Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Loucheiz Purifoy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_rent87

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
3rd best player in our secondary. Roberson and Watkins for me. He has the potential to be the best though. Not really sure where this hype is coming from. Roberson should be the top 15 pick or whatever they have Purifoy at.
I agree with this

Props to Jamison on the sig
datman410

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like I can't watch a tape without seeing him get beat....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIXqAtF1--M#t=30s
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

datman410 wrote:

You gotta keep in mind scheme and that some routes are just naturally tough to defend if thrown properly. Patterson got the majority of his catches on "cheap" routes or on plays where the scheme left an opening.

I will say, though, that the TD is 110% on Purifoy. He took a false step and didn't stay square to his man which allowed him inside of him on the goal-line. That's one of the worst sins you can commit as a CB if you don't have inside help. Gotta stay square and force him to come through you. Don't go after him and open up.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
datman410

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:

You gotta keep in mind scheme and that some routes are just naturally tough to defend if thrown properly. Patterson got the majority of his catches on "cheap" routes or on plays where the scheme left an opening.

I will say, though, that the TD is 110% on Purifoy. He took a false step and didn't stay square to his man which allowed him inside of him on the goal-line. That's one of the worst sins you can commit as a CB if you don't have inside help. Gotta stay square and force him to come through you. Don't go after him and open up.

Totally true, Ive just never seen a corner with zero career interceptions, 5 pass break ups, and gives up so many touchdowns get so much hype. He's done nothing to deserve any of this!
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

datman410 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:

Totally true, Ive just never seen a corner with zero career interceptions, 5 pass break ups, and gives up so many touchdowns get so much hype. He's done nothing to deserve any of this!

Eh...he's an elite athlete, a great special teamer and an excellent blitzer. Can tackle, has fluid hips, excellent cover skills, very good length and great speed. His technique is raw and his ball-skills need improvement but it's really not shocking.

He's a lot like Stephon Gilmore who a lot of people also doubted would go as high as he did and he gave up a lot of plays that he shouldn't have in college.

He's raw but he has loads of athletic upside, natural cover skills and he plays with aggression and tenacity. He's a pretty serious prospect. And I think if he works on his game(namely his footwork and tracking the ball with his back to the QB), he should cement his place in the top 20 if not the top 10.

datman410

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:

Eh...he's an elite athlete, a great special teamer and an excellent blitzer. Can tackle, has fluid hips, excellent cover skills, very good length and great speed. His technique is raw and his ball-skills need improvement but it's really not shocking.

He's a lot like Stephon Gilmore who a lot of people also doubted would go as high as he did and he gave up a lot of plays that he shouldn't have in college.

He's raw but he has loads of athletic upside, natural cover skills and he plays with aggression and tenacity. He's a pretty serious prospect. And I think if he works on his game(namely his footwork and tracking the ball with his back to the QB), he should cement his place in the top 20 if not the top 10.

I agree with the gilmore comparison but gilmore was WAY more sound in his technique especially after being a qb in HS. Lets also wait to see how "athletic" hes going to be at the combine. If hes going to run that 4.3-4.4 and jump 35+inch then I can agree with that.

I disagree strongly with you saying he has fluid hips and cover skills. I dont see that on tape. His ball skills are terrible, I dont think he has any...
kitsnow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overrated, 2nd-3rd round athletics. This is also a deep CB class. If your team needs a CB that will most likely start his first year probably not your best option.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roby, Ifo, Roberson, Everrett, Swann and a couple more I would take over him.

Props to Jamison on the sig
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

datman410 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:

I agree with the gilmore comparison but gilmore was WAY more sound in his technique especially after being a qb in HS. Lets also wait to see how "athletic" hes going to be at the combine. If hes going to run that 4.3-4.4 and jump 35+inch then I can agree with that.

I disagree strongly with you saying he has fluid hips and cover skills. I dont see that on tape. His ball skills are terrible, I dont think he has any...

Gilmore's technique was pretty bad in college.

As for Purifoy, he definitely has fluid hips and natural cover skills. He has no issues sticking in his man's hip pocket. His problem is positioning and tracking the ball mainly. His positioning issues come from technique problems.

datman410

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:

Gilmore's technique was pretty bad in college.

As for Purifoy, he definitely has fluid hips and natural cover skills. He has no issues sticking in his man's hip pocket. His problem is positioning and tracking the ball mainly. His positioning issues come from technique problems.

I strongly disagree, Gilmore was a Day 1 starting coming in as a freshman playing opposite Chris Culliver. He was solid and had decent ball skills.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

datman410 wrote:

I strongly disagree, Gilmore was a Day 1 starting coming in as a freshman playing opposite Chris Culliver. He was solid and had decent ball skills.

I go to South Carolina, my friend. Both Stephon and Cully had poor technique in college. It's why both underachieved based on the athletic gifts they had.

datman410

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:

I go to South Carolina, my friend. Both Stephon and Cully had poor technique in college. It's why both underachieved based on the athletic gifts they had.

So do I....You are just flat out wrong. Gilmore was great. Greg Cosell Ranked him the #1 CB coming out ahead of claiborne
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

datman410 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:

So do I....You are just flat out wrong. Gilmore was great. Greg Cosell Ranked him the #1 CB coming out ahead of claiborne

I'm not wrong at all. Gilmore had a lot of issues. Cosell was high on him because of his natural physical skills and his attitude.

Do you remember Lance Lewis owning him in 2011?

datman410

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:

I'm not wrong at all. Gilmore had a lot of issues. Cosell was high on him because of his natural physical skills and his attitude.

Because of 2 jump balls? if thats owned then sure, gilmore got raped
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

datman410 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
datman410 wrote:

Because of 2 jump balls? if thats owned then sure, gilmore got raped

He got thoroughly owned in that game. Go look at pretty much any of the Stephon Gilmore pre-draft threads. All note his poor footwork, how raw he is and his technical issues.

And that wasn't the only game he had issues in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: