Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Start of Free Agency 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agarcia34

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cork threw out the idea of Oakland being interested in D.Bishop. could nor Roach to SLB and Moore at WLB or use Roach and Bishop in the middle of the 34
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Cork threw out the idea of Oakland being interested in D.Bishop. could nor Roach to SLB and Moore at WLB or use Roach and Bishop in the middle of the 34

Burnett is going to start somewhere. He is such a solid LBer.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're alright at LB now
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
we're alright at LB now

Thats a good way of saying it. I'd like us to kick the tires though. He'd be a better backup MLB than whoever we have and he has 3-4 ILB experience which is nice since we want to run some hybrid looks.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. Looks like we might be able to address the TE position in FA, when Aaron Hernandez gets out in 40 years to life..
Not looking good for him AT ALL.. Such a shame if its true. Sure is looking that way.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it would never happen but I would go after Darius Byrd. Ball hawking Byrd & Hayden playing behind Clowney's pass rush would be something special. I hate to break S&B's (iirc he's near Buffalo) heart but even he knows Buffalo never pays and Eugene Parker is the same agent who played hardball with them that facilitated the Jason Peters trade.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I know it would never happen but I would go after Darius Byrd. Ball hawking Byrd & Hayden playing behind Clowney's pass rush would be something special. I hate to break S&B's (iirc he's near Buffalo) heart but even he knows Buffalo never pays and Eugene Parker is the same agent who played hardball with them that facilitated the Jason Peters trade.

I'd love Byrd and have no allegiance to Buffalo since they benched Flutie in the playoffs for Rob Johnson.

bungleodeon wrote:
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't we still have an open roster spot to be filled before training camp or are we already at the 90 player max?

I stumbled across this article about the top 10 remaining free agents and noticed John Abraham still on the market looking for at least 5 million a season, hopefully he softens his stance and we pick him up. We could definitely use the pass rush.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1695274-predicting-where-top-remaining-nfl-free-agents-will-sign/page/9

Another article mentioned his drop off near the end of the season which could be a bad thing but at the same time the guy had 10 sacks last year, literally 40% of what we had as a team combined.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1704055-why-cant-free-agent-de-john-abraham-find-a-job

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald Jones was just released from Patriots. Hope they bring him in camp to compete. Relativley young at 25. Fast, over 6ft, can block. Did well with dink and dunk in Buff but probably could be better with deep balls. Originally undrafted guy. Was on my radar originally when FA started.

On a side note someone good is going to get cut from SF secondary now that they traded for Wright. They are loaded at CB now.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Rotoworld

"The Raiders are interested in free agent G Travelle Wharton.
Wharton, who was released by the Bengals on Monday, has met with the Panthers and was scheduled to visit the Broncos. It's unlikely the Raiders will be able to offer competitive money despite their need for offensive line depth. Unless that changes, Wharton is not expected to work out in Oakland."
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Per Rotoworld

"The Raiders are interested in free agent G Travelle Wharton.
Wharton, who was released by the Bengals on Monday, has met with the Panthers and was scheduled to visit the Broncos. It's unlikely the Raiders will be able to offer competitive money despite their need for offensive line depth. Unless that changes, Wharton is not expected to work out in Oakland."

I took a hard at look Wharton as soon as he was released. The word on Wharton is that he is a finesse blocker despite his girth. It's good to know the Raiders are interested in improving the depth of the OL however, they are obviously still concerned about cap space if they are looking at value guys like Wharton.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Raiders worked out FA guard Travelle Wharton today.

Guess it wasnt just a rumor. They had him taking snaps at OC as well. Upgrade of Parsons imo if he can play OC.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Guess it wasnt just a rumor. They had him taking snaps at OC as well. Upgrade of Parsons imo if he can play OC.

I mispoke. The player they saw taking snaps at OC was Andre Gurode. I believe Sparano is familar with Gurode.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

I mispoke. The player they saw taking snaps at OC was Andre Gurode. I believe Sparano is familar with Gurode.

From Dallas. I forget whether he's depth or starting caliber right now.

bungleodeon wrote:
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

From Dallas. I forget whether he's depth or starting caliber right now.

He was bad his last couple years with them. I still remember when Haynesworth stomped on him.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 49 of 100

Jump to: