football, and he definitely had Charles' speed:wink:
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
Never once in his short career did I see him veer out of bound to not take a hit. He continually put his head down and got you the extra 2-3 yards along the sidelines. BIG heart in many more ways than just football. This goes back quite a way, but he was a real life version of the cartoon character "Mighty Mouse". Now that really dates ME, but the idea is this.....he thought he was 215 lbs. and acted like it every time he touched the football, and he definitely had Charles' speed:wink:

He may have been faster than Charles. He was on the National Champion 4x100 relay team. Regardless, they define homerun threat.

J

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: