Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where do you get your Brownie Bits?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 7 Receptions, 91 Yards (13.0 ypc), 1 TD
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Where do you get your Brownie Bits? Reply with quote

I've been reading a lot about the Browns for the past few years, but I want to know who your favorite writers/bloggers/radio hosts are. I'm trying to get some good reads, maybe find a new/better home for Browns news.

1. They don't have to always write about the Browns.
2. Do you like them because they boast/boost, or because they are fair?
3. Feel free to include your least favorites as well.

My least favorite atm: Jamison Hensley

He's just a turd, and I swear he doesn't even pay attention. I would think if you're blogging about an entire division, you might make more effectual reviews as opposed to it just being about wins and losses, which I do understand, but I dont wanna read it if it's just going to continually dump on the Browns, which is pretty much all he does.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally get more from online forums than normal media. My favorite is obviously this board, but I also read one other board pretty regularly. Unfortunately, most of the forums out there are filled with trolls and garbage.

I've read some decent blogs/articles at DawgsByNature and DraftBrowns. They tend to get a little deeper into some of the X's and O's, which I like.

The only normal media I follow with regularity is Vic Carucci. He toes the company line since he's an employee of the Browns, but his radio show is decent listening most of the time. He's been in the business a long time and has some good connections. He's normally upbeat, but not overly so, even though he's on the Browns payroll.

I can take some others in small doses, but generally, I get very little out of people like Grossi and Mary Kay, and most of the Cleveland sports radio talk makes me want to cut my ears off.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
I personally get more from online forums than normal media. My favorite is obviously this board, but I also read one other board pretty regularly. Unfortunately, most of the forums out there are filled with trolls and garbage.

I've read some decent blogs/articles at DawgsByNature and DraftBrowns. They tend to get a little deeper into some of the X's and O's, which I like.

The only normal media I follow with regularity is Vic Carucci. He toes the company line since he's an employee of the Browns, but his radio show is decent listening most of the time. He's been in the business a long time and has some good connections. He's normally upbeat, but not overly so, even though he's on the Browns payroll.

I can take some others in small doses, but generally, I get very little out of people like Grossi and Mary Kay, and most of the Cleveland sports radio talk makes me want to cut my ears off.

Grossi and Mary Kay are horrible

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
bulldog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

All this. I also check the twitter feeds for Ulrich. And doerschuk regularly.

I avoid espn and most other major media outlets.
pmk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Pluto's columns, he seems to be very level headed about things. DawgsByNature is my favorite blog, love how they go in depth on the technical stuff. Daniel Wolf seems very passionate about the Browns but also does a great job of maintaining an objective stance. I avoid all of the national outlets and rarely use twitter. I surf here and /r/Browns & /r/Nfl on reddit as well for fan reactions. You guys are obviously the best <3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just go to public unrinals to get all my news

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

Unfortunately the same is true everywhere as far as I can tell. Baltimore's sports radio was awful and DC's is in a constant battle between self pity and exaggerated confidence.

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 7 Receptions, 91 Yards (13.0 ypc), 1 TD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:

Grossi and Mary Kay are horrible

Oh yea, I pretty much stay away from them just based on the general consensus around here about their lack of actual journalism skills. And MKC is just flat out hard to read.

I do dig Dawgs By Nature, but of course this is usually my main source for Browns info and analysis, at least the spectrum is pretty broad, as far as opinions on the team from fans.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
I just go to public unrinals to get all my news

/slowclap

I go to the OBR aka cle.scout.com (linking feature not working for me for some reason, sorry people who are too lazy to copy and paste a link).

Been going there for my Browns news since '98. They do a pretty good job of aggregating other news outlets, as well as some quality original content.
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also visit the OBR on occasion. I avoid their forums though.

I used to pay for their subscription a few years ago. It was nice being able to sit in the chat rooms with guys like Lane Adkins and Fred Greetham. Brent Sobleski was also a major contributor there while I was a member and I still follow him on his twitter page. I love reading his stuff.

I would highly recomment bookmarking Sobo's twitter page.

https://twitter.com/brentsobleski

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: