Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arsenal Football Club Part IV: Top of the table!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankee0724

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I would take Illarramendi over Fellaini.

They have different games, but I really think Illarramendi alongside Arteta and Wilshere in the midfield is one that can really function as a triple pivot in the middle, can play a 2-1 or a 1-2 triangle at any stage of the game with any of the three more advanced and any of the three deeper.

Some would like a more robust defensive guy, but I don't really see one out that who also provides the passing game that we really need out of our deeper midfielder.

Once again,

yankee0724 wrote:
Stay away from Sociedad players.

That goes for every club in the world.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

They have different games, but I really think Illarramendi alongside Arteta and Wilshere in the midfield is one that can really function as a triple pivot in the middle, can play a 2-1 or a 1-2 triangle at any stage of the game with any of the three more advanced and any of the three deeper.

Some would like a more robust defensive guy, but I don't really see one out that who also provides the passing game that we really need out of our deeper midfielder.

I don't disagree with you khodder. But let me try to make my point anyways.

AW is always talking in post-match interviews about how the team is always missing Diaby because he provides the midfield with size and an intimidating presence when present. Factor in his technical skill and you have yourself a fabulous fit when healthy - which is sadly never.

Nonetheless, the above leads me to believe that the boss is looking for more of a bigger presence to add in the midfield should he decide to add a DM this transfer window. Fellaini certainly fits the billing there given his gargantuan stature although I do agree that he is not quite up to par to fit in with Arsenal's brand of football. Illarramendi certainly does but by the same token he is also on the smaller side, so I'm not sure if he is quite what Wenger has in mind. I am happy to see us linked with so many possible options though.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are always linked with players, never sign any.

A big burly DM with some technical ability is what the doctor ordered.

Fellaini, Strootman etc

Beginning to think it wont happen.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
We are always linked with players, never sign any.

A big burly DM with some technical ability is what the doctor ordered.

Fellaini, Strootman etc

Beginning to think it wont happen.

Yeah - watch us sign M'Vila after 3 years of the deal being "imminent" and "all but done". Fellani is probably a bit too expensive but there are options out there. Wouldn't mind Illarramendi at all because he could basically come in and immediately rotate with Arteta/Ramsey/Wilshere. Same goes for Lars Bender or Wanyama but all signs point to Wanyama going to a more mid-table club.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Inigo Martinez either. Not that we've been linked to him, but he's that sort DLM/CB hybrid that we would benefit from... at least until Barca comes telling us we're holding him hostage (even though he's Basque and not Catalan).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

READ MY POST AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. I DONT WANT TO REMIBD YOU GUYS AGAIN.

Quote:
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
khodder wrote:

I don't disagree with you khodder. But let me try to make my point anyways.

AW is always talking in post-match interviews about how the team is always missing Diaby because he provides the midfield with size and an intimidating presence when present. Factor in his technical skill and you have yourself a fabulous fit when healthy - which is sadly never.

Nonetheless, the above leads me to believe that the boss is looking for more of a bigger presence to add in the midfield should he decide to add a DM this transfer window. Fellaini certainly fits the billing there given his gargantuan stature although I do agree that he is not quite up to par to fit in with Arsenal's brand of football. Illarramendi certainly does but by the same token he is also on the smaller side, so I'm not sure if he is quite what Wenger has in mind. I am happy to see us linked with so many possible options though.

Gonalons strikes me more as Wenger's cup of tea, has experience playing against the level of competition Arsenal face regularly (played against Tottenham twice in Europa last season, against Ajax and Real Madrid in Champion League the season prior, and Schalke, Benfica, and Real Madrid the year prior to that), and while Lyon has been adamant they have no intention of selling their captain - they're not exactly in the most friendly of financial situations and Gonalons is going to have a lot more appeal to clubs for purchase than out-of-form and too often injured Gourcuff.

Though with that in mind, watch Wenger go out and sign Gourcuff after so long being tied to him for transfer interest by the press. Lyon would be want to unload his 80k/wk wages.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys want Antoine Griezmann? I think he will really help your attacking options up top.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
Do you guys want Antoine Griezmann? I think he will really help your attacking options up top.

You're intentionally trolling me now, aren't you?

Quote:
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
dotmotion wrote:

What's the logic behind avoiding Sociedad players? I know Carlos Vela wasn't a big hit in the EPL but did well there - Arsenal have a buyback option on him but he wants to stay (not sure that's the answer anyway since he really only played in the League Cup/CL Group stages) It just seems like a massive generalization.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
dotmotion wrote:

What's the logic behind avoiding Sociedad players? I know Carlos Vela wasn't a big hit in the EPL but did well there - Arsenal have a buyback option on him but he wants to stay (not sure that's the answer anyway since he really only played in the League Cup/CL Group stages) It just seems like a massive generalization.

I just want them to stay together. They were my favorite team to watch outside of Barca last season and I think it'd be a shame if they started to get picked apart.

Quote:
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
dotmotion wrote:

I just want them to stay together. They were my favorite team to watch outside of Barca last season and I think it'd be a shame if they started to get picked apart.

Ah - I know what you mean but that's just kind of the way it is these days. If they can keep at least a core of players together then they should be okay; with CL that should at least give them some leverage. As a player though, do you think Illaramendi would be a good fit for Arsenal? A lot of people are saying that he's not defensive enough, not the player we need etc. but I would imagine they haven't watched much of him so they're going off of YouTube compliations. We've done well enough with Arteta (lowest goal's allowed in years) so a CM can suit us - however someone a bit younger/more mobile is needed to give Arteta a breather and ultimately replace him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
dotmotion wrote:

Ah - I know what you mean but that's just kind of the way it is these days. If they can keep at least a core of players together then they should be okay; with CL that should at least give them some leverage. As a player though, do you think Illaramendi would be a good fit for Arsenal? A lot of people are saying that he's not defensive enough, not the player we need etc. but I would imagine they haven't watched much of him so they're going off of YouTube compliations. We've done well enough with Arteta (lowest goal's allowed in years) so a CM can suit us - however someone a bit younger/more mobile is needed to give Arteta a breather and ultimately replace him.

Illara's like a lesser Xabi Alonso, but more defensively minded.

Quote:
amac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think we should go for Agirretxe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to dig too far into the bin bag for transfer rumors but Fellani and Arteta are on holiday together and some girl met him last night and posted a pic on Twitter - said in the description that she asked if he was going to join Arsenal and he told her "I hope so".

Basically the only thing I've been hearing is that it's more a contract thing than a price - he wants more than 70k/week but some sources saying we're going to revisit it since the initial Sky article saying it was possible. The source is only Goal.com though so who knows.

Not gonna get up in arms over Fellani - he'd be a good player to have but there are plenty of suitable ones out there. So long as it doesn't drag on through July/August I'll be happy.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 90 of 99

Jump to: