Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Last of Us (PS3/Naughty Dog)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peppers90

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
Peppers90 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:
I refused to get in this thread until I finished it. Hate seeing opinions as I play, find it just ends up in my head and distracts me.

Peppers fancy some online?

I've had that problem before in the past with other games. I see what people are saying even with no spoilers it hurts my enjoyment.

I haven't got into it yet, Latino and FlybyKnite told me the MP was pretty good. We'll have to party up.

I'm about to hop on, I've only played one game so I'm equally noobish. I'll be on if you fancy joining at some point.

I'll be on here soon too. I think we are friends on PSN?

PSN: bDoDDleS | Twitter @bDoDDleS
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys talk about "getting lost in the game", but I find it hard to get lost in a game that has a godmode sniper rifle picking me off at a 100% rate. Laughing

I don't think I'm bringing up the same thing. I just mention specific examples. Your guys' standards for games are too low. I knew what I was getting into when I bought this game, but a godmode sniper rifle is beyond stupid no matter how you try to spin it. It doesn't ruin the game, but it entirely ruined that part which actually could have been fun because you were given a large area to work with, and you could have been able to do a lot there.

Anyways, I'm at Fall now. If I thought the game was horrible I would have quit. I play it on and off like I did with Uncharted. It's fun, but nothing that makes me want to finish it NOW NOW NOW.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my game is glitched. There's a part where I died and large group of enemies saw me. Every time it spawns me I get shot at instantly and have this huge mob chasing me immediately. There's absolutely nothing I can do here, I'm not sure what is going on. I guess I'll just turn my system off and hope it doesn't spawn me like that again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Not the best game I've played but I'm having fun with it. But I also get pretty attached to characters in games like this, regardless of the gameplay.

ELRammy
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put in a couple of hours on multiplayer and it's pretty slick. Would be an awesome team based game if you had a small crew regularly.

^Kempes
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I think my game is glitched. There's a part where I died and large group of enemies saw me. Every time it spawns me I get shot at instantly and have this huge mob chasing me immediately. There's absolutely nothing I can do here, I'm not sure what is going on. I guess I'll just turn my system off and hope it doesn't spawn me like that again.

It's not really a glitch, just annoying autosave. You got detected and the game saved after that. It means when you respawn it's still in an alerted stage. Happened to me once, kinda have to fight through it.

^Kempes
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
You guys talk about "getting lost in the game", but I find it hard to get lost in a game that has a godmode sniper rifle picking me off at a 100% rate. Laughing

I don't think I'm bringing up the same thing. I just mention specific examples. Your guys' standards for games are too low. I knew what I was getting into when I bought this game, but a godmode sniper rifle is beyond stupid no matter how you try to spin it. It doesn't ruin the game, but it entirely ruined that part which actually could have been fun because you were given a large area to work with, and you could have been able to do a lot there.

Anyways, I'm at Fall now. If I thought the game was horrible I would have quit. I play it on and off like I did with Uncharted. It's fun, but nothing that makes me want to finish it NOW NOW NOW.

No.

^Kempes
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Peppers90 wrote:
I really don't think this game is for you Mossburg. Just go play something else. You aren't even half way through and you're complaining so much.

He's said throughout the thread how much he's enjoying the game.

The gameplay could definitely be better to enforce the survival aspect of the game. When you die 5 times and can breeze through the part because you know exactly what the infected are going to do, what path to follow, etc. it takes away from the game a bit.

I agree with what both Mossburg and BG are talking about, and this is still one of my top two games this gen.

This is what I don't get. If you died previously, then it seems it was hard enough. You're not supposed to die like you are in a game like Demons Souls.

It's like. Don't want to breeze through a part? Then get through it without dying the first time. Be careful and deliberate and play it like you have one life left.

I guess that's just the way I see any game that is aiming for cinematic scripted experience.

*Still Hasn't played it yet*

Props to Eggy
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
MILD SPOILER, NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY

I'm at the part where I'm pinned down by the sniper who keeps taunting you. So I sneak up to a spot where I can see where the sniper is firing from and am ready to take him out with a clear shot from my rifle....hey guess what? There's no sniper, it's just an empty rifle sitting on a window shooting at me! There's no guy! That's exactly what I mean by dumb scripted crap. Only way to kill him is to get into the room and get a cutscene. That kind of stuff totally kills it for me.

+1. Totally agree w/ you here. I did the same thing. Because first instinct is to take out the sniper right? I mean he's laying down cover fire so he's gots ta go (James Franco voice).

That kills it for me too. Having to play for the cut scene. Lame.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Just finished it. I'm not 'gamer' by any means. I typically only get into a game when it comes with such fanfare.

This game for me was meh. Great presentation, story but the game play left nothing me wanting more. Which I get this is a story driven game and that's the focus but I didn't find anything overly complicated or enemies to be very difficult to maneuver through.

Personally, my fav game on PS3 was Red Dead Redemption. I value game play and replay ability more than a great story. I like the free world type games w/ various things to accomplish and play for.

Feel like I just dropped $60 on a movie right now with no replay value. Is the online content any good?
Can I ask what difficulty you beat the game on?

Played on normal and it was just insanely easy. Any 'hordes' of enemies you just lob a molotov or shrapnel in the group and dispose of them. Heck, I didn't even level up my weapons because what's the point. Just walked through it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any particular reason you didn't try it on a harder difficulty?

Props to Eggy
yankee0724

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Peppers90 wrote:
I really don't think this game is for you Mossburg. Just go play something else. You aren't even half way through and you're complaining so much.

He's said throughout the thread how much he's enjoying the game.

The gameplay could definitely be better to enforce the survival aspect of the game. When you die 5 times and can breeze through the part because you know exactly what the infected are going to do, what path to follow, etc. it takes away from the game a bit.

I agree with what both Mossburg and BG are talking about, and this is still one of my top two games this gen.

This is what I don't get. If you died previously, then it seems it was hard enough. You're not supposed to die like you are in a game like Demons Souls.

It's like. Don't want to breeze through a part? Then get through it without dying the first time. Be careful and deliberate and play it like you have one life left.

I guess that's just the way I see any game that is aiming for cinematic scripted experience.

*Still Hasn't played it yet*

I do play it exactly like that. Ill stay crouched behind things and try to get a feel for how to attack the situation. But that doesn't mean it doesn't make away from the gameplay when you know exactly what to do and when to do it because everything is following the same path every single time.

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:

You make a good point. That part of the game was expansive with tons of room to work. Had a real good opportunity to have some fun there.

For me, I snuck up to get a vantage point to take out the sniper, only to realize there was a mounted gun and no sniper. I lobbed a smoke grenade and ran up the stairs. It took all of 45 seconds to get through that part for me on normal. And after the cut scene, the rest of the enemies were gone and it went to the stage of shooting infected.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

Mine glitched when Ellie left to that ranch and you're looking for her. I searched that house for a damn half hour trying to figure out what to do. Finally took to youtube and watched a walkthrough.

The obvious door I needed in didn't show a triangle to open it. It would never let me open the door. In fact the conversation that takes place when you walk in w/ Ellie didn't even happen for me. Had to reload the sequence and it worked.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
Any particular reason you didn't try it on a harder difficulty?

I'm not a big gamer, so I thought normal would fit me. Figured it I would play through once and then again on a harder difficulty. But after finishing, I have no desire to play again unfortunately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 28 of 42

Jump to: