Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants WR Hakeem Nicks holdsout of OTAs, wants a new deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Hakeem Nicks is in the building!!! #MiniCamp2013 #NYG #GIANTS pic.twitter.com/yN7cxY4CQi

http://twitter.com/Weatherford5/statuses/344444369681657856

Tom Brady Tribute
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hell happened to his hairline...

Might as well just shave it all off Hakeem
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
The hell happened to his hairline...

Might as well just shave it all off Hakeem

At least he plays with an helmet, he won't pull a LeBron.
Tom Brady Tribute
GiantAl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Now fingers crossed he can stay healthy. He will need to have a big year to get his monster contract.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go getting my hopes up that he comes back next year...

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/19/hakeem-nicks-vague-noncommittal-about-his-desire-to-remain-with-new-york-giants-long-term/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/19/hakeem-nicks-vague-noncommittal-about-his-desire-to-remain-with-new-york-giants-long-term/

I don't think you can blame him. He doesn't want to give the impression that he'll take less than he deserves as a #1 WR and will view his options if the Giants don't get him a long-term contract after this season which makes sense. I don't really blame Nicks for anything right now, I think it's pretty obvious he missed voluntary OTAs to be safe avoid injury he suffered in them last year, because he knows if he can't stay healthy this year he'll be getting a cheap, 1-2 year deal, at least from the Giants. Thats why i'm pissed off about Cruz. Now unlike a lot of you guys i'm not saying I hate the guy now and then love him when the season starts, but he's really starting to get under my nerves. Anyone who won't take 8-9m/yr is just simply greedy. Honestly, how much money do you really need? Sign the damn contract while the moneys there and stop being such a diva. All you're doing is creating a distraction for the team and having a negative effect.
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

I don't think you can blame him. He doesn't want to give the impression that he'll take less than he deserves as a #1 WR and will view his options if the Giants don't get him a long-term contract after this season which makes sense. I don't really blame Nicks for anything right now, I think it's pretty obvious he missed voluntary OTAs to be safe avoid injury he suffered in them last year, because he knows if he can't stay healthy this year he'll be getting a cheap, 1-2 year deal, at least from the Giants. Thats why i'm pissed off about Cruz. Now unlike a lot of you guys i'm not saying I hate the guy now and then love him when the season starts, but he's really starting to get under my nerves. Anyone who won't take 8-9m/yr is just simply greedy. Honestly, how much money do you really need? Sign the damn contract while the moneys there and stop being such a diva. All you're doing is creating a distraction for the team and having a negative effect.

its kind of interesting that Osi has even hinted at as much, effectively saying "i've been there, you won't beat JR..."
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

its kind of interesting that Osi has even hinted at as much, effectively saying "i've been there, you won't beat JR..."

Jacobs just said the same thing on instagram. Someone called out reese on one of his pictures and jacobs blew the kid up and said reese knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to money.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think when Nicks promised Coughlin he would be there it was before the Crabtree injury and the other injuries during OTA. Nicks prior to that was wary of attending OTAs but the Crab injury turned him away.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: