Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFSEASON ROSTER SPECULATION

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catamount

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: OFFSEASON ROSTER SPECULATION Reply with quote

OFFENSE
LOCKS: 19 players

QB: Newton, Anderson (2)
RB: Williams, Stewart, Tolbert, Barner (4)
WR: Smith, Lafell, Hixon, Ginn (4)
TE: Olsen, Hartsock, Brockel (3)
OT: Gross, Bell (2)
OG: Silatolu, Kugbila, Hangartner (3)
OC: Kalil (1)

PROBABLE: 3 players
WR: Edwards (1)
OL: Campbell, G Williams (2)

The rest of the players on the team will be fighting for the remaining (estimated) 3 roster spots on offense. Key names are: Gettis, Adams, Pilares, Austin, Byers, Chandler, Rosario, Clausen.

PREDICTION: Pilares, Byers, Austin (3)

DEFENSE
LOCKS: 15 players

FS: Godfrey (1)
SS:
CB: Norman, Thomas, Munnerlyn (3)
WLB: Beason, Klein (2)
MLB: Kuechly, Blackburn (2)
SLB: Davis (1)
DE: Johnson, Hardy, Alexander (3)
NT: Lotulelei (1)
UT: Edwards, Short (2
)

PROBABLE: 4
CB: Moore, Florence (2)
LB: Senn (1)
NT: Cole (1)

That leaves at least 6 roster spots that are not decided. Key names are: Mitchell, DJ Campbell, Lester, Nakamura, Fua, Kearse, Addison, Williams, Melvin White, Jones.

PREDICITON:
SS: Lester, Nakamura, Mitchell
FS: White (undrafted CB)
DE: Addison
LB: J. Williams

PRACTICE SQUAD PREDICTION:
QB: Colby Cameron
RB: Tauren Poole
OT: Nate Chandler
WR: Dale Moss
DT: Linden Gaydosh
DE: Wes Horton
DE: Craig Roh
TE: Rosario

That took up about an hour of the offseason. have at it.
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Clausen stays. Unless we're that hard up for a roster spot, no reason to cut him. Won't save us a dime.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I actually think Clausen stays. Unless we're that hard up for a roster spot, no reason to cut him. Won't save us a dime.

You're right. But also consider that we cut Clausen, it allows us to keep a guy that might develop into something down the road. Maybe another WR, CB, S, etc. that could contribute in a couple of years.

We know Clausen has zero value and he's not going to play unless it's an extreme extreme circumstance. Make sense to give the spot to a guy that might actually contribute in another aspect of the game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
You're right. But also consider that we cut Clausen, it allows us to keep a guy that might develop into something down the road. Maybe another WR, CB, S, etc. that could contribute in a couple of years.

We know Clausen has zero value and he's not going to play unless it's an extreme extreme circumstance. Make sense to give the spot to a guy that might actually contribute in another aspect of the game.

There's a side to this though from Jerry's perspective. I think if he was going to get cut, it would have already happened to give him a shot to compete somewhere. As bad as he was in 2010, I don't think anyone could say he got a fair shake.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
boondock wrote:

There's a side to this though from Jerry's perspective. I think if he was going to get cut, it would have already happened to give him a shot to compete somewhere. As bad as he was in 2010, I don't think anyone could say he got a fair shake.

He didn't get a fair shake in 2010. Fox was a lame duck coach who threw Clausen to the wolves, I agree. However, if he was good as advertised, why have we signed Anderson the past 3 years to back up Cam? At some point you would have thought he would have showed enough improvement to either be traded for something or move up to that 2nd QB spot.

I don't think the mentality of the Panthers or any team in the league is to cut a guy so he can get a chance elsewhere. Teams keep and cut players based on what they are giving to the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's why I wonder what the heck is up with keeping Clausen.

What is he giving the team on a contract like his but at QB3 on the roster?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: