Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hey, you guys going to a 3-4 right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Hey, you guys going to a 3-4 right? Reply with quote

Just curious are you guys switching to a 3-4? If so does that mean Cole and Graham will stand up at OLB with Barwin? I guess that would mean your d-line will be F.Cox and B.Logan at the 5 tech DE with Sopago at NT. I think that could be pretty good front 7 if Cole can play standing up.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Hey, you guys going to a 3-4 right? Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
Just curious are you guys switching to a 3-4? If so does that mean Cole and Graham will stand up at OLB with Barwin? I guess that would mean your d-line will be F.Cox and B.Logan at the 5 tech DE with Sopago at NT. I think that could be pretty good front 7 if Cole can play standing up.

Not straight up. They've been calling it a 4-3 under which is similar. Either way we should see both 4-3 and 3-4 sets depending on the situation/playcalling.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/51619/defining-the-eagles-new-defense

Quote:
‘Multiple’ is the best way,” Davis said. “I know you guys are tired of that answer. I know you want to hear one or the other or something. What we’re doing here is we’re taking that wide-nine 4-3 and we’re moving in the direction of the 3-4, but where we stop is yet to be determined by the players we have.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hey, you guys going to a 3-4 right? Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:

Cedric Thorton is lining up mostly with the first team at the 5-technique, but Bennie Logan has been peppered in at the 1, 3, and 5 techniques super sub to spell the starters. It wouldn't shock me if he's groomed to be a guy that can play all 3 spots who will start at one position but play all 3 long term, a lot like Brandon Mebane who'se played the 1, 3, and 5 technique positions for Seattle under Pete Carroll.

Right now the DL is Thorton-Sopoaga-Cox with Logan as the primary backup for all 3. The LB Corps is Barwin-Ryans-Kendricks-Cole with Graham as the primary backup on the outside and a battle for the primary backup role on the inside.

In a 4 man front Cole will likely put his hand in the dirt, but in a 3 man front he'll likely stand up.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clifton Geathers also gotten some 1st team reps, quite a few from what I've read.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Clifton Geathers also gotten some 1st team reps, quite a few from what I've read.

This is true as well.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey, you guys going to a 3-4 right? Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Justin Hoover82 wrote:

Cedric Thorton is lining up mostly with the first team at the 5-technique, but Bennie Logan has been peppered in at the 1, 3, and 5 techniques super sub to spell the starters. It wouldn't shock me if he's groomed to be a guy that can play all 3 spots who will start at one position but play all 3 long term, a lot like Brandon Mebane who'se played the 1, 3, and 5 technique positions for Seattle under Pete Carroll.

Right now the DL is Thorton-Sopoaga-Cox with Logan as the primary backup for all 3. The LB Corps is Barwin-Ryans-Kendricks-Cole with Graham as the primary backup on the outside and a battle for the primary backup role on the inside.

In a 4 man front Cole will likely put his hand in the dirt, but in a 3 man front he'll likely stand up.

I liked Thorton coming out of college and was hoping the Cowboys would draft him late. That was a good pick up for you guys. I'm looking forward to seeing how our o-line stacks up against yalls front 7. Should be interesting as usual.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

That size.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
JayAp07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

That size.

I don't get it... he barely plays for a team that had one of the worst 3-4 lines in the NFL last year and now he's pushing for a job as a starter? I won't even bring up bouncing from Cleveland to Miami to Seattle to Dallas in one season. Guy is a practice squad/reserve player nothing more.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

That size.

I don't get it... he barely plays for a team that had one of the worst 3-4 lines in the NFL last year and now he's pushing for a job as a starter? I won't even bring up bouncing from Cleveland to Miami to Seattle to Dallas in one season. Guy is a practice squad/reserve player nothing more.

He played his best football last year. It's not unlikely he's just a massive 5 tech that can eat space/hold the edge, but so be it.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were smart we would run a 43 with Barwin at SAM actually on the line

so really the line would be Cole, Cox, Soap/Thornton, Graham and Barwin as the line, with Kendricks and Ryans behind that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: