Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTAs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if all these QB-injury speculations prove true maybe we'll have Russell back here before the seasons over (on veteran minimum) to finally repay his dues
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
if all these QB-injury speculations prove true maybe we'll have Russell back here before the seasons over (on veteran minimum) to finally repay his dues

If it happens, it happens. Reggie McKenzie will do whatever he believes is best for the team. If it involves picking up Russell, then it's going to be because Russell's mentality has literally flipped in it's entirety.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

If it happens, it happens. Reggie McKenzie will do whatever he believes is best for the team. If it involves picking up Russell, then it's going to be because Russell's mentality has literally flipped in it's entirety.

Didn't know you where his shrink. Morbidly fat guy loses a lot of weight and now that = a total mentality change. More like the $$ ran out and he needs to pretend to care to get back on that gravy train.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:

You're insane dude. Russell will never, ever, ever, ever wear out team's colors again. Come the hell on......

PM sig requests.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

Didn't know you where his shrink. Morbidly fat guy loses a lot of weight and now that = a total mentality change. More like the $$ ran out and he needs to pretend to care to get back on that gravy train.

I never said his mentality changed, I said that if he were to be signed it would be in part because RM felt that it had. I know that it's not enough that he lost 50 lbs. I was trying to say that if he were to be signed, that it would also require a change in the way he conducts himself outside of the gym as well.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/6/21/4452476/rookie-tyler-wilson-on-oakland-raiders-wild-fans-adjusting-to-nfl

TWilly video.

He has ZERO swag. But I like how he goes out of his way not to. Just funny to me. Laughing

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/6/21/4452476/rookie-tyler-wilson-on-oakland-raiders-wild-fans-adjusting-to-nfl

TWilly video.

He has ZERO swag. But I like how he goes out of his way not to. Just funny to me. Laughing

Being Cousin Eddie from the Vacation movies is pretty swag in my book.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

TWilly video.

Being Cousin Eddie from the Vacation movies is pretty swag in my book.

He really does bear somewhat of a physical resemblence to Randy Quaid, good eye
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the Hell is going on in Oakland with the RBs and WRs having foot issues.

The Contra Costa Times reports that Raiders rookie running back Latavius Murray remains sidelined during minicamp with a sore foot. Murray, a sixth-round pick from Central Florida, is competing with Rashad Jennings to be the No. 2 running back in Oakland behind Darren McFadden.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

I never said his mentality changed, I said that if he were to be signed it would be in part because RM felt that it had. I know that it's not enough that he lost 50 lbs. I was trying to say that if he were to be signed, that it would also require a change in the way he conducts himself outside of the gym as well.

Fair enough, my mistaken interpretation. I agree that if he does sign (he won't) Reggie will have to be convinced.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter the Russell hate I bet it would sell seats.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

I think the opposite. Russell is possibly the most hated person in team history. The only way Raiders fans would pay to see him is if he were playing for an opponent so they could watch him get creamed and throw picks.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

I think the opposite. Russell is possibly the most hated person in team history. The only way Raiders fans would pay to see him is if he were playing for an opponent so they could watch him get creamed and throw picks or if he paid for everyones ticket, beer and food for 3 games.

fify

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:

another reason i like tp. cause behind this line most of our qbs will get injured esp with a new system and new faces imo it will be another ugly season. at least tp can improvise and run for his life effectively when plays break down.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

another reason i like tp. cause behind this line most of our qbs will get injured esp with a new system and new faces imo it will be another ugly season. at least tp can play Tebow-ball by patting the ball until pass rushers create running lanes or throw rainbow at the sidelines when they play contain.

FIFY

Imvho, these following things led to the mounting Oakland QB injuries:
1) A porous OL highlighted by especially poor OT play
2) QB's with slow releases or elongated throwing motions
3) Vertical offense which requires holding blocks longer (Think Mike Martz getting QBs killed)

A WCO which shortens patterns and gets rid of the ball quickly can remedy a porous OL and help a QB with a slow release get rid of the ball quicker. A WCO QB doesn't need a big arm if he is accurate and makes good decisions (can read defenses). I believe that Flynn and Wilson are prototypical WCO QBs. However, Moore looked lost in a WCO last season.

My primary concern about Flynn is that if he has chronic tendonitis he won't make it the entire season. If Pryor is thrust into action the offense will stall as soon as opponents deploy a contain defense AKA "The Vince Young defense". Whereby the offense stalls by forcing the QB to stay in the pocket and actually read defenses and make throws in the field of play. Concussions are the biggest danger with Wilson.

An additional way to protect the QB would be to deploy a run heavy offense but with an injury prone RB as the bell-cow I anxiously wait to see how Olson will find balance amongst all these variables.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 31 of 37

Jump to: