Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vontae Leach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we bring Leach into the fold?
Yay
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
Nay
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 28

DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be surprised if we cut Kuhn. I think he finishes his contract and is either not retained or takes a massive pay cut on the next contract.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I'll be surprised if we cut Kuhn. I think he finishes his contract and is either not retained or takes a massive pay cut on the next contract.

Yeah he strikes me kinda like an offensive version of Hawk. Fans will always complain because he's not flashy or "a playmaker", but he's solid, reliable, durable, and can be trusted completely to pull off any role within his skill set. There is no way at all he's going anywhere this year, and I think the odds are better he gets resigned than most of what it seems like around here.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Yeah he strikes me kinda like an offensive version of Hawk. Fans will always complain because he's not flashy or "a playmaker", but he's solid, reliable, durable, and can be trusted completely to pull off any role within his skill set. There is no way at all he's going anywhere this year, and I think the odds are better he gets resigned than most of what it seems like around here.

I would say that is a good comparison for Kuhn, although I still argue about Hawk anyway. Got the chance to watch him from our coach after he spent a day with Dom and Bryce Paup in GB. Hawk's in there because he's smart and assignment sure, he gets everyone out there and makes the right calls, which was something Burnett couldn't do. However when it comes to in the in-play execution, AJ just doesn't do it, he's worth that new contract because of his knowledge of our defense, but a very replaceable player in the future. Kuhn I would say is tougher to replace, very niche position, we may just write it out of the offense and not replace him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Kuhn I would say is tougher to replace, very niche position, we may just write it out of the offense and not replace him.

Personally I think he is just going to be replaced by Lacy or Franklin. Kuhn is out there in single back offenses only because he can pass block, and that is something that hurts our offense. Lacy has potential to be an excellent RB at picking up the blitz and if he does, that makes our offense much more lethal because he can run the ball unlike Kuhn.

We will still need a lead blocker for I-formation/etc. Leach knows the ZBS very well also - but I think the whole crux of the situation with signing Leach is the fact we can't rely on the rookies to pick up pass blocking right away.

Sig brought to you by Justo
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think if we move in a different direction at FB, it will be more of an h-back like Bostick or DJ Wolliams. It will also likely be for less money. Both of these factors probably rule out Leach.

[edit] look at that typo of "Williams!" Haha!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
valpoPackers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get rid of Kuhn, the first order of business would be to sign a player with a strong 'oooo' pronunciation in his name. Not quite sure moving Brett Goode to Tight End would suffice, but it's worth a try.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valpoPackers wrote:
If we get rid of Kuhn, the first order of business would be to sign a player with a strong 'oooo' pronunciation in his name. Not quite sure moving Brett Goode to Tight End would suffice, but it's worth a try.

Or we could just have whomever plays FB for us change his family name to Kuhn as part of his contract. Kuhn forever!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:
justo wrote:
When Lorenzo Neal joined the Chargers he was older than Leach is now. I'm for bringing Leach in. Kuhn isn't a better pass threat than five players we already have on the field (Lacy takes him out in 1 back shotguns sets, IMO) and Leach is a better blocker. If we get him for 6M for 3 years we'd only be paying like 450,000 more this year on the FB position if we cut Kuhn (doubt we'd keep two FB's on the roster). I'd give up 450,000 for 3 years of an elite blocking FB>one year of Kuhn

Do you recall why Leach left GB initially? He was terrible catching the ball, beyond awful. He has certainly improved in that area, but enough to be better at it than Kuhn?

Factor in everything else and it seems unlikely to happen.

Love your avatar of Arnie Herber!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

Glad to hear it!

I actually like the Isbell avatar better, but Heber turned out well enough to use it for a while.

Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dijatool wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Glad to hear it!

I actually like the Isbell avatar better, but Heber turned out well enough to use it for a while.

Do show us the Isbell one. That might be better than the one I'm currently using. I use a Hutson photo on other forums that allow folks to upload pics off their desktops. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If cheap then I would think about it, but with the talent that we have I want Finley, Cobb, Jones, Jordy and one of the new running backs in as much as possible. Hit em with the hurry up offense and attack mismatches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: