Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin vs. Russell Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better player?
Percy Harvin
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Russell Wilson
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 22

clubmember

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like both of these players are way too low on this list. This list will look pretty stupid with the benefit of hindsight IMO.

#JDI
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clubmember wrote:
I feel like both of these players are way too low on this list. This list will look pretty stupid with the benefit of hindsight IMO.

That wouldn't really surprise me. If I had to do a projections list, my order would probably go like this (obviously this is hoping/assuming everyone stays healthy):

1. Richard Sherman
2. Russell Wilson
3. Russell Okung
4. Percy Harvin
5. Earl Thomas
6. Marshawn Lynch
7. Max Unger

Just for guys that have been brought up so far. Bobby Wagner could easily sneak his way on there as well.

Also, imani, for the next player poll you should include Winfield if he's not already an option. He's definitely nearing his place on this list.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
silus wrote:
Without Harvin the expectations for the Seahawks would be no different. The answer is Russell Wilson and it's not even close.

Those are two different questions. Is Wilson more valuable than Harvin? Absolutely, no debate. But who's the better player at their position so far?

I'll say Harvin. I still want to see more of a sample size from Russ and Harvin has pretty much shown every time he's touched the field that he's one of the most dynamic, explosive mismatch players in this league. But as others have said, I don't have an issue with either guy getting it here. I can understand the infatuation for the QB position and a "home-grown" product.

Yup. If you were to compare rookie percy vs rookie Wilson, I think Wilson would be better.

"We all we got, we all we need"
clubmember

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
clubmember wrote:

That wouldn't really surprise me. If I had to do a projections list, my order would probably go like this (obviously this is hoping/assuming everyone stays healthy):

1. Richard Sherman
2. Russell Wilson
3. Russell Okung
4. Percy Harvin
5. Earl Thomas
6. Marshawn Lynch
7. Max Unger

Just for guys that have been brought up so far. Bobby Wagner could easily sneak his way on there as well.

Also, imani, for the next player poll you should include Winfield if he's not already an option. He's definitely nearing his place on this list.

That's a pretty good list. I think it speaks volumes how low Thomas is on there, despite being arguably the best safety in the NFL. We are darn talented.

BTW, love your sig. Dizzy Wright is dope.

#JDI
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clubmember wrote:
SoS wrote:
clubmember wrote:

1. Richard Sherman
2. Russell Wilson
3. Russell Okung
4. Percy Harvin
5. Earl Thomas
6. Marshawn Lynch
7. Max Unger

That's a pretty good list. I think it speaks volumes how low Thomas is on there, despite being arguably the best safety in the NFL. We are darn talented.

BTW, love your sig. Dizzy Wright is dope.

It really does. Earl would be the #1 on quite a few teams. It's not easy for me to put he and Lynch that low, but that's the reality of it.

And yes! By far my favorite rapper today. Mr. Green
silus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
silus wrote:
Without Harvin the expectations for the Seahawks would be no different. The answer is Russell Wilson and it's not even close.

Those are two different questions. Is Wilson more valuable than Harvin? Absolutely, no debate. But who's the better player at their position so far?

I'll say Harvin. I still want to see more of a sample size from Russ and Harvin has pretty much shown every time he's touched the field that he's one of the most dynamic, explosive mismatch players in this league. But as others have said, I don't have an issue with either guy getting it here. I can understand the infatuation for the QB position and a "home-grown" product.

The better player at their position? Well, considering Harvin doesn't even have a clearly identified position... Is he a better running back than RW is a QB? No. Is he a better WR than RW is a QB? I would say no just based on how little he receives the ball in traditional running routes, and how RW has no holes at the QB position. He is probably a better kick returner, but that position isn't even allowed into this type of comparison.
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
SoS wrote:
silus wrote:

The better player at their position? Well, considering Harvin doesn't even have a clearly identified position... Is he a better running back than RW is a QB? No. Is he a better WR than RW is a QB? I would say no just based on how little he receives the ball in traditional running routes, and how RW has no holes at the QB position. He is probably a better kick returner, but that position isn't even allowed into this type of comparison.

As far as I'm concerned, Harvin's position is as a weapon. When I'm scouting, I mark these players with an "X", but that doesn't mean they don't have a position. It just means that they are dynamic enough to effect the game from multiple areas. Not sure why you're trying to downplay that as being less valuable.

As an X, Harvin is better at what he does at this point than Wilson is. I know you're absolutely against the Harvin acquisition, but to try and discredit him for not fitting your cookie cutter perception of what a WR should be is silly. He's an animal and I really cannot wait for the 2013 season to get here so you can see for yourself what he'll do for this offense.
silus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
silus wrote:
SoS wrote:
silus wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, Harvin's position is as a weapon. When I'm scouting, I mark these players with an "X", but that doesn't mean they don't have a position. It just means that they are dynamic enough to effect the game from multiple areas. Not sure why you're trying to downplay that as being less valuable.

As an X, Harvin is better at what he does at this point than Wilson is. I know you're absolutely against the Harvin acquisition, but to try and discredit him for not fitting your cookie cutter perception of what a WR should be is silly. He's an animal and I really cannot wait for the 2013 season to get here so you can see for yourself what he'll do for this offense.

So i'm discrediting him because I think Russell Wilson is the better player? Rolling Eyes

You are so far off on this argument it's hard to take you seriously. If you think Harvin is the better player you have no idea what RW brings to the table.
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? I never even said that. This is exactly what I said.

Quote:
I know you're absolutely against the Harvin acquisition, but to try and discredit him for not fitting your cookie cutter perception of what a WR should be is silly.

And this is part of the reason we post on this forum. To express our opinions. Rather than simply telling me I'm so far off and I have no idea what Wilson brings to the table, how about bringing something tangible and objective to the table to defend your position.
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Better Player" = Percy Harvin

"Better Leader" = Russell Wilson

"Better player that gives this team the best chance to win" = Russell Wilson

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: