Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bleacher Reprort: Dolphins have best Safety duo in the NFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperDolfan13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Bleacher Reprort: Dolphins have best Safety duo in the NFL Reply with quote

Matt Miller, a writer for bleacher report named Jones/Clemons the best safety duo in the NFL today. I was on the Dolphin's web page and they posted a link to this story: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1682779-the-top-5-nfl-teams-at-every-position/page/12

I think it is great that someone is giving our team this kind of recognition. To be honest I was surprised Seattle was not #1. Honestly I did not think that Miami would have that kind of a ranking because of Clemons. He is not a name NFL fans know. No ESPN analyst is saying that opposing offenses need to game plan for Clemons. Clemons seems to be quietly making things happen for us. I remember some time ago during this past season someone had posted some stats on Clemons that were pretty great. Clemons seems to fit the roll of unsung hero, I suppose. Jones is a great talent who I am very excited about, because I feel like he has yet to peak. We all know that he is very talented. I do not know much about Matt Miller but let's hope he is right about us having the best safeties!

^Props to Waldo
"So the last shall be first, and first shall be last." Matthew 20:16
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston may have the best duo, but ours are pretty darn good themselves. And both were 3rd day picks.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFT named Clemons the Dolphins' "unsung hero" last season and I agree. Nobody will mistake him for a flashy, ball hawking or big hit delivering FS. But he gets the damn job done and does his job well, and is a HUGE reason Jones was able to fee-lance so much last season and make the big plays.

Clemons may not have a lot of dunks, but he's got the assists.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coyle's system always makes safeties look better!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Coyle's system always makes safeties look better!

100% true

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this article from one year ago...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1181174-can-kevin-coyle-solve-the-miami-dolphins-safety-problem

Quote:
Many 'Fins fans remember Gibril Wilson, the hard-hitting safety signed to a huge five-year, $27.5 million deal with the Dolphins in February 2009. Wilson turned into a massive disappointment, with mediocre play combined with an inflated salary leading to him being a whipping boy for the fanbase. Miami released him after one season and zero interceptions.

After being cut, Wilson landed in Cincinnati to serve in a backup role for the Bengals. There, he would join fellow castoffs Kelly Jennings, Adam 'Pacman' Jones, Reggie Nelson, Nate Clements, Taylor Mays and Chris Crocker in the Bengals' defensive backfield.

Wilson and this Bengals secondary was a part of a defense that ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in passing yards allowed, passing TDs allowed and average yards allowed per attempt last season.

Isn't it funny that just a year ago Bleacher Report was saying we had nobody at safety and almost exactly one year later we have the best duo in the NFL? The only change? Coyle!!

Last edited by bpastermack on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
patdt13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk if we have the top Safety Duo. Maybe top 5. I think the Seahawks is number 1.

#TeamMeowgatron
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW .. most of those lists were terrible. The Seahawks are disgustingly overrated. HA I laugh at Russell Wilson as a top 5 QB. I can't wait to see the overrated pile of crap that is Suck-attle Stinkhawks crash and burn.

FF Member #67
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't argue putting Miami in the top 5 safety duos. I've argued before that they should be up there, but number one is laughable.

Most of his rankings are pretty bad tbh.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: