Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kluwe Watch: will his leg be bigger than his mouth?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
They cut Kluwe and kept clean-cut Jeff Locke (and they drafted Locke, not Brad Wing).

did anyone draft Brad Wing?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Krauser wrote:
They cut Kluwe and kept clean-cut Jeff Locke (and they drafted Locke, not Brad Wing).

did anyone draft Brad Wing?

UDFA to the Iggles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra point: Why, after eight solid seasons, was it time to let Chris Kluwe go? Priefer said he had met with Kluwe in both the 2011 and 2012 offseasons calling for greater consistency and productivity. At the end of last season, the special teams coach didn’t feel Kluwe had met the demands.

“We didn’t get the results we wanted. So we made a change,” Priefer said. “Nothing against Chris personally. That’s the NFL. You’re measured on productivity. If I don’t do my job there, I’m going to lose it. And in order for me to do my job better, I felt we needed an upgrade at that position.”

Priefer also felt an urge to plan ahead with the 2014 and 2015 seasons removing eight indoor contests from the Vikings’ schedule as they move home games to TCF Bank at the University of Minnesota.

“There has been a portrayal in the media that Chris and I were enemies,” Priefer said. “In my opinion, nothing could be further from the truth. I respect the guy. I think he’s done great things in this league. And I respect him for his views and opinions just as he think he respects me for mine. We just needed a change.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/211459091.html
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, Minnesotans! We had some good times together over the years, some fun memories, and I’m super-bummed out about having to leave the state.

When I first arrived in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, I walked out of the airport to a beat-up waiting Expedition with absolutely no idea what was in store for me.

I had just come from my rookie preseason in Seattle, where I thought I was going to be on the practice squad, and instead was informed I would be Minnesota’s starting punter going into Week One of the regular season.

I didn’t know anyone on the team. I didn’t know where anything was located. I didn’t even know who my coaches were, or that being claimed off waivers was actually a thing. The only thing I knew was that this was my chance, and I tried to make the most of it.

Eight and a half years later, I knew my coaches. I knew my teammates. I knew how to get around downtown Minneapolis, when to avoid the 35W/94 exchange, where to go for sushi, and Thai food, and steaks.

I knew friends, where they lived, what they liked to do, when we could hang out in between the busy days of the football season.

I knew that the hot summer thunderstorm months of June and July would gradually cool down to August’s brisk air, the leaves changing color as geese started appearing overhead. I knew that October and November would bring their puffy gray clouds, their flurries of snow, their cold mornings with delicate traceries of frost outlining each individual grass blade.

I knew that winter would come, and it wouldn’t leave for a while — the dreary months of January and February with the wind whipping through until I could feel my nose hairs freezing the instant I went outside and took a breath. The piled snowbanks that only seemed to grow larger, the stamping of boots anytime I had to go somewhere, the warmth of a lighted kitchen while muffled flakes gently drifted out of a dark sky.

I knew that the snow eventually did go away, even if it seemed to take forever, and that the muddy months of March and April would eventually break forth into thick green growth as the sun finally reappeared up above. I knew that these were actual seasons, so different than the eternal sunshine of Southern California, the place where I grew up and went to school.

And then, one day, I knew I had to leave. The team decided to move in a different direction. My services were no longer required, and such is the way of life in the NFL. I knew that my wife and I would have to pack up our house, bid farewell to our friends, prepare to leave behind the playset we had put into our backyard for our daughters — far too big to take back with us with its thick wood frame and plastic yellow slide. Our house had become a home over the years, and hopefully whoever takes it over treats it well.

I knew I would leave Minnesota with all the memories eight and a half years allows you to accumulate. The delicious meals at Spice Thai in Burnsville, where they knew my order before I would even place it. The music recorded at Flowers Studio in south Minneapolis with my band, long days spent trying to capture that elusive spark of creation. Anniversary filets at Manny’s, and birthday sushi at Seven — Christmas trips to the Mall of America searching for that one perfect gift. The sight of the city skyline in the distance as I would get on 35W from Savage, heading downtown to stay at the Hilton the night before a game, talking with the security guards as we took the elevator up to the team floor. Softball games, paintball matches, zoo trips and everything else.

I will miss all of that. I will miss my teammates, my friends, my house. I will miss Minnesota, a state I never even really thought about until I was informed that I would be working there. I will miss the fans, and how loud they made the Old Inflatable Toilet during key moments, sound echoing down from that dirty old roof (back before it collapsed) and deafening the other team.

I will miss everything, but I will remember it all, and no matter how it ended, I will treasure the time I got to spend in this fine state. I may have to look California now (and I gotta be honest, the winters are a lot better) but I’ll never forget feeling Minnesota.

Farewell.

Chris Kluwe

http://www.minnpost.com/sports/2013/06/super-bummed-chris-kluwes-farewell-i-ll-never-forget-feeling-minnesota

is this new, or a month old?

Think

Webmaster wrote:
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Inflatable toilet? LOL
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

is this new, or a month old?

Think

I don't know.

I guess you could say I'm Kluweless about these things.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fried of mine just finished his book, which he found entertaining, if not always agreeing with it.

I'll miss the guy....
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
A fried of mine just finished his book, which he found entertaining, if not always agreeing with it.

I'll miss the guy....

I'll miss the Kluwe the person. I really hope he does some radio or tv after his career is over. I won't miss Kluwe the Punter. Good player but his time was coming to an end anyways and the Vikings had the opportunity to take the best punter in the draft.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
I'll miss the guy....

what with the 24/7 media-entertainment world we live in now, we'll know every word he says at least.

Webmaster wrote:
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people want, and I recommend, look up Kluwe on Conan last night.

I won't post the link because there is a fair amount of filtered swearing in one of them.

wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
If people want, and I recommend, look up Kluwe on Conan last night.

I won't post the link because there is a fair amount of filtered swearing in one of them.

It was so good. The Hernandez joke was so perfectly timed. It even caught Conan off guard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: