Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Any thoughts about Josh Brent?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I understand very clearly. And you and I are on the same page in terms of wanting him gone. Your problem has always been your tunnel vision where if someone does not agree 100% with a claim then they are wrong. The team doesn't give a damn about what people on a forum say. They are honoring the request of a family that is likely still grieving. I want him gone, but I am in no rush that the team must act on my schedule.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Oh, I understand very clearly. And you and I are on the same page in terms of wanting him gone. Your problem has always been your tunnel vision where if someone does not agree 100% with a claim then they are wrong. The team doesn't give a damn about what people on a forum say. They are honoring the request of a family that is likely still grieving. I want him gone, but I am in no rush that the team must act on my schedule.

Again, you're missing the point. I am challenging the way the team is structured culturally, T_O7. As I said, had this team taken the steps to properly implement a zero tolerance policy like New England has, this would never have been an issue because it wouldn't have happened.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Again, you're missing the point. I am challenging the way the team is structured culturally, T_O7. As I said, had this team taken the steps to properly implement a zero tolerance policy like New England has, this would never have been an issue because it wouldn't have happened.

They didn't though. This team has shown a history of excusing actions, or did you forget the 90's? You can sit and pout about past actions for all you want. I am not going to stop you from spinning your wheels.

In Redball I Trust!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

They didn't though. This team has shown a history of excusing actions, or did you forget the 90's? You can sit and pout about past actions for all you want. I am not going to stop you from spinning your wheels.

I'm not pouting. I'm simply saying that it's the wrong thing to do because it creates the wrong kind of environment. It creates a sense of entitlement with the players because they're not held accountable for anything, and it bleeds into every facet of the organization, all the way down to the field when they play. It's a problem that should not be ignored.

Northland wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, since 2000 the Cowboys and Patriots - two organizations who are arguably ran very differently - have had the same number of arrests. In fact, you have to go through 2/3rds of the NFL before you get to the diseased culture of the Cowboys (and by proxy, the Patriots).

In Redball I Trust!
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I understand Jerry's reasoning for keeping Brent (unofficially) on the roster, I dont agree with it. Sure it's the human thing to do for Browns family. But, how many times is Brent going to take the generosity that the organization and the support that Browns family has shown him and he has taken that and spit it back in everyone's face!

I want this POS out of Dallas and away from this organization!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Interestingly enough, since 2000 the Cowboys and Patriots - two organizations who are arguably ran very differently - have had the same number of arrests. In fact, you have to go through 2/3rds of the NFL before you get to the diseased culture of the Cowboys (and by proxy, the Patriots).

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/6/29/4475560/where-are-arrests-happening-in-the-nfl-dallas-cowboys-aaron-hernandez-josh-brent

Bengals and Vikings have been busy with 40 arrests in that time frame. Wowzer!

What gets me is the extremely high numbers in the 3 slowest months of the year. Feb, May and June, followed by July. Guys are sitting idle at home with nothing to do but get in trouble with the millions (or thousands) of dollars that they have. You would think that the NFLPA would want to have these guys doing something other than sitting at home where they have a greater potential of getting into trouble. That's why I never understood the whole longer offseason (more days off) that the NFLPA insisted on in the new CBA. It's looks really bad on the players (and Union) part.

I hate this whole new lets coddle the players NFL! The union raped the NFL on that part of the negotiations.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimately, even the best laid plans can falter. Dallas took Hernandez off their board completely because of the character concerns. New England thought it would be a non-issue.

In Redball I Trust!
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
while I understand Jerry's reasoning for keeping Brent (unofficially) on the roster, I dont agree with it. Sure it's the human thing to do for Browns family. But, how many times is Brent going to take the generosity that the organization and the support that Browns family has shown him and he has taken that and spit it back in everyone's face!

I understood why Dallas kept him out of respect to Browns family, but this should have been enough for Dallas to give him his walking papers. (Just out of curiosity) Has he been suspended w/o pay by the league?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

I understood why Dallas kept him out of respect to Browns family, but this should have been enough for Dallas to give him his walking papers. (Just out of curiosity) Has he been suspended w/o pay by the league?

I don't believe so. I have a feeling the league is waiting for the legal system to work itself out first.

In Redball I Trust!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

I don't believe so. I have a feeling the league is waiting for the legal system to work itself out first.

And that's the right thing to do, in my opinion. The league should stay out of it snd let the team and the judicial system deal with this.

Northland wrote:
Kenny3000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
He should've been cut the moment the news came out about the accident. He deserves to be in prison, not coddled.
agreed 100%
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a morbid discussion; however, when Jerry Jones passes his son will assume power. Will the culture change under Stephen Jones?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: