Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout Players: Who will they be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Barnidge is more likely to play well than Davis but who knows.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
DawgX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have more than one player for each category? Well, if not... too bad. Razz

1. Tashaun Gipson, FS - It seems like a lot of people on here are high on him. I'm not so sure about him but I think he has a chance since there's not much competition at FS. He now has a year of experience under his belt and he's working with a great coordinator who used to coach defensive backs.

2. James-Michael Johnson, LB; Jabaal Sheard, LB; John Greco, OG

JMJ is probably the favorite to start at ILB next to Jackson. I like Robertson but I'm not sure if he's an ideal fit to start in the 3-4. JMJ looked solid at times but didn't get that many chances due to injuries.

Sheard had a bit of a disappointing season last year so that's why I put him on the list. He should be extremely motivated since Mingo was brought in and if Sheard doesn't play well, then he might not remain a starter for long. Some (including myself) question how his game will translate into the 3-4, but there were some people who thought he was a good fit for the 3-4 when he entered the league. Hopefully that is the case and he can rack up 10+ sacks.

I thought Greco was very solid last year but it doesn't seem like many people give him much credit. If he plays like he did when he replaced Pinkston, then the running game should be much improved.

I could have said Little as well even though he started to redeem himself in the second half of last season. He still needs to prove that he can play well on a consistent basis, though.

3. Josh Gordon, WR; T.J. Ward, S; Trent Richardson, RB

Gordon had a great rookie year so I'm very excited to see how he does considering he now has some experience after coming into the league as a very raw player. Chud and Turner's offensive scheme should suit him well.

I'm not sure if Ward will ever be particularly good in coverage, but if anyone is going to get the best out of Ward, I think it's Ray Horton.

As long as Richardson stays healthy and the run-blocking improves, which it should with Greco being penciled in as a starter, then this could be the year where Richardson starts playing like the dominant running back he was supposed to become. He showed flashes of dominance last year, but injuries and poor run-blocking prevented him from playing at a high level on a consistent basis.

Smack on the sig.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
1. Surprise starter
kellen davis. lowers the drops and beats out jordan cameron. i have absolutely no reasons why he'll be good i just have a good feeling about him.

2. Redemption player
weeden. because he has to be or he's gone. i expect 25 td and 15 ints.

3. Emerging star
TJ ward. hortons D will make him shine and turn him into a pro bowler

I definitely like your choices for 2 and 3. I'll do mine later when I have time to type more, but there's a good chance I choose Weeden and Ward like you did.

Now, Kellen Davis... that's bold. He may be more likely to be cut then start. He's probably the only FA signing that I truly hated, but I'm ready to be wrong.

My reason for Davis is because he's a huge red zone threat. And if anyone in the world can teach him to catch and be a good TE it's chud and norv. Camron is so raw and I don't think he can stay healthy. But like I said I just have a good feeling about him with no real explanations
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I think Barnidge is more likely to play well than Davis but who knows.

Yeah, if these tweets from OTA's are anywhere near accurate it would seem as though Barnidge is here to compete.

It seems as though he's making a really nice play or two every practice.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 bademosi excellent measurables 2 years in the league great intelligence.
2benjamin look for 36 receptions and 800 yards.
3 mack goes to the pro bowl I heard banner offered him 5 million for 3 years to extend his contract.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Breakout Players: Who will they be? Reply with quote

I was thinking about this topic for a while and just havent been able to post my response....and why....but here goes...based of the crit....

1. Surprise starter
Tevin Wade 5'10 195lbs CB 7th Round AzSt.
Was a late round pick last year....looked good in the preseason, and didnt look lost when forced into action late....Skrine has the athletic advantage and our new 3rd round pick has the draft status....but when the pads are on in training camp, I say the surprise starter across from Hayden is Mr. Wade

2. Redemption player
Had to freak this one a little bit....Monterio Hardesty...He's not going to be a full time starter this season...but I say for some reason, he starts 2-3 games this season..he also finally solidifies himself as the #2 behind TR as well as the 3rd down back. Finishes the year with right at 450 rushing yards and another 350 receiving....(in the two starts he goes for 107 and 121)

3. Emerging star
Mitchell Scwartz....our 2nd round pick last year.....played better and better and better as the year went on....I think with the year our backfield will have, he gets tabbed as a top young RT to bookend with Old Faithful at LT. Show's he's a dominant RT in this leauge.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
3 mack goes to the pro bowl I heard banner offered him 5 million for 3 years to extend his contract.

I like Benji's speed and athleticism but I think his real asset to the team will be returning rather than receiving. I won't be surprised if he's pretty quiet in the offense.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Breakout Players: Who will they be? Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
1. Surprise starter
Tevin Wade 5'10 195lbs CB 7th Round AzSt.
Was a late round pick last year....looked good in the preseason, and didnt look lost when forced into action late....Skrine has the athletic advantage and our new 3rd round pick has the draft status....but when the pads are on in training camp, I say the surprise starter across from Hayden is Mr. Wade .

That's an interesting pick. I remember really liking that draft pick at the time. At one point in his collegiate career, he was considered a possible 2nd or 3rd-round pick but, IIRC, he struggled somewhat his last year at Arizona and thus his draft stock fell. I remember him looking pretty solid at times in preseason, but he didn't look good at all during the rare times he was given playing time in the regular season (not surprising that he did considering he was a rookie chosen late in the draft). I think it's very possible that he improves, though. I won't count on him becoming a good starter, especially this year, but I think it's possible. And it's even more possible that he contributes in the future somehow, even if it's not as a starter.

Smack on the sig.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

I like Benji's speed and athleticism but I think his real asset to the team will be returning rather than receiving. I won't be surprised if he's pretty quiet in the offense.
we play some pretty weak secondaries with benji as a fourth option going one on one verses nickel and dime can you say break out.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized that I never contributed to my own thread.

1. Surprise starter: Gary Barnridge
I'd love to be wrong about Jordan Cameron, but time is running out on him. You only get to be a project for so long until it's go time. Barnridge was stuck behind Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey in Carolina. There are no such road blocks in Cleveland. Barnridge has a legit shot to not only start, but to put up more than respectable stats.

2. Redemption player: Buster Skrine
Most of the hate directed at Skrine was warranted, but some of it was bad luck. There were times when he looked downright impressive, and if the light goes on (from a technique standpoint) I could see a big step forward for him. God knows we need him.

3. Emerging star: T.J. Ward
Toughest one for me to narrow down. Every time I watch him, he seems to cover so much more ground than I thought he could. He truly is all over the field at times. I have high hopes for him in Horton's scheme, and he will be one of the biggest beneficiaries of our improved pass rush.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: