Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We got Jennings!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread isn't about Wallace, nor is it about Ponder.

Please return the discussion to Greg Jennings.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings: "My wife Nicole and I met in elementary school. We went to the same middle school, and the connection grew from there and the relationship blossomed. We got together after we graduated high school, but everyone knew she was mine and I was hers."

"As my wife would like to put it, I'm a perfectionist. But I'm working on that. I'm going more for excellence than perfection. Perfection can get you in trouble. You don't know when you're trying to mold someone into perfection. You can put stress on them. I feel great about the Vikings. I feel we have something very special, a unique dynamic to make that special run."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23512358/vikings-greg-jennings-im-perfectionist-but-im-working

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings sure brings a lot of positive energy to the passing game, which for a young QB and a young receiving corps, it is a welcomed sign. Positive energy from the top WR is certainly a blessing for this offense, and is something the team has lacked for awhile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ the interview with him points out his first love was basketball, and he wanted to go pro there. but decided on football instead.

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
^ the interview with him points out his first love was basketball, and he wanted to go pro there. but decided on football instead.

Probably a good decision, i dont follow basketball but i cant imagine there being many shorter then 6 ft players that are successful.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy is a breath of fresh air. He effortlessly promotes himself and those around him so genuinely. We havent had that personality from the WR position.

There is no reason to believe that he won't have an impact on the field. Mix that with our other guys and it takes them all to the next level. Knowledge, ability, and credibility. I am thankful we didnt sign Wallace. The chemistry with our offense is so much better now. You can't enjoy chemistry without explosion and CP brings that. Tempered with Jennings you get magic. Run ablaze with Harvin you get drama. Things worked out so well.

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the new contract extension agreed to by Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz is worth $43 million for the five new years of the deal, on top of the $2.987 million he was scheduled to make this year as a restricted free agent. The deal also reportedly includes $15.6 million in guarantees.

While a strong showing for Cruz, six years at roughly $46 million falls well short of what Cruz was hoping for early in the process.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/08/cruz-gets-15-6-million-guarantees-in-new-deal/

i don't even remember what we are paying/guaranteeing Jennings, how does this contract compare?

Webmaster wrote:
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the new contract extension agreed to by Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz is worth $43 million for the five new years of the deal, on top of the $2.987 million he was scheduled to make this year as a restricted free agent. The deal also reportedly includes $15.6 million in guarantees.

While a strong showing for Cruz, six years at roughly $46 million falls well short of what Cruz was hoping for early in the process.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/08/cruz-gets-15-6-million-guarantees-in-new-deal/

i don't even remember what we are paying/guaranteeing Jennings, how does this contract compare?

Harvin got a much better deal. Giants got a steal

I think Jennings is getting like 20+ his first 3 years with us.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Allen: "Greg speaks for himself. Youíve seen what heís done against us since Iíve been here. Greg has the uncanny ability to turn a three-yard hitch into a 75-yard touchdown. I donít know how he does it. Greg will be huge and Greg is the ultimate pro; heíll help the young guys in Patterson and stuff like that."

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Jared-Allen-Talks-Shoulder-Rehab-Possible-Contract-Extension-Expectations-For-Ponder-and-More/fbd1e0a8-57be-4153-81d0-ef03d9fc87b4

Webmaster wrote:
byuvike88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9482929/greg-jennings-minnesota-vikings-says-was-leave-green-bay-packers

This is a very cool video of Greg Jennings talking about joining the Vikings. I love how he defends Christian Ponder. I think his ability on the field combined with his attitude towards Ponder will give Ponder a ton of confidence!
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9482929/greg-jennings-minnesota-vikings-says-was-leave-green-bay-packers

This is a very cool video of Greg Jennings talking about joining the Vikings. I love how he defends Christian Ponder. I think his ability on the field combined with his attitude towards Ponder will give Ponder a ton of confidence!

Wow. That was all class by Jennings. I know he will fight on the field. He's 100% on board with us. I love it.

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%. He is a great pick up!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings: "I expect nothing but greatness [for the 2013 Vikings.] When you see what they were able to do last year, with the guys they had on that team. You saw a team that believed in one another, that believed that they could get it done, that were disappointed when they lost to us in that playoff game. When I'm there now I look at a group of guys that have that hunger, that have that desire."

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=11491457#ixzz2ZOsETqJc

Webmaster wrote:
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings just speaks so well. He's a very intelligent man. On and off the field.

I just love this signing more and more. I hope we can get him at least one more ring.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
usdvikes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve just likes his short hair Laughing

Greg has always been one of the Packers that I really hate the fact that he was a Packer. I don't know how anyone can not like the guy. He is a good player on top of having an attitude that is very rare, which combine to make a product that is greater than the sum of its parts. I am extremely excited to see what he can bring to this team in the games and years to come.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: